PDA

View Full Version : Mario under fire for gun pics

X-Era
06-28-2013, 06:37 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mario-williams-pictures-guns-no-big-deal-bad-213750928.html

Tim Graham is launching an assault on Mario as well on Twitter.

"I have a feeling the NFL would rather the highest-paid defensive player in league history not advertise that he's armed to the teeth."

"I'm commenting simply on the picture. Legal or not, it's a bad look and not what the NFL wants. Nor should the Bills."

"It's not the legality of the gun. It's a superstar saying "Look how cool this is" at a time the NFL is concerned about a gun problem."

If he isn't breaking any laws I don't see the issue.

On the flip-side, teachers for example, are frowned upon from posting pictures of them drinking or even racy pictures.

The NFL may not like pictures of Mario firing guns and the image it may portray.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/06/mario-williams-gun-photos-not-the-wisest-way-to-project-public-image.html

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 06:48 AM
Tim Graham needs to STFU.

First, if the NFL was that concerned with gun pics, then they'd make it part of the player conduct policy. I'm sure they don't like it, but there's really nothing they can do about it. Taking any action against Mario for posting pics would create far more of an image problem for the NFL than the actual pics are.

Second, everyone knows Mario Williams has a $90 million contract, plus all the money he made in Houston and from endorsements. If everyone knew I was extremely wealthy, I'd arm myself to the teeth and make sure everyone knew that too.

Skooby
06-28-2013, 06:49 AM
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoTFYds1RdX4AUZKJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMTQ4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dhappy%2Bgilmore%2Bguns%2Bdon%2Bt%2Bkill%2Bpeople%26fr%3Donesearch%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D4&w=300&h=240&imgurl=www.founditemclothing.com%2Fhalloween%2Fguns-dont-kill-happy-gilmore-costume-shirt-screengrab-1.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.founditemclothing.com%2Fhalloween%2Fmr-larson-guns-dont-kill-costume.html&size=40.8KB&name=Mr.+Larson+%3Cb%3EHappy+Gilmore+%3C%2Fb%3E-+%3Cb%3EGuns+Don%3C%2Fb%3E%26%2339%3B%3Cb%3Et+Kill+People+%3C%2Fb%3EShirt+-+80%26%2339%3Bs+Movie+...&p=happy+gilmore+guns+don+t+kill+people&oid=fe95cae95573f2f79bac84c2eb5e83fe&fr2=&fr=onesearch&tt=Mr.+Larson+%3Cb%3EHappy+Gilmore+%3C%2Fb%3E-+%3Cb%3EGuns+Don%3C%2Fb%3E%26%2339%3B%3Cb%3Et+Kill+People+%3C%2Fb%3EShirt+-+80%26%2339%3Bs+Movie+...&b=0&ni=40&no=4&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=12gt7b2v0&sigb=142e5luq7&sigi=12vloli3v&.crumb=KD1rZVT2vOA&fr=onesearch

DynaPaul
06-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Jeez, just go ahead and bash the guy we spent $100 million bucks on. First the engagement ring, then the "kill 'em or hurt 'em" comment, and now the guns. Leave the fooking guy alone.

HAMMER
06-28-2013, 07:47 AM
Jeez, just go ahead and bash the guy we spent $100 million bucks on. First the engagement ring, then the "kill 'em or hurt 'em" comment, and now the guns. Leave the fooking guy alone.

He brings it all on himself, if he were a smarter man he would keep his mouth shut, keep the controversial pictures under wraps and focus on football.

ServoBillieves
06-28-2013, 07:54 AM

Scumbag College
06-28-2013, 08:28 AM
I'd think he'd get more trouble from the NFL brass for the A. Hernandez GTA pic he put up on his instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/bEyXDGJy9-/

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 08:37 AM
I would make a picture of Graham as a target just to make that crybaby cry even more.

jdaltroy5
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
I don't see how they can reprimand him. He's not breaking any laws or NFL policies.

I think it's a stupid picture given the history of the NFL and gun problems ESPECIALLY with what has just transpired, but if they don't want them putting up pictures like that, then make a policy about it.

JoeMama
Tim Graham needs a hobby.

The pictures show Mario Williams doing some shooting practice. A few of the pics show him wearing protective gear on his eyes and ears.

This isn't some Aaron Herndandez hoodrat type ****.

This actually looks like responsible gun ownership on Mario Williams' part.

bf1
Tim Graham is a douche.

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 08:58 AM

The pictures show Mario Williams doing some shooting practice. A few of the pics show him wearing protective gear on his eyes and ears.

This isn't some Aaron Herndandez hoodrat ****.

This actually looks like responsible gun ownership on Mario Williams part.

But we need Tim Graham to tell us "Guns are bad, mmmmmkay?"

bf1
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Tim is trying to make a name for himself at the expense of Mario. I despise that kind of "journalism".

Skooby
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
But we need Tim Graham to tell us "Guns are bad, mmmmmkay?"

Maybe we need our highest paid guy to behave like an adult in a bad time for the league, he's a pretty high-profile guy to be acting like a child.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2013, 09:39 AM
Skooby STFU already you little girl

better days
06-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Maybe we need our highest paid guy to behave like an adult in a bad time for the league, he's a pretty high-profile guy to be acting like a child.

Well, at least he is acting like a MALE child. Not like some whinny little girl.

And if the NFL wants to avoid a black eye in the future, they should encourage teams to not draft thugs.

kishoph
06-28-2013, 09:55 AM

Agreed. There's a big difference between the two, Williams is an avid hunter and I assume a gun collector that is licensed and using the weapons for sport, while Hernandez is a thug with an unlicensed weapon that he uses for killing.

Bill Cody
06-28-2013, 10:07 AM
who cares

justasportsfan
06-28-2013, 10:13 AM
From what we know , Mario is a law abiding citizen. Why is Graham attacking law abiding citizens for firing guns?

Night Train
06-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Seems while the actual NFL news is dead until training camp, it's time for certain media members to sermonize from the pulpit about social issues, team nicknames and gun control. I take it at face value and really don't react to everything I read from them. They need a paycheck and that's the big picture.

coastal
06-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Mario Williams needs to go away in the worst way.

worst bill ever.

Dude
06-28-2013, 10:45 AM
I believe TG's position is that while he's not doing anything illegal, he should exercise better judgement given what's happening with Aaron Hernandez. It's an image-conscious league and when you have a high-profile situation where a prominent player is charged with an "execution-style" murder, it doesn't look good to have other high-profile players posing in pictures with guns, regardless of if they are legal.

I agree with TG's view, but don't agree with how aggressive he is in promoting it.

bf1
06-28-2013, 11:11 AM
I believe TG's position is that while he's not doing anything illegal, he should exercise better judgement given what's happening with Aaron Hernandez. It's an image-conscious league and when you have a high-profile situation where a prominent player is charged with an "execution-style" murder, it doesn't look good to have other high-profile players posing in pictures with guns, regardless of if they are legal.

I agree with TG's view, but don't agree with how aggressive he is in promoting it.

Same here.

Mr. Miyagi
06-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Mario Williams is an avid hunter, not a gangster. His character and track record proves that.

I wonder why Tim Graham is out for a characater assasination for no reason.

Lucidvizion
06-28-2013, 11:26 AM
All Mario's pictures show me is that not every NFL player is a "Thug Life" idiot.

Tim Graham is trying to manufacture a controversy by injecting his own opinion on the subject. It's not the NFL's feelings he's actually concerned about, it's his own.

DynaPaul
06-28-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't look to sports writers for guidance on right and wrong. He's done nothing illegal so Graham can screw off.

HAMMER
06-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Mario Williams is an avid hunter, not a gangster. His character and track record proves that.

Those are not hunting guns, it is not character assassination, he is making a VERY valid point. I'm not sure the Bills did enough digging on Mario before signing him, he has not impressed me in any way to this point. Doesn't seem to use good judgement, or make good choices.

Mr. Miyagi
06-28-2013, 01:10 PM
One is clearly using guns as sporting hobby, the other is clearly a thug. Really? If you can't tell the difference, the problem lies with you.

Ed
06-28-2013, 01:51 PM
James Harrison posed for a magazine article with a couple of his handguns a couple years ago and no one cared.

https://www.google.com/search?q=james+harrison+guns+picture&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4djNUaLbEIqaiAKx9oHQDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1308&bih=778#imgdii=_

better days
06-28-2013, 01:53 PM

worst bill ever.

I don't know why you have the hatred for Mario but IMO McGoofy is the worst Bill ever & there is NOBODY that is a close 2nd to him.

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Those are not hunting guns, it is not character assassination, he is making a VERY valid point. I'm not sure the Bills did enough digging on Mario before signing him, he has not impressed me in any way to this point. Doesn't seem to use good judgement, or make good choices.

If you want to talk about Mario's play on the field, I'm with you. He was decent, but certainly didn't do anything to justify that huge contract last year.

But as far as not using good judgment, what the hell are you talking about? Other than these pics (which aren't even a big deal IMO), what has he done to show lack of judgment?

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM

worst bill ever.
Seriously?

I was disappointed with Mario last season too but worst Bill ever? He's not even the worst guy named Williams on the CURRENT roster, let alone ever.

coastal
06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Seriously?

I was disappointed with Mario last season too but worst Bill ever? He's not even the worst guy named Williams on the CURRENT roster, let alone ever.
$100 million for sprained wrists, million dollar engagements gone bad and AH internet smack?

this guy is a total ****in clown.

EricStratton
06-28-2013, 03:09 PM
The disappointing thing from TG is the pictures of Mario with the guns are from June 1, before any of the Hernandez stuff was out yet he's trying to link the two.

It's a weak way to get eyes on your articles.

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 03:13 PM
$100 million for sprained wrists, million dollar engagements gone bad and AH internet smack?

this guy is a total ****in clown.

if you want to say worst value, then you might be able to convince me. But he still had double digit sacks last year so I'd have a hard time putting him above Derrick Dockery or Mike Williams.

Worst ever? No. There are plenty of Bills who did far less and created far more off-the-field stirs. What about Whitner constantly running his mouth on twitter and getting into a high school turf war in Cleveland, while being mediocre on the field? Or Aaron Maybin holding out and recording a rap song about how great he is rather than getting his ass to training camp? Or McGahee who sat out a year cuz of injury, had one great season, mailed it in, then talked trash about the city when he got traded? And as far as actual on-the-field play, there are dozens of guys who are far worse than these guys (well, maybe not Maybin).

Seriously- I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Mario's great or that he's lived up to his contract. He hasn't. But worst Bill ever because he underperformed and posted some gun pics on twitter? Do you even pay attention to how bad some of the players on this team have been?

OpIv37
06-28-2013, 03:14 PM
The disappointing thing from TG is the pictures of Mario with the guns are from June 1, before any of the Hernandez stuff was out yet he's trying to link the two.

I didn't even notice that. I had been slowly gaining respect for Graham but he just completely lost me with that stunt.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2013, 03:18 PM
if you want to say worst value, then you might be able to convince me. But he still had double digit sacks last year so I'd have a hard time putting him above Derrick Dockery or Mike Williams.

Worst ever? No. There are plenty of Bills who did far less and created far more off-the-field stirs. What about Whitner constantly running his mouth on twitter and getting into a high school turf war in Cleveland, while being mediocre on the field? Or Aaron Maybin holding out and recording a rap song about how great he is rather than getting his ass to training camp? Or McGahee who sat out a year cuz of injury, had one great season, mailed it in, then talked trash about the city when he got traded? And as far as actual on-the-field play, there are dozens of guys who are far worse than these guys (well, maybe not Maybin).

Seriously- I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Mario's great or that he's lived up to his contract. He hasn't. But worst Bill ever because he underperformed and posted some gun pics on twitter? Do you even pay attention to how bad some of the players on this team have been?

Ignore the clown Coastal. He just wants to plant his lips on Marios schlong

X-Era
06-28-2013, 03:20 PM

It's a weak way to get eyes on your articles.I didn't catch that before. Makes Tim look even worse.

HAMMER
06-28-2013, 04:18 PM
One is clearly using guns as sporting hobby, the other is clearly a thug. Really? If you can't tell the difference, the problem lies with you.

The problem lies with me? No. The problem lies with you thinking the gun he is holding in that picture is used for hunting. I would think you would know better living in Minn. I don't think Mario is a thug, you placed those words in my mouth. I simply think he is less than bright to put those images out for public consumption.

I wonder about his mental makeup, he talked about killing himself, he was too dumb to realize his "kill em" comment was a bad thing to say in light of bounty gate.

People that are suicidal should not own guns, they are the people that take out their ex's and the new man in her life, then off themselves. This guy seems to be a few cards short of a full deck IMO.

NOT THE DUDE...
06-28-2013, 04:33 PM
this is so beyond nuts. is tim graham off his medication? I mean wtf

- - - Updated - - -

talk about starting drama for absolutely no reason

feldspar
06-28-2013, 04:38 PM
who cares

Exactly.

Who the *** cares if the NFL disapproves, too. They can suck it. If somebody wants to be a total putz, they could say that the NFL is advocating war every time it flies fighter jets overhead or lines up the military in front of us all the time. Stupid notion, but just as valid as trying to shame Mario for openly liking guns.

Mario likes guns, and there is absolutely no reason for him to hide this fact. Mario's liking guns isn't going to lead to people shooting each other in the streets...when people DO shoot each other in the streets, that is of course due to video games and violence on TV. LOL.

DesertFox24
06-28-2013, 04:41 PM
I have not read every post on here so please forgive if this diatribe on good ole Tim Graham and Sully has repeats in it. I would like to point out that I do appreciate their brutal honesty of the team and that they do not wear rose colored glasses.

Those that do not know me I will put it as simply as I can I am neither democrate or republican I am a constitionalist, meaning I firmly agree with and will fight for the protection of our constitution. I am vehementally opposed to any altering or changing of the second amendment and could waste everyones time with a history lesson of why every citizen having the right to bear arms is what makes america america but I will not. I also could waste time pointing out that taking guns away from citizens who legally own guns and use them properly is the surest way for armed criminal activity to skyrocket in our nation.

I have done research into owning automatic rifles and silencers and for one reason I decided not to pursue them, that reason is that I did not want to waive my right to unwarranted searches performed by the AT. Yes that is correct one can own a fully auto weapon and silencer but you waive your right to protection from unwarranted searches.

History lesson this was a big a deal back in the day!

That being said the fact that Mario is taking pictures of fully auto weapons and a silencer would hopefully indicate that he has legally purchased the weapons and registered them with the local police department and waived his rights to unwarranted searches of ALL his property. In addition you have to go through a training course (I am not sure of the duration as I stopped researching when I saw I could be searched anytime, whether you are home or not). As a result I have no problem with Mario owning nor taking pictures of him with these guns. The pistols are holstered correctly and the M16 is being handled correctly.

Tim and Sully argue the NFL does not want the image of guns with its players. I disagree, the NFL does not want pictures of NFL players holding guns in an improper fashion or guns that are not registered with the proper authorities. I stated these facts to Tim Graham and of course was not retweeted as all he retweets is unintelligent jabs at him or people who concure with his opinion. He will never retweet a desenting opinion that is well thought out and has validaty. I can not say anything about Sully's twitter use as I am barely on twitter to begin with and he is less than me so I never see his post or retweets, last tweet I saw from him was some album he liked.

There it is folks... actually facts! Unbiased true facts.

coastal
06-28-2013, 04:44 PM

Seriously- I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Mario's great or that he's lived up to his contract. He hasn't. But worst Bill ever because he underperformed and posted some gun pics on twitter? Do you even pay attention to how bad some of the players on this team have been?value? Is there any other way to measure?

One hundred million dollars!!!!

dude... We didn't even sniff the playoffs.

the defense was beyond atrocious.

now if he was another $20 million loser who didn't perform... situation normal at OBD.

as it stands... worst Bill ever.

SquishDaFish
06-28-2013, 04:46 PM
value? Is there any other way to measure?

now if he was another $20 million loser who didn't perform... situation normal at OBD.

Will you just please STFU already! ****ing little woman we get your ****ing point already. You dont like him and want to lick his butthole. Ok now enough

DesertFox24
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
If you want to talk about Mario's play on the field, I'm with you. He was decent, but certainly didn't do anything to justify that huge contract last year.

But as far as not using good judgment, what the hell are you talking about? Other than these pics (which aren't even a big deal IMO), what has he done to show lack of judgment?

Look I would not have paid Mario 100 million that is just a lot of money in one player, but we have sucked for so long we have to overpay to get good players here.

Mario got 10.5 sacks with one wrist and as plain a defense as one can see.

That being said the only player that can justify a contract that large is multi winning super bowl QB, that is it. Mario could have had 20 sacks last year and we made the playoffs, but someone would complain about one or two bad games he had no sacks.

DesertFox24
06-28-2013, 04:54 PM

Hysterical post and probably one of the worst I have ever read, you must be an avid BBMB poster with this kind of thing.

For real Mario is the reason our defense sucked.

Look I completely agree he was not awe inspiring in anyway but he was not making the schemes or playing the other other 10 spots. He was asked to line up as a LE EVERY snap.

worst bill ever is Aaron Maybin and it is not even close, that extravagant diamond watch he wore at the draft was the most valuable thing he every brought Buffalo.

coastal
06-28-2013, 05:05 PM
Will you just please STFU already! ****ing little woman we get your ****ing point already. You dont like him and want to lick his butthole. Ok now enough
:rofl:

http://youtu.be/i8Ya5mSUKYE

coastal
06-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Mario is the reason our defense sucked.He's a big reason the whole team sucks.

DesertFox24
06-28-2013, 05:19 PM
He's a big reason the whole team sucks.

Thanks for that thoughtful opinion, that was a very enlighting post as to why he caused us to miss the playoffs or have a pitful defense for... Oh wait we have sucked on defense since Mularky.

BertSquirtgum
06-28-2013, 05:23 PM

Bob Kraft paid him some cash to try and get some news away from New England.

Mr. Pink
06-28-2013, 05:43 PM

On the field the reason the team sucks is the dopes that have been behind center since Drew Bledsoe.

cookie G
06-28-2013, 05:47 PM

The only way he was trying to link the two, as Dude pointed out, was the image problem the NFL has regarding players, trouble, and firearms. He pointed that out several times.

I think he's quite right, someone in the NFL DID cringe when they saw the pics, whether they were seen before or after the murder occured. It really doesn't help the brand.

As for Mario, well, consdering the guy got a historical contract based more on image than production, he should understand the value of image. The tastless joke he posted on Twitter, or whatever it was, really doesn't create a lot of sympathy for his feelings on the matter.

cookie G
06-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Hysterical post and probably one of the worst I have ever read, you must be an avid BBMB poster with this kind of thing.

For real Mario is the reason our defense sucked.

Look I completely agree he was not awe inspiring in anyway but he was not making the schemes or playing the other other 10 spots. He was asked to line up as a LE EVERY snap.

worst bill ever is Aaron Maybin and it is not even close, that extravagant diamond watch he wore at the draft was the most valuable thing he every brought Buffalo.

I can recall a time when ...if the Bills made a pretty big splash with a FA signing or trade, that they actually made the team better. Bennett, Paup, Spielman, Spikes, Adams, etc. They actually helped make the D one of the better D's in the league and a force to be reckoned with.

Now, we're down to oohing and ahhing over a sack ever other game, done only against weak competition.

It doesn't matter if he gets ass raped by Sebastian Vollmer...its "ooooo...did you see him beat that scrub from Arizona?"

It doesn't matter if he did 0 against any of the better offenses in the league...he got 10.5 sacks...

It doesn't matter if teams run at will...as long as we can say, "he freaking blew right by that rookie!"

We've become the NBA team that dumps gobs of money on the Slam Dunk champ, just so we can say..."yeah, we lost by 30, but did you see that 360 in the 3rd quarter?"

Mr. Pettine...I pray to you...save us.

feldspar
06-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Kyle Williams and Jairus Byrd played on last year's defense too...are THEY bad players?

Say what you want about Mario, but he's a good player. I expect A LOT more out of him this year under Pettine's defense.

coastal
06-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Thanks for that thoughtful opinion, that was a very enlighting post as to why he caused us to miss the playoffs or have a pitful defense for... Oh wait we have sucked on defense since Mularky.
Do you think having the highest paid defensive player in the league acting and behaving like a complete pussy and total bafoon has any deleterious affect on an organization?

mikemac2001
06-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Classic Timmy trying to get people to talk about him and draw attention to his articles....but thats his job to get web hits so who cares about mario or timmy

and has mario had any off field issues

LVGrown
06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
The fact that this is even a story is ridiculous! Those of you judging this guy by anything other then his on the field play need to get a life. Get off the computer and find a hobby. His failed engagement and love for legal firearms should not be a topic of discussion on a football board.

BertSquirtgum
06-28-2013, 08:03 PM

You must suck a lot of the mod's ***** to not be banned yet you worthless **** sucking troll.

X-Era
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
My guess is that ever since Tim left these parts and joined ESPN covering the AFC East he began to become brainwashed like most of the mainstream media into thinking the Pats can walk on water. And now that Hernandez was mocked by Mario he went back on his own personal vendetta and went digging for anything against Mario to get even. That would make sense considering his spirited defense of his stance and endless responses to everyone questioning him.

The better question is why isn't he putting his effort toward bashing the Patriots who drafted a guy with known character issues and a checkered past who is now potentially guilty of a triple homocide...

Oh yeah, now I remember... Because it's the Endlessly Slurping the Patriots News channel.

Goobylal
06-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Do you think having the highest paid defensive player in the league acting and behaving like a complete pussy and total bafoon has any deleterious affect on an organization?
None whatsoever. Not that he's "behaving like a complete pussy." Not sure where you pulled that from?

feldspar
06-28-2013, 10:19 PM
The fact that this is even a story is ridiculous! Those of you judging this guy by anything other then his on the field play need to get a life. Get off the computer and find a hobby. His failed engagement and love for legal firearms should not be a topic of discussion on a football board.

Absolutely.

America is going downhill IMO, with everybody minding everybody else's business. And these ridiculous politically correct nightmares are everywhere. WTF kind of society are people trying to create here?

ublinkwescore
06-28-2013, 10:54 PM
He brings it all on himself, if he were a smarter man he would keep his mouth shut, keep the controversial pictures under wraps and focus on football.

What is controversial about the pics? As far as I can tell, libs are just simply offended by people simply exercising rights that they themselves disagree with. Well, you know what? You can take your P.C. bull$#!t & shove it up your ass.

ublinkwescore
06-28-2013, 11:03 PM
I don't know why you have the hatred for Mario but IMO McGoofy is the worst Bill ever & there is NOBODY that is a close 2nd to him.

Aaron Maybin? Erik Flowers? RJ?

ublinkwescore
06-28-2013, 11:13 PM
I have not read every post on here so please forgive if this diatribe on good ole Tim Graham and Sully has repeats in it. I would like to point out that I do appreciate their brutal honesty of the team and that they do not wear rose colored glasses.

Those that do not know me I will put it as simply as I can I am neither democrate or republican I am a constitionalist, meaning I firmly agree with and will fight for the protection of our constitution. I am vehementally opposed to any altering or changing of the second amendment and could waste everyones time with a history lesson of why every citizen having the right to bear arms is what makes america america but I will not. I also could waste time pointing out that taking guns away from citizens who legally own guns and use them properly is the surest way for armed criminal activity to skyrocket in our nation.

I have done research into owning automatic rifles and silencers and for one reason I decided not to pursue them, that reason is that I did not want to waive my right to unwarranted searches performed by the AT. Yes that is correct one can own a fully auto weapon and silencer but you waive your right to protection from unwarranted searches.

History lesson this was a big a deal back in the day!

That being said the fact that Mario is taking pictures of fully auto weapons and a silencer would hopefully indicate that he has legally purchased the weapons and registered them with the local police department and waived his rights to unwarranted searches of ALL his property. In addition you have to go through a training course (I am not sure of the duration as I stopped researching when I saw I could be searched anytime, whether you are home or not). As a result I have no problem with Mario owning nor taking pictures of him with these guns. The pistols are holstered correctly and the M16 is being handled correctly.

Tim and Sully argue the NFL does not want the image of guns with its players. I disagree, the NFL does not want pictures of NFL players holding guns in an improper fashion or guns that are not registered with the proper authorities. I stated these facts to Tim Graham and of course was not retweeted as all he retweets is unintelligent jabs at him or people who concure with his opinion. He will never retweet a desenting opinion that is well thought out and has validaty. I can not say anything about Sully's twitter use as I am barely on twitter to begin with and he is less than me so I never see his post or retweets, last tweet I saw from him was some album he liked.

There it is folks... actually facts! Unbiased true facts.

ummm wouldn't any kind of gun registration technically violate one's 4th amendment rights?

ZAZusmc03
06-29-2013, 02:13 AM
In the pictures I've seen, he has a decent knowledge of weapons handling. On the other hand, A.H. clearly has not. The popular picture being posted of AH with his pistol is a red flag to anyone, with any kind of training, that he is severely lacking in weapons handling knowledge. And for those that aren't aware, your finger should be straight and off the trigger until you're ready to fire...looks like AH was ready to put a round through his ceiling.

kishoph
06-29-2013, 05:00 AM

You cry about Williams getting $100 Million, he produced (there are 10 other guys on defense), he got paid. You want to cry about bad contracts, cry about Fitz getting a $60 Million extension, he was far more the reason of the Bills failure than Williams. I'm starting to think that you just have a 3rd grade girl crush, where you always say the boy you like is 'icky'. Do you think Mario is icky ?

coastal
06-29-2013, 06:45 AM
You cry about Williams getting $100 Million, he produced (there are 10 other guys on defense), he got paid. You want to cry about bad contracts, cry about Fitz getting a $60 Million extension, he was far more the reason of the Bills failure than Williams. I'm starting to think that you just have a 3rd grade girl crush, where you always say the boy you like is 'icky'. Do you think Mario is icky ?
I was against the Fitz extension too.

another symptom of the same stupidity.

but in case you failed math and feel icky about admitting it...

100 > 60

coastal
06-29-2013, 06:48 AM
None whatsoever. Not that he's "behaving like a complete pussy." Not sure where you pulled that from?
What do you do for a living?

better days
06-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Aaron Maybin? Erik Flowers? RJ?

All those guys were terrible, but not a close 2nd to Willis as far as worst Bill ever IMO.

pmoon6
06-29-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't know why you have the hatred for Mario but IMO McGoofy is the worst Bill ever & there is NOBODY that is a close 2nd to him.Walt Patulski and Al Cowlings are tied for worst Bills' ever.

better days
06-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Walt Patulski and Al Cowlings are tied for worst Bills' ever.

No they aren't. McGahee was INJURED when the Bills OVERDRAFTED him & could not even play. There have been 4th rnd draft picks at RB that have been much better over the years.

But what makes him the worst Bill is after taking all that money & doing nothing, he bad mouths the Bills & City of Buffalo.

pmoon6
06-29-2013, 08:17 AM
No they aren't. McGahee was INJURED when the Bills OVERDRAFTED him & could not even play. There have been 4th rnd draft picks at RB that have been much better over the years.

But what makes him the worst Bill is after taking all that money & doing nothing, he bad mouths the Bills & City of Buffalo.MaGahee has not been a bad player in the league or when he played for the Bills' for that matter. I hate his guts for dumping on Buffalo and basically forcing a trade after we took a chance on him and rehabbed him.

Patulski was taken number 1 overall and never produced. Cowlings at No.5 because Simpson said he wouldn't play if we didn't draft his buddy. He never produced either.

Goobylal
06-29-2013, 09:11 AM
What do you do for a living?
What difference does that make? I can assure you I don't play a game for a living.

But please explain how he's "behaving like a complete pussy" by demanding his engagement (which it no longer is since they're no longer engaged) ring back from his ex, talking about how the defense will "kill" opposing players, and making fun of a moron like AH? Much less how much of a negative effect it's having on the Bills? Perhaps you should direct your anger to the media, who has blown everything out of proportion, as is their wont?

better days
06-29-2013, 09:15 AM
MaGahee has not been a bad player in the league or when he played for the Bills' for that matter. I hate his guts for dumping on Buffalo and basically forcing a trade after we took a chance on him and rehabbed him.

Patulski was taken number 1 overall and never produced. Cowlings at No.5 because Simpson said he wouldn't play if we didn't draft his buddy. He never produced either.

BOTH Patulski & Cowling PLAYED............for a NUMBER of years. McGoofy did NOT even play his rookie year.

Patulski & Cowlings were both overdrafted, but so was McGoofy. McGoofy is the only one to bad mouth the Bills & Buffalo that is why he is the WORST BILL EVER.

Not worst football player, WORST BILL.

coastal
06-29-2013, 10:02 AM
What difference does that make? I can assure you I don't play a game for a living.im being serious. I'm not trying to embarass you or anthong like that.

and the fact that NFL teams are just "playing a game" is immaterial to my point.

Goobylal
06-29-2013, 10:13 AM
im being serious. I'm not trying to embarass you or anthong like that.

and the fact that NFL teams are just "playing a game" is immaterial to my point.
Not really. They are overgrown children playing a game, but getting paid tons of money to do it. That's it. They aren't role models.

So how is he being a "pussy" and negatively affecting the team?

coastal
06-29-2013, 10:18 AM
Don't engage my question then.

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Get off Marios **** already. Its not his fault he got that much money which Buffalo has to pay seeing noone wants to play there. He had a decent season and was much better after the wrist surgery so GET OVER IT

coastal
06-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Get off Marios **** already. Its not his fault he got that much money which Buffalo has to pay seeing noone wants to play there. He had a decent season and was much better after the wrist surgery so GET OVER IT
What r u going to do if I don't?

swiper
06-29-2013, 10:54 AM
Walt Patulski and Al Cowlings are tied for worst Bills' ever.

Sorry. Mike Williams is the worse. And I *****ed about Patulski every Sunday.

swiper
06-29-2013, 10:55 AM
All those guys were terrible, but not a close 2nd to Willis as far as worst Bill ever IMO.

FYI your opinion is wrong. Mike Williams < Walt Patulski < the rest

better days
06-29-2013, 11:07 AM
FYI your opinion is wrong. Mike Williams < Walt Patulski < the rest

The SUBJECT WAS WORST BILL NOT WORST FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Learn how to READ.

FYI, My opinion is MY OPINION. & I believe it is an opinion MOST people would agree with.

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 11:53 AM

You are such a tool

coastal
06-29-2013, 12:03 PM
You are such a tool
Yet u seek me out time and time again...

SquishDaFish
06-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Not hard to find the one guy with so much love for 1 player where you dream about him and are angry that he doesnt give you the time of day. Only reason I can see your pure hatred towards him its Pathetic

cookie G
06-29-2013, 12:31 PM

Well, he could always do a LEAVE MARIO ALONE!!! youtube video..but then, that was overdone years ago.

But really, tell me you couldn't put these words to that melody:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ONcsXbRqV8U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swiper
06-29-2013, 12:49 PM
The SUBJECT WAS WORST BILL NOT WORST FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Learn how to READ.

FYI, My opinion is MY OPINION. & I believe it is an opinion MOST people would agree with.

You didn't even get that right. LOL. See pmoon post above.

Goobylal
06-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Your question has no relevance to the discussion since I don't work in the same field as Mario. And I'm still waiting to hear a response to my question from my original reply to you, i.e. "what makes you think he's 'behaving like a complete pussy' and what affect do you think it's doing to the organization?"

pmoon6
06-29-2013, 09:21 PM
BOTH Patulski & Cowling PLAYED............for a NUMBER of years. McGoofy did NOT even play his rookie year.

Patulski & Cowlings were both overdrafted, but so was McGoofy. McGoofy is the only one to bad mouth the Bills & Buffalo that is why he is the WORST BILL EVER.

Not worst football player, WORST BILL.Patulski played 5 years, Cowlings 3. I guess put together that's a number of years. It seems you're grasping at straws. Giving the title of worst Bills' player ever has to be based on the field, Walt and Al did not, MaGahee has been OK.

WORST BILL EVER is O.J. Simpson if you are going to use off the field ****, you ****ing idiot.

pmoon6
06-29-2013, 09:29 PM
I still marvel at Coastie jumping Mario's **** in almost every thread concerned. It seems he has an serious obsession. He has played one year with us and had 10.5 sacks.

I guess the quest to be an internet superstar evaluator of talent trumps the Bills' fan thingie.

I would have loved to have seen if Buffalo let Mario go to talk to Tennessee and he signed with them what would have been spewed by ***** Bills' fans?

"We don't sign any free agents" Boo hoo hoo. "Oh we signed one for too much money". Wha, Wha Wha.

Makes me ashamed to call Buffalo my hometown.

Goobylal
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Your question has no relevance to the discussion since I don't work in the same field as Mario. And I'm still waiting to hear a response to my question from my original reply to you, i.e. "what makes you think he's 'behaving like a complete pussy' and what affect do you think it's doing to the organization?"
That last part should read "...and what effect do you think it's having on the organization."

coastal
06-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Your question has no relevance to the discussion since I don't work in the same field as Mario. how can u say that when u don't even know or understand my point.

coastal
06-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I still marvel at Coastie jumping Mario's **** in almost every thread concerned. It seems he has an serious obsession. He has played one year with us and had 10.5 sacks.

I guess the quest to be an internet superstar evaluator of talent trumps the Bills' fan thingie.

I would have loved to have seen if Buffalo let Mario go to talk to Tennessee and he signed with them what would have been spewed by ***** Bills' fans?

"We don't sign any free agents" Boo hoo hoo. "Oh we signed one for too much money". Wha, Wha Wha.

Makes me ashamed to call Buffalo my hometown.
Loyalty at the exclusion of brains... always been your Achilles heel.

Goobylal
06-29-2013, 11:04 PM
how can u say that when u don't even know or understand my point.
True, I'm not sure what your point is. The engagement ring is only an embarrassment because the ex released some private texts, which had he not been a celebrity, wouldn't have been reported nationwide. As for the "we're going to kill 'em" comment, it's hardly embarrassing and again something a celebrity would be asked about and reported nationwide, by reporters with a lot of time on their hands. Similarly, combing Mario's instagram page and looking for cartoons of soon-to-be felons isn't something reserved for the majority of people. So in short, I wouldn't call any of the stuff he's done "embarrassing" or subversive to the team.

Skooby
06-30-2013, 12:10 AM
True, I'm not sure what your point is. The engagement ring is only an embarrassment because the ex released some private texts, which had he not been a celebrity, wouldn't have been reported nationwide. As for the "we're going to kill 'em" comment, it's hardly embarrassing and again something a celebrity would be asked about and reported nationwide, by reporters with a lot of time on their hands. Similarly, combing Mario's instagram page and looking for cartoons of soon-to-be felons isn't something reserved for the majority of people. So in short, I wouldn't call any of the stuff he's done "embarrassing" or subversive to the team.

Its embarrassing to the league he plays in, would you consider a league player's murder of others a joke or positive? How is any acknowledgements of poor behavior by other player's positive ?

You don't point fingers at a disaster or a huge mess & say wow this is classic. I'm all for the Pats losing and having their best players expelled, just not at the loss of human life. It's not something to joke about, Mario needs to grow up.

TedMock
06-30-2013, 06:43 AM
I actually find Tim Graham's style entertaining most of the time, but I could not disagree with him more. Comparing Williams' images to anything Hernandez is just stupid. People mentioned he is a hunter and gun enthusiast. No crime in either and he is not hurting the NFL either way. Some of these are not hunting rifles, so there is just the enthusiast part that people can get upset over. Still, I know others who collect and shoot, and none of them are psychotics. You should not make your employer look bad and I do not see how these images do that.

Also, I have not seen the fact that Mario was admitted to and graduated from the Texas State Law Enforcement Officers Academy this year mentioned. Nothing is fool-proof, but he had to pass a psychological exam and learn responsible handling of firearms through the process. Mario and his guns do not bother me in the least bit.

Jan Reimers
06-30-2013, 07:39 AM
I see nothing wrong in what Mario did. This criticism is all just Political Correctness run amok. We still live in a (semi)free country, but if some of the nanny staters have their way, we won't have many rights left.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Its embarrassing to the league he plays in, would you consider a league player's murder of others a joke or positive? How is any acknowledgements of poor behavior by other player's positive ?

You don't point fingers at a disaster or a huge mess & say wow this is classic. I'm all for the Pats losing and having their best players expelled, just not at the loss of human life. It's not something to joke about, Mario needs to grow up.
The embarrassment to the league is AH's actions, not MW's cartoon, and it wasn't meant to make light of the death that occurred, just AH's stupidity. The league can and will do nothing about it. And how that negatively affects the team is anyone's guess.

SquishDaFish
06-30-2013, 09:08 AM

Get over it already. What he did is no big deal. ALOT of people have been doing it. Who gives a flying **** really

Skooby
06-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Get over it already. What he did is no big deal. ALOT of people have been doing it. Who gives a flying **** really

Anyone who knows better to throw stones in a glass house.

better days
06-30-2013, 09:28 AM

Looks like you are in the minority on this issue Mitch..................at least on this board.

Maybe if you go on a Pats* board, you will find more people to agree with you.

SquishDaFish
06-30-2013, 10:12 AM

Skooby you are an idiot

pmoon6
06-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Loyalty at the exclusion of brains... always been your Achilles heel.I didn't go to a Catholic high school. How could I even compete?

Bottom line, you have ONE year on the field regarding Mario. Still you rag on the move every time his name comes up. What could possibly be driving the obsession?

Ego? Lack of self esteem? Too much room in the tighty whities? What?

I do like the warrior part though, but I would rather be Odyseus

Skooby
06-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I didn't go to a Catholic high school. How could I even compete?

Bottom line, you have ONE year on the field regarding Mario. Still you rag on the move every time his name comes up. What could possibly be driving the obsession?

Ego? Lack of self esteem? Too much room in the tighty whities? What?

How about we focus on the problem at hand, we're spending a fortune in resources on a man-child that doesn't want to work hard all the time.

pmoon6
06-30-2013, 10:50 AM
How about we focus on the problem at hand, we're spending a fortune in resources on a man-child that doesn't want to work hard all the time.
Interesting comment. How do you know he doesn't work hard?

Man- child?

Like I said, I'm ashamed to call the Bills' my team and Buffalo my hometown. Not because we have been losing, but because the fanbase is a bunch of ****ing crybabies.

SquishDaFish
06-30-2013, 11:09 AM

Man- child?

Like I said, I'm ashamed to call the Bills' my team and Buffalo my hometown. Not because we have been losing, but because the fanbase is a bunch of ****ing crybabies.

Not the whole fanbase just a couple of complete assclowns who have something against Mario so they A. Make **** up (like not work hard = coming from armchair wannabe coaches) B. The amount he makes (Like its his fault Buffalo shelled that all out=Like they would turn down a big raise at work if they dont think they are worth it LMAO)

Complete idiots that make Buffalo fans look bad while living in mommys basement spanking it to Marios picture.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, where'd that come from? Because he spend 10 minutes making a picture during down time?

cookie G
06-30-2013, 02:44 PM

Man- child?

Yeah, well, maybe you should be ashamed, I guess.

There was a time when Bills fans didn't coddle overpaid, underperforming "superstars". They certainly didn't make lame excuses for them. What I always admired about Bills fans was the degree of candor they had, that they weren't expected to be homers. They were always good about calling it like it is.

They certainly weren't expected to just shut up and like it. Hell, not even Ralph Wilson expected them to. One of the big reasons he fired Donahue was because he had people take down negative signs around the stadium. That embarassed him as much as losing.

But...now we're supposed to cheer on some guy who's paid more than any Bill in history, who has the physical ability to dominate nearly everyone he goes against and who's effort is...questionable at best. I'm trying to think of a time when Bills' fans rallied around someone like that..I can't.

Now you might want to have a word with those whining crybabies, Darryl Talley and Bruce Smith. Talley's said things a hell of a lot worse than Coastal.

Talley on the Bills' defensive line:

"I thought they would be carried by their front, and they have not been. They paid a whole lot of money for two guys to rush the passer. The guys on the inside, they're holding their own. They're doing everything they can do.

"I asked Bruce [Smith] early in the season. I've said, 'Dude, what do you think me and you would be doing right about now if we were in this boat?' He said, 'We'd be fighting.' "

Asked to elaborate, Talley explained he was unsatisfied with how Mario Williams handled his wrist injury:

"I don't think he's lived up to the hype. Don't tell me about being hurt and playing. I hope his wrist doesn't hurt like mine when he's done. But I just don't get it, man. At the end of the day, you're graded on what you do. If you're good enough to put a uniform on and step on the field, then you're fit to play. So you need to play at your level, whatever that may be.

"I had three surgeries in one offseason and one six days before the season started and still made the Pro Bowl. I played every year through injuries and had surgeries after the offseason.

"There ain't no such thing as being injured. You can be hurt; we all hurt. But you're not injured. We all got to play through it, and your performance can't slack off. I really don't think they hold each other accountable because, at the end of the day, they all go home to their nice, cushy house. What about what you're supposed to be doing on Sunday and Thursday and Monday? What do you think about, and it is just a passing thought?"

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/nfl-sunday-outtakes-darryl-talley-gives-his-take-on-2012-bills.html

I have a feeling if Talley was on the same team as Mario, they'd have come to blows by now.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Yeah, well, maybe you should be ashamed, I guess.

There was a time when Bills fans didn't coddle overpaid, underperforming "superstars". They certainly didn't make lame excuses for them. What I always admired about Bills fans was the degree of candor they had, that they weren't expected to be homers. They were always good about calling it like it is.

They certainly weren't expected to just shut up and like it. Hell, not even Ralph Wilson expected them to. One of the big reasons he fired Donahue was because he had people take down negative signs around the stadium. That embarassed him as much as losing.

But...now we're supposed to cheer on some guy who's paid more than any Bill in history, who has the physical ability to dominate nearly everyone he goes against and who's effort is...questionable at best. I'm trying to think of a time when Bills' fans rallied around someone like that..I can't.

Now you might want to have a word with those whining crybabies, Darryl Talley and Bruce Smith. Talley's said things a hell of a lot worse than Coastal.

Talley on the Bills' defensive line:

"I thought they would be carried by their front, and they have not been. They paid a whole lot of money for two guys to rush the passer. The guys on the inside, they're holding their own. They're doing everything they can do.

"I asked Bruce [Smith] early in the season. I've said, 'Dude, what do you think me and you would be doing right about now if we were in this boat?' He said, 'We'd be fighting.' "

Asked to elaborate, Talley explained he was unsatisfied with how Mario Williams handled his wrist injury:

"I don't think he's lived up to the hype. Don't tell me about being hurt and playing. I hope his wrist doesn't hurt like mine when he's done. But I just don't get it, man. At the end of the day, you're graded on what you do. If you're good enough to put a uniform on and step on the field, then you're fit to play. So you need to play at your level, whatever that may be.

"I had three surgeries in one offseason and one six days before the season started and still made the Pro Bowl. I played every year through injuries and had surgeries after the offseason.

"There ain't no such thing as being injured. You can be hurt; we all hurt. But you're not injured. We all got to play through it, and your performance can't slack off. I really don't think they hold each other accountable because, at the end of the day, they all go home to their nice, cushy house. What about what you're supposed to be doing on Sunday and Thursday and Monday? What do you think about, and it is just a passing thought?"

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/nfl-sunday-outtakes-darryl-talley-gives-his-take-on-2012-bills.html

I have a feeling if Talley was on the same team as Mario, they'd have come to blows by now.
You mean like Talley did in a nightclub the week of the first Cowboys SB? Blaming it initially on a steam pipe and headboard? The fact is, those guys were lucky to be playing in the days before the internet. Because what they did was FAR worse since it never got press and was hushed-up. Actually, I wish the internet had existed back then because maybe they wouldn't have been partying until the early hours of the morning on SB sunday and might have won at least one of them.

cookie G
06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
You mean like Talley did in a nightclub the week of the first Cowboys SB? Blaming it initially on a steam pipe and headboard? The fact is, those guys were lucky to be playing in the days before the internet. Because what they did was FAR worse since it never got press and was hushed-up. Actually, I wish the internet had existed back then because maybe they wouldn't have been partying until the early hours of the morning on SB sunday and might have won at least one of them.

They produced.

And went to the playoffs.

And to the Super Bowl.

When "Super" Mario does these things, you can try making comparisons.

But you know what is a good comparison?

A guy that Moonie considers the worst Bill of all time.

Not the worst in the early 70's,
not the worst of a decade,
not the worst of an era,
But the worst Bill of all time.

Walt Patulski was considered a premier pass rusher coming out of college, 6'6" 260 lbs, strong and fast..."(T)he best we've seen for many years." All but unstoppable on the pass rush, he dazzled the experts with his "amazing agility and lateral mobility."[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Patulski#cite_note-7

What did he do when he came to Buffalo? He was hoped to be a guy that could transform a defense. He didn't.

But....he did lead the Bills in sacks most of the years he was here. He had 5 his rookie year, 7 one year and averaged about 5.5 in his years in Buffalo, at a time when teams passed little more than half of what they do today. His 5.5 sacks/year would translate to...oh, around 9 or 10 per season today. Pretty close to the athletic freak's career average.

The Bills defense didn't really "transform" under Patulski, and it certainly didn't transform this last year.

Lou Saban said about Patulski..."Just went through the motions,"

~Darryl Talley

"In tough situations, he would take the easy way out," Saban said. "To be aggressive, it just wasn't him."

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-04-24/sports/sp-26723_1_walt-patulski

I've asked before..anyone have footage of Mario beating a Pro Bowler for a sack? I'm sure its happened in 98 career games. I'd like to see footage of a few though. Hell, Patulski schooled Dan Dierdorf for 2 sacks in one game, Mario must have beaten someone, at some time.

Or, is it what we saw last year? When the going got tough, he took the easy way out?

So you have a tall, athletic, DE who was considered "unstoppable" as a pass rusher and was drafted no. 1. He added some pass rush, was probably his team's best pass rusher, but never really made his defense better.

He's considered the worst Bill of all time....

And on the other hand you have a tall, athletic, DE who was considered "unstoppable" as a pass rusher and was drafted no. 1. He added some pass rush, was probably his team's best pass rusher, but never really made his defense better.

But you aren't allowed to say anything bad about him.

The parallels are striking.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 06:41 PM
They produced.

And went to the playoffs.

And to the Super Bowl.

When "Super" Mario does these things, you can try making comparisons.
When Mario has the talent of those 90's teams around him, there can BE a comparison.

cookie G
06-30-2013, 08:19 PM
When Mario has the talent of those 90's teams around him, there can BE a comparison.

Well, so much for HIM making the defense better.

Maybe you can do like Houston did and get better without him.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, so much for HIM making the defense better.

Maybe you can do like Houston did and get better without him.
They were 26th last year. In Mario's last full year they were 3rd. Go figure!

cookie G
06-30-2013, 10:00 PM
They were 26th last year. In Mario's last full year they were 3rd. Go figure!

They were 7th last year in yards allowed, 9th in points allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2012.htm

The year before, where he was out for more than 2/3 of the season, they were 2nd in yards allowed, 4th in points allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2011

In his last full year, they were 30th in yards allowed, 29th in points allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2010

In 5 years with the Texans, not including 2011, they cracked the top 20 once, when they finished 13th in yards allowed and 17th in points allowed.

I know, I know, it wasn't his fault.

Goobylal
06-30-2013, 10:20 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netYardsPerGame/position/defense

The year before, where he was out for more than 2/3 of the season, they were 2nd in yards allowed, 4th in points allowed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2011

In 5 years with the Texans, not including 2011, they cracked the top 20 once, when they finished 13th in yards allowed and 17th in points allowed.

My stats were off because NFL.com didn't sort them properly.

But you're right. It was all Mario's fault. One player on a defense makes all the difference. Can't argue with logic like that.

SquishDaFish
07-01-2013, 04:51 AM

Yea that all one players fault LOL

coastal
07-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Lolz.

pitiful.

Buckets
07-01-2013, 08:28 AM

WHAT???

The King
07-01-2013, 09:55 AM

I'm not really a pro gun guy. But I agree with this statement 100%. Also when the Bills were courting Mario didnt he go hunting with Jim Kelly? This is kind of his MO.

Historian
07-01-2013, 10:26 AM
None of this nonsense would even be an issue if the team won a few games once and a while, and if Mario played at a higher level.

I'd have to say that his Buffalo career has basically been a disappointment....so far.

I think what worries me the most is that he has good help inside.

Perhaps we were spoiled by the likes of Bruce Smith, who was a once-in-a-generation talent.

justasportsfan
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Bruce wouldn't be as good as he was they way Wanny was calling the shots last year. The game has evolved and Wanny, hasn't.

SquishDaFish
07-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Wanny was prob the worst defensive coach we ever had. He had his head up his ass

ublinkwescore
07-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I could have outcoached the pornstache

- - - Updated - - -

I could have outcoached the pornstache

Novacane
07-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Looks like you are in the minority on this issue Mitch..................at least on this board.

Maybe if you go on a Pats* board, you will find more people to agree with you.

He's in the minority on every issue. Usually a minority of one! He's an idiot!

DesertFox24
07-02-2013, 12:25 AM
I can recall a time when ...if the Bills made a pretty big splash with a FA signing or trade, that they actually made the team better. Bennett, Paup, Spielman, Spikes, Adams, etc. They actually helped make the D one of the better D's in the league and a force to be reckoned with.

Now, we're down to oohing and ahhing over a sack ever other game, done only against weak competition.

It doesn't matter if he gets ass raped by Sebastian Vollmer...its "ooooo...did you see him beat that scrub from Arizona?"

It doesn't matter if he did 0 against any of the better offenses in the league...he got 10.5 sacks...

It doesn't matter if teams run at will...as long as we can say, "he freaking blew right by that rookie!"

We've become the NBA team that dumps gobs of money on the Slam Dunk champ, just so we can say..."yeah, we lost by 30, but did you see that 360 in the 3rd quarter?"

Mr. Pettine...I pray to you...save us.

Talent or scheme can only take a team so far or mask things for so long.

To have a top 10 or top 5 unit you need to have good talent at all 11 spots and minimum 3 elite players one at each level.

Historian
07-02-2013, 05:39 AM
Bruce wouldn't be as good as he was they way Wanny was calling the shots last year. The game has evolved and Wanny, hasn't.

Disagree.

Smith had 12 sacks as a rookie with Hank Bullough as his coach.

The coaching was bad, I agree, but Mario just didn't live up to the hype. (or the dollar figure they threw at him)

kishoph
07-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Disagree.

The coaching was bad, I agree, but Mario just didn't live up to the hype. (or the dollar figure they threw at him)

Bruce Smith had 6 sacks his rookie year, he had 15 his sophomore year, but I believe the majority came after Bullough was fired and replaced by Marv Levy.

gebobs
07-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Bruce Smith had 6 sacks his rookie year, he had 15 his sophomore year, but I believe the majority came after Bullough was fired and replaced by Marv Levy.
Levy came in for Game 10 in '86. Up to that point, Bruce had 11 sacks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitBr00/gamelog/1986/

I don't mean to nitpick, I just love FootballReference.com

Otherwise, you are right. He had 6.5 and 15 his first two years. IIRC, he was a bit of a pudge when he started. Came in the following year looking like Superman.

cookie G
07-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Talent or scheme can only take a team so far or mask things for so long.

To have a top 10 or top 5 unit you need to have good talent at all 11 spots and minimum 3 elite players one at each level.

Yep. Talent can only take someone so far. Probably why JJ Watt is becoming twice the player that Mario Patulski is.

kishoph
07-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Levy came in for Game 10 in '86. Up to that point, Bruce had 11 sacks.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitBr00/gamelog/1986/

I don't mean to nitpick, I just love FootballReference.com

Otherwise, you are right. He had 6.5 and 15 his first two years. IIRC, he was a bit of a pudge when he started. Came in the following year looking like Superman.

Thanks, I wasn't exactly sure. What I found interesting looking at those stats is that he didn't really have a game were he had 3-4 sacks, nor did he go a game where he went without a sack. A lot of times, you'll see guys rack up sacks against a weaker team and have a couple games without getting to the QB, Bruce was consistent that year.
As far as being a "pudge" he might have been close to 300 lbs, I remember that Kay Stevenson and Hank Bullough didn't want to start him his first year.
Still I think Williams suffered a lot under Wannstedt, as did the whole defense and hopefully we can see Williams get 15+ sacks this season, I think with the defense that Pettine is bringing, that will be very possible.

gebobs
07-02-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks, I wasn't exactly sure. What I found interesting looking at those stats is that he didn't really have a game were he had 3-4 sacks, nor did he go a game where he went without a sack. A lot of times, you'll see guys rack up sacks against a weaker team and have a couple games without getting to the QB, Bruce was consistent that year.
I noticed that too.

Still I think Williams suffered a lot under Wannstedt, as did the whole defense and hopefully we can see Williams get 15+ sacks this season, I think with the defense that Pettine is bringing, that will be very possible.
I hope so too. I was one of his staunchest defenders before last season. Then in preseason, he was absolutely invisible. I started to have my doubts but was told by some here that preseason doesn't matter. Then he pussed out with the wrist injury.

He had a decent year for a working schmoe, but he definitely did not earn his pay. This is his year to prove us right or wrong. No more excuses. He needs to play a full 16.

DesertFox24
07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Yep. Talent can only take someone so far. Probably why JJ Watt is becoming twice the player that Mario Patulski is.

Hysterical, why are you comparing Mario to JJ Watt?

All I said is scheme can make a bad player look average, average good, good great.

Mario is a very good player, JJ is potentially a great player. I believe both can be difference makers in the correct defense, but I believe JJ can be a difference maker in all defense a potential HOF.

Mario has only had two seasons close to as good as JJ's last year and last year was not even close.

For the first time since Greg Williams we have a legit D coach in here so lets see what our guys do with a legit coach. Wade might not be a head coach but he is one heck of a def coach, and coaches make a difference at this level.

Goobylal
07-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Mario had 5 sacks in 5 games under Wade Phillips' newly-installed 3-4 in 2011. Scheme makes a difference.

SquishDaFish
07-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Disagree.

Not his fault they threw all that cash his way. Expect him to turn it down?

better days
07-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Hysterical, why are you comparing Mario to JJ Watt?

All I said is scheme can make a bad player look average, average good, good great.

Mario is a very good player, JJ is potentially a great player. I believe both can be difference makers in the correct defense, but I believe JJ can be a difference maker in all defense a potential HOF.

Mario has only had two seasons close to as good as JJ's last year and last year was not even close.

For the first time since Greg Williams we have a legit D coach in here so lets see what our guys do with a legit coach. Wade might not be a head coach but he is one heck of a def coach, and coaches make a difference at this level.

And JJ Watt is playing in a system similar to the defense Pettine is installing. Unlike Mario last year, the Texans moved JJ around all over the field as Pettine will do with Mario this year.

Let's hope for similar results.

Historian
07-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Mario Patulski

:roflmao:

pmoon6
07-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Loyalty at the exclusion of brains... always been your Achilles heel.Maybe so, but who would you rather have with you in a dark alley?

Goobylal
07-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Looks like nothing came of this. No surprise.

User Manuel
07-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Im no gun advocate, but the NFL should be thrilled he is onmly showing pictures, not getting arrested like the rest of the clowns.....

Tim Graham needs to do a better job finding real news...