X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

NFL.com Power Rankings

Buffalo stuck at 29 despite beating the Colts (who retain their #12 ranking). Go figure. This power ranking was done by Elliot Harrison, analyst for NFL.com and the NFL network. At least he mentioned Manuel's 9 for 9 performance in the two minute drill as a positive. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ks-below-49ers
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: NFL.com Power Rankings

Right where we should be

Comment

• wozrob11
      • Mar 2007

I know its 1 game into preseason which means nothing and we played great against the colts but lets get real if Luck stayed in that game he would of torched our secondary which is average at best !! so like SeatwonBillsFan21 said we are right where we should be for preseason power rankings and the 2 minute drill was against Indys third string D so lets not get ahead of our selves just yet
      Last edited by wozrob11; 08-14-2013, 06:57 AM.
      IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST :op:

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
        Buffalo stuck at 29 despite beating the Colts (who retain their #12 ranking). Go figure. This power ranking was done by Elliot Harrison, analyst for NFL.com and the NFL network. At least he mentioned Manuel's 9 for 9 performance in the two minute drill as a positive. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ks-below-49ers
        Yeah, despite beating the Colts.

LOL

I guess that someone at NFL.com realized that beating up on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th soon to be cuttees isn't all that impressive.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Yeah...it's easy to get excited about the team and wish it would translate to national recognition of progress, but a preseason game isn't going to do that.

But enough sober reality. How about some irrational exuberance?

The offense is much better than last year. I like the high tempo style. Gailey tried it and failed utterly. Marrone and Hackett look like they have taught EJ and Tuel well and the kids seemingly have lapped it up. Running backs, as they have been for a while, the strongest element of the offense. A good 1-2-3 punch with Choice able to spell the top two. What can you say about the wideouts? In the past, it was Stevie and a bunch of nobodies. Now we have a wealth of young talent, the luxury to see which of them pans out, and the outside possibility of getting something for one of them as injuries arise around the league. Tight end, as usual, is not a focus but maybe one of them will overtake Chandler (not a fan). The line hopefully will continue their progress.

On defense, hope springs eternal for the stud line. I was really impressed with Kiko and pleasantly surprised by the play of Lawson. If the Bills can get Byrd back, I think the backfield will be pretty good and will hopefully benefit from a good press from the front four.

The return game is explosive. Cover teams were amazing at times. Kicking is a question mark. Powell needs to step it up.

Lots to be optimistic about.
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• bdutton
            • Jul 2013

Its preseason. The wins and losses mean very little when 75% of the games are played with the backups and undrafted rookie free agents trying to make the team.

I posted earlier that they were 31st on a cbs sports poll.

So 29 is an improvement over that!

Comment

Working...
            X