Hilarious breakdown of Bills QB Situation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Hilarious breakdown of Bills QB Situation.

The Buffalo Bills quarterbacks played so-so, and the battle for the starting job didn't gain any more clarity in the outing. Kevin Kolb made the start and completed 13 of 21 passes for 111 yards and no touchdowns, with one interception. E.J. Manuel took over and completed 10 of 12 passes for 92 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• ICRockets
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2008

Re: Hilarious breakdown of Bills QB Situation.

What part of 10/12 for 92 yards and a TD is so-so? Did Kevin's mom write that?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ICRockets View Post
      yeah, I think people are thinking ej is a 10 year vet. for his 1st two starts, hes been above average and poised, smart, and fast in the no huddle. I mean, I know it's preseason but wtf

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

That ~ 122 QB rating is sub-par being it's your first few NFL games ever, lol.

Comment

• Jeff1220
          H to the 12:20
          • Jul 2002

That's so obviously written by someone paying attention to the completions/attempts/yards and nothing else. This writer doesn't watch games or read reports by those who have.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
            That's so obviously written by someone paying attention to the completions/attempts/yards and nothing else. This writer doesn't watch games or read reports by those who have.
            I wouldn't even say that. Kolb had a lower completion percentage, lower YPC, more INT's and fewer TD's. he only had 19 more yards on 11 more attempts and 3 more completions than EJ.

The numbers weren't even close to even. EJ's numbers were game manager type numbers- not spectacular but good enough to win. And he's only in his second game. Kolb's numbers are the kind of numbers that made us get rid of Fitz, and he's a vet with starting experience.

There is simply no logic in the writer's conclusion no matter how much he relies on numbers rather than watching.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

That actually is hilarious... What a mook.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

OBVIOUSLY
                The writer was asked to write a quick piece about a game and a situation which he doesn't know much about. He probably didn't watch the game and instead looked at a few stats and others perspectives.
                In the end, we have the equivalence of a ****ty paper written based on abbreviated cliff notes....
                Please Make Sense

Comment

• bdutton
                  • Jul 2013

The writer is good at one thing. Pushing the buttons that make people want to post links. lol.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

"Manuel and Kolb have both started a preseason game and they've had similar stats thus far." Game one against the Colts: Manuel was 16 of 21 for 107 yards and a TD. He also rushed 3 times for 28 yards. Game 2 versus the Colts Kolb was 13 of 21 for 111 yards and an interception. He rushed once for 7 yards. The stats aren't night and day different, but I'd rather my QB throw a touchdown rather than an interception, and Manuel is clearly more of a threat to run the ball than Kolb will ever be.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

It's those two incompletions, unacceptable for a rookie.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

You can tell the guy never even watched the game. He wrote it by reading the stat sheet.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
                        X