The King
07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Mario Williams is MIA at camp today.

MikeInRoch
07-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Don't care. Yet.

mayotm
07-29-2013, 01:28 PM
This will be a fun thread to watch. It will be full of speculation before anybody has any information.

The King
07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Chris Brown is saying they won't have anything until Marrone speaks. I hope they told him stay home until you can contribute.

ServoBillieves
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I'd rather a healthy Mario going in to the season then some random injury to pop up halfway through the season. mayotm with the nail on the head.

Uncle Jesse
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
He's a veteran of the league...I'm assuming he is just getting out of a chunk of camp with a minor "injury".

Bill Cody
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
pretty sure he's not MIA just not there

OpIv37
07-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Really wish he was there learning the new D, even if he can't/won't physically practice.

Bill Cody
07-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Really wish he was there learning the new D, even if he can't/won't physically practice.

He is they gave him a memo "at the snap, kill the guy that says hut hut"

Skooby
07-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Bruce Smith had hammy issues during every camp, it's just that he didn't mail in the first half of most seasons.

The King
07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
EJ taking first team snaps as well.

jills
07-29-2013, 02:45 PM
Mario Williams is MIA at camp today.

And the excuses start for this year...

T-Long
07-29-2013, 03:02 PM
did he start with the ones like Kolb did last night?

Pinkerton Security
07-29-2013, 03:04 PM
EJ taking first team snaps as well.

Like this. He obviously needs time to learn on the job but I dont wanna see him thrown to the wolves either

Goobylal
07-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Rather heist out some camp days than miss the season with turf toe.

The King
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Like this. He obviously needs time to learn on the job but I dont wanna see him thrown to the wolves either
I think it will be a rotation. As it would be with any legit competition.

The King
07-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Marrone: Mario Williams to be evaluated off-campus by doctors for sore foot reported to team staff yesterday.

tatersalad
07-29-2013, 04:23 PM
he played in similar defense last yr at houston had 5.5 sacks b4 he was hurt, so he knows the d

Night Train
07-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Amputation probable.

gebobs
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh for cryin' out loud. What an overpriced lazy POS. What now? A hangnail? What next? Athlete's foot?

OLDSRIP
07-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Ralph is cheap.

DraftBoy
07-29-2013, 08:21 PM

I really wish you'd stop assuming asinine things. The team sent him to get an evaluation. It's not like he's not in or at camp. It's not like he doesn't have the playbook or access to the film or coach daily.

Fletch
07-29-2013, 09:20 PM
This will be a fun thread to watch. It will be full of speculation before anybody has any information.

Don't you think that it's relevant that he's out w/ a supposed injury, regardless of how minor, particularly since he just said not long ago how he's 100% and all ready for camp this year?

I think most people do and frankly it is.

The information is what's put out and that's that he's seeing a doctor over it. Again, that's relevant and significant.

OpIv37
07-30-2013, 07:15 AM
I really wish you'd stop assuming asinine things. The team sent him to get an evaluation. It's not like he's not in or at camp. It's not like he doesn't have the playbook or access to the film or coach daily.

I really wish you'd stop making excuses for guys not practicing. The CBA only gives limited practice opportunities and missed practice is missed practice whether the reasons for missing it are legit or not. This is a D coming off a season that was historically bad, installing a new system. And I've seen it plastered all over this board how they are going to try to move Mario around to disguise pressure. Absolutely nothing good comes from missing practice time, especially in this specific situation.

DraftBoy
07-30-2013, 02:54 PM
I really wish you'd stop making excuses for guys not practicing. The CBA only gives limited practice opportunities and missed practice is missed practice whether the reasons for missing it are legit or not. This is a D coming off a season that was historically bad, installing a new system. And I've seen it plastered all over this board how they are going to try to move Mario around to disguise pressure. Absolutely nothing good comes from missing practice time, especially in this specific situation.

What is the excuse here? Did the Bills send him to the doctor or not? This isn't a complicated scenario.

justasportsfan
07-30-2013, 03:08 PM

While you and I are on the same boat as far as Mario not living up to expectations, the organization has to do due diligence
by making sure their prized possession is fit enough to practice. You don't want to make matters worse if the injury is legit.

gebobs
07-30-2013, 10:01 PM
What he can't even be around camp and maybe learn something? He has to go to an out of town medic? Set him up on a gurney in the film room and bring the medic to him. :-)

OpIv37
07-31-2013, 12:42 AM
What is the excuse here? Did the Bills send him to the doctor or not? This isn't a complicated scenario.

Not sure what you think is complicated. Dude is a key part of the D and is missing some of the practice time, which is limited by the CBA.. Legit or not, it's a bad situation.