Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What if...

...we don't take any QB's in this draft?

How would you feel about it?
    For the sake of this evaluation, let's say we pick Dion Jordan in the first (he is available on Mayock's and DraftBoy's mock drafts) and the best available WR in the second (this one is trickier, I don't know who, but going by the 2 mocks mentioned before, I think could be any of the following: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, depending on how the top of the second round falls and I seriously have no idea).

Also, what do you think are the odds of that (taking no QB's) happening?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,487 Times in 7,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What if...

zero chance imo.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

100% not happening.

SpikedLemonade

Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found a QB in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.

5. Post thanked by:

sukie (04-25-2013)

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm honestly fine with no QB this draft, but only if we get a rock-solid guy at #8. We arent gonna be great whether we get a QB at 8 or not, so I'd rather go with the best player available.

7. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (04-24-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found one in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.
    I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 04-24-2013 at 07:54 PM.

clumping platelets

Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8

10. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (04-25-2013),Pinkerton Security (04-24-2013),Typ0 (04-24-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
    I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.

Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.

12. Post thanked by:

better days (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.
    That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

A franchise QB is worth #8. He either lied or is taking a QB at 8 imo.

15. Post thanked by:

better days (04-25-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Could be Warmack too in the first. Then I guess we would go a combination of WR/LB/TE with the next two picks.

I went with Jordan because it's draft's eve and suddenly he's slipping to #8, plus I have a "feeling" we won't invest picks on the OL this draft.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
    Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8
    Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.

clumping platelets

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.
    Not heard any problems about Warmack............Milliner may not be ready for TC

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one",
    but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out?
    This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

qbs are the hardest position to evaluate, hell i remeber people saying leaf would be awesome and manning would bust.... this argument comes with the presupposition that all qbs will fail. with the way the nfl is, and the complete toss up as to which of these qbs will pan out, you almost have to take one, every year in the 1st 3 rnds if you dont have a franchise qb..... even if you have brady, you should take a qb every 2-3 years late in the draft, the postion is that important.... i dont even understand how one could say this.

at an absolute minimum, we need to take a qb rd 2... i mean wtf
    Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 04-24-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
    i see the warmack pick, possibly the next will shields, and giving us dominant early 90s oline. but we must take a qb rd 2.

personally, i want geno, barkley or ej

i really want barkley or ej at 8

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't want to reach and I'm not interested in trading up, so the distinct possibility exists that a guy we wanted isn't there in the 1st or 2nd. That said, there should be one there in the 3rd or 4th, but the odds of them making it as a starter go down greatly. So long as we go into the draft with a "don't force on a need" approach I think we'll be just fine, even if it means not drafting a QB.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even if there is some kind of crazy run on QBs and we miss the top tier guys, we absolutely must take a late rounder to roll the dice on. Matt Scott, Zac Dysert, etc.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
    Even if there is some kind of crazy run on QBs and we miss the top tier guys, we absolutely must take a late rounder to roll the dice on. Matt Scott, Zac Dysert, etc.
    I think Dysert make go higher than some think, same with Scott. Maybe even the bottom of day two, can see a day three team with a high pick swapping picks.

Think they'll take a QB no question, don't want them to force the issue however. They better be right if they take one early, make or break decision for this org/staff.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    I think Dysert make go higher than some think, same with Scott. Maybe even the bottom of day two, can see a day three team with a high pick swapping picks.

Think they'll take a QB no question, don't want them to force the issue however. They better be right if they take one early, make or break decision for this org/staff.
    i dont think its that big a deal if they take a qb rd 2, or even rd 3 and that qb busts. either way, a 2nd rd qb wont play for 2 years, assuming kolb can stay healthy....

Thanks
    Thanked 9,215 Times in 5,938 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found a QB in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.
    HAHA.

As far as Warmack... Is he THAT superior to Levitre that the Bills refused to pay to retain?