PDA

View Full Version : Hang your head high

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Hang your head high.

3rd youngest team, new rookie QB, new rookie coach OC/DC and no Gilmore and Jairus Bird. And we almost beat the Pats. This team is the real deal.

This was the most important loss of our lifetime (most of us), it will let them know they have the potential but they have to dig more to be great. They showed swagger and they showed that they will not be embarrassed. They fought ****ing hard.

You know what happens with real teams, you know, something we haven't been in 10 years? Sometimes they just lose because the chips don't fall right. That's okay that is a part of sports. For once I didn't feel like we were totally overmatched and not even playing in the same league. This was a team that showed up and played great (albeit some penalties, which happens with a new team obsessed with aggression).

This was an excellent lesson for our young players especially Manuel. He was everything I hoped he would be today, even more.We absolutely have a bright future, finally. Be proud guys. Welcome to the big boys league where sometimes you lose because that's the way **** happens, not because you are embarrassing and awful.

Crisis
09-08-2013, 03:32 PM
There's nothing to hang our hats on. We CHOKED... AGAIN, vs an equally as depleted team.

Our own mistakes were the reason we lost. The Patriots look extremely vulnerable right now and we can't even do simple things like stay on sides on passing situations or run the clock down when we have a lead.

I'm tired of this moral victory bull****. How about we actually win a game for once.

Skooby
We played to win, hard to argue that.

kscdogbillsfan1221
I wish I could believe this but it feels like every year is the same. We almost win the first game, start feeling good about ourselves... Only to get blown out the second game. I won't and can't believe this is any different until I actually see so

coastal
09-08-2013, 03:33 PM
EJ could have won this game.

disnt

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-08-2013, 03:35 PM
There's nothing to hang our hats on. We CHOKED... AGAIN, vs an equally as depleted team.

Our own mistakes were the reason we lost. The Patriots look extremely vulnerable right now and we can't even do simple things like stay on sides on passing situations or run the clock down when we have a lead.

I'm tired of this moral victory bull****. How about we actually win a game for once.

Or how about not have 12 f****** people on the field every other play

Iehoshua
09-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Main positive is it isn't how they start, it's how they finish...

Novacane
09-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Plenty to be pissed about too! We have some good young players but I was totally unimpressed by the coaching staff. That was a winnable game with better coaching. The conservative offensive game plan sucked. Insisting on playing CJ when he was blowing and Freddy was rocking was stupid. Way to many penalties is a coaching thing! Marone made a bad first impression in my book.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2013, 03:37 PM
We played em hard and tight in 09 too...where did that get us?

We had a chance last year to beat em near the end...where did that get us?

Who gives a crap about moral victories. Just like those two games were we could have won, we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3 different coaching regimes, 3 choke jobs. Same old, same old.

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 06:35 PM

Our issues were penalties and those can be fixed. This was a hungry team who was out of their minds and made mistakes. For ****s sake grow a pair of balls and admit that was awesome to see that swagger. Some of you are such poopoo pussies.

Uh so new coach, new everything and you'll try to extrapolate that to some sort of continuity? Sometimes you just lose, that's the way it goes. But this did not feel like a loss where we were over matched, it felt like thats the way it goes. How long since you've felt that way.

God some of you are ****ing idiots.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM
We played em hard and tight in 09 too...where did that get us?

We had a chance last year to beat em near the end...where did that get us?

Who gives a crap about moral victories. Just like those two games were we could have won, we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3 different coaching regimes, 3 choke jobs. Same old, same old.

I guess I just don't understand someone who expects a blowout, predicts a blowout, and then gets MORE upset when it isn't a blowout.

Mace
09-08-2013, 06:58 PM
I guess I just don't understand someone who expects a blowout, predicts a blowout, and then gets MORE upset when it isn't a blowout.

Jerry Sullivan has made a career of it.

ckg927
09-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Jerry Sullivan has made a career of it.

And this joker gets a show on WBBZ with Bucky Gleason?

Well, at least they picked the right moniker for this show: B & S...which either stands for their last names, or what they'll be shoveling for 30 minutes twice a week.

OpIv37
09-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Hang your head high.

3rd youngest team, new rookie QB, new rookie coach OC/DC and no Gilmore and Jairus Bird. And we almost beat the Pats. This team is the real deal.

This was the most important loss of our lifetime (most of us), it will let them know they have the potential but they have to dig more to be great. They showed swagger and they showed that they will not be embarrassed. They fought ****ing hard.

You know what happens with real teams, you know, something we haven't been in 10 years? Sometimes they just lose because the chips don't fall right. That's okay that is a part of sports. For once I didn't feel like we were totally overmatched and not even playing in the same league. This was a team that showed up and played great (albeit some penalties, which happens with a new team obsessed with aggression).

This was an excellent lesson for our young players especially Manuel. He was everything I hoped he would be today, even more.We absolutely have a bright future, finally. Be proud guys. Welcome to the big boys league where sometimes you lose because that's the way **** happens, not because you are embarrassing and awful.

Is this post from today, or 2003, 2005, 2008 or 2011?

They don't give trophies for potential. I'll admit there were a few encouraging signs today, but let's not go overboard. We've been here before and there were also some signs that this was the same old horse **** team.

Patti120
09-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Same old bills?? I hope not & I hope u r right op!

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Is this post from today, or 2003, 2005, 2008 or 2011?

They don't give trophies for potential. I'll admit there were a few encouraging signs today, but let's not go overboard. We've been here before and there were also some signs that this was the same old horse **** team.

Jesus christ are you that cliche bills fan? Every forum has one. God you guys are obnoxious.

Listen, yes they didn't win. But this is what happens in the real life of football. We weren't overmatched we just lost. How the **** stupid are you that you don't see that.

This is what normal football teams do. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but they are competitive. We are not used to that so you are all poopoo vagina about it. But this is the start of respectability. So you can choose to find the negative in everything but that just makes you the obnoxious cliche "the bills are terrible" bills fan so have fun with that.

Crisis
09-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Yes, guys. This time is it. Let's ignore this exact same scenario has happened about ten times since the last time we made the playoffs. This​ loss is finally the one that gets us over the hump!

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes, guys. This time is it. Let's ignore this exact same scenario has happened about ten times since the last time we made the playoffs. This​ loss is finally the one that gets us over the hump!

Oh wait, yeah just like that last time when we actually paid attention to the QB position and drafted one with with our first pick. We finally do the right thing and the guy plays good in his first ****ing game in the NFL and you all ***** like blubbering vaginas.

Some of you are such ****ing morons.

Crisis
09-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Oh wait, yeah just like that last time when we actually paid attention to the QB position and drafted one with with our first pick. We finally do the right thing and the guy plays good in his first ****ing game in the NFL and you all ***** like blubbering vaginas.

Some of you are such ****ing morons.

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/JP%20Losman.jpg

Yeah, I'd actually say it's almost the same scenario... except Losman even won his opener

BuffaloRedleg
09-08-2013, 11:39 PM

Yeah, I'd actually say it's almost the same scenario... except Losman even won his opener

Do some research he wasn't our first pick. Jesus ******* christ I don't even know why I post here.

Crisis
09-09-2013, 12:19 AM
Do some research he wasn't our first pick. Jesus ******* christ I don't even know why I post here.

LMAO. So the 6 spots between where they were taken is enough to make the comparison invalid since we drafted Evans that year, too.

We even traded up for Losman so he cost us a 1st, 2nd, and a 5th. But I guess just now is the first time we've ever been committed to drafting a QB because we took him with our first pick. Great logic!

Using the "this is the first time we've paid attention to QB because we drafted one first" line is the most cherry picked argument ever. I guess we're just going to disregard how many draft picks Losman cost us, or how much money Fitz was handed, or the 1st rounder we spent on Bledsoe, or the 1st and 4th we spent on Rob Johnson. This franchise has paid plenty of attention to QBs, they just don't put their stock into the right ones.

No, this time is different. This organization has clearly done enough to get the benefit of the doubt. I mean, look at all those playoff appearances in the last 13 years.

Crisis
09-09-2013, 12:29 AM
It amazes me how many times we've seen this same story but people magically think this time will be different.

If you want to hold on to some optimism thats fine, but I've had enough "moral victories" for the past 13 years to last me a lifetime. Give me a ****ing result for once.

jills
09-09-2013, 01:48 AM
ROFLMFAO

We couldn't beat the weakest cheatriots team in a decade, and yet we are now on the big boys league hahahahah

Mike
09-09-2013, 03:10 AM
There's a HUGE difference in 'Not Getting Blown Out' and showing signs of having 'IT'.

Today, the Manual & the Bills did a good job of not getting blown out comparatively last years Rookie QBs with the Colts, Seahawks, and Redskins showed signs of having 'IT' despite the losses.

jamze132
09-09-2013, 03:14 AM

Bye

Historian
09-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Wash....rinse....repeat.

IlluminatusUIUC
09-09-2013, 08:31 AM

Over the 2005 Texans? They went 2-14 that year, remember? They had the #1 pick? they drafted some guy out of NC State you've probably never heard of because their D was so awful.

Moreover, neither Mularkey nor Losman were rookies in that game.

jdaltroy5
09-09-2013, 08:59 AM
I don't like pissing on people's optimism, but I also got sick of moral victories about 5 years ago.

We were a couple of plays away from winning, but realistically, we were also a couple of plays away from getting blown out.

better days
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Jesus christ are you that cliche bills fan? Every forum has one. God you guys are obnoxious.

Listen, yes they didn't win. But this is what happens in the real life of football. We weren't overmatched we just lost. How the **** stupid are you that you don't see that.

This is what normal football teams do. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose, but they are competitive. We are not used to that so you are all poopoo vagina about it. But this is the start of respectability. So you can choose to find the negative in everything but that just makes you the obnoxious cliche "the bills are terrible" bills fan so have fun with that.

Even if the Bills had won this game, Op & some others on this board would have *****ED about something.

GingerP
09-09-2013, 09:20 AM
It was the first game. I do agree they were competitive, but ultimately they need to show this kind of effort consistently while cleaning up their mistakes so they can win some games.

Then we can feel good about it.

Historian
09-09-2013, 09:20 AM
Even if the Bills had won this game, Op & some others on this board would have *****ED about something.

Could we please not pull the conditional OP card?

Seriously.

better days
09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I say SCREW all the people that were predicting a blowout by the Pats* & are now *****ing that the Bills lost the game at the last second.

better days
09-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Could we please not pull the conditional OP card?

Seriously.

Well, you are the one, along with some others on this board that are playing that Op card.

OpIv37
09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
I say SCREW all the people that were predicting a blowout by the Pats* & are now *****ing that the Bills lost the game at the last second.

I say SCREW all the people who are satisified with simply not getting blown out. The goal is to WIN- not to simply exceed the expectations of fans on a message board.

BatmanFreek
09-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I've been here for years lurking. (my post count shows I rarely post/reply) OP; no offense is a troll. Always pessimistic about the Bills. When we lose close today he makes a positive post to tug at the hearts of the actual optimistic members who are upset.

Its fun for him.

Aka all year long he's like "Same old Bills! Then ...it really happens (same old Bills) and he tries to spin it as "Hey guys we are improving!"

Just to get a rise

Historian
09-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Well, you are the one, along with some others on this board that are playing that Op card.

What?!?

jdaltroy5
09-09-2013, 10:26 AM
I've been here for years lurking. (my post count shows I rarely post/reply) OP; no offense is a troll. Always pessimistic about the Bills. When we lose close today he makes a positive post to tug at the hearts of the actual optimistic members who are upset.

Its fun for him.

Aka all year long he's like "Same old Bills! Then ...it really happens (same old Bills) and he tries to spin it as "Hey guys we are improving!"

Just to get a rise
For a troll, he seems to be right a lot more than the optimistic guys.

OpIv37
09-09-2013, 10:37 AM

Its fun for him.

Just to get a rise
So, if I'm pessimistic I'm a troll and if I'm optimistic then I'm just trying to get a reaction. Translation: you're gonna complain no matter what I say.

Historian
09-09-2013, 11:03 AM
OP...you're the new WYS!

:couch:

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Hang your head high.

This was an excellent lesson for our young players especially Manuel. He was everything I hoped he would be today, even more.

We absolutely have a bright future, finally. Be proud guys. Welcome to the big boys league where sometimes you lose because that's the way **** happens, not because you are embarrassing and awful.

Swagger is not a word.

BuffaloRedleg
09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't like pissing on people's optimism, but I also got sick of moral victories about 5 years ago.

We were a couple of plays away from winning, but realistically, we were also a couple of plays away from getting blown out.

I know, I get what you are saying. But you have to look at the goal of this season and this game realistically and then use that as your template to analyze the team.

I thought we would get embarrassed and I wanted to be wrong. My goal this season is for EJ to develop and show that he is franchise QB material.

We weren't embarassed at all and almost won and EJ had a fine debut.

Nothing else, wins and losses, matter to me.

Some people are not capable of critical analysis other than omfg we lost. I don't know why attempting some sort of analysis higher than that level makes me a homer, but that's what people default to for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Swagger is not a word.

neither is hurkey

OpIv37
09-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I know, I get what you are saying. But you have to look at the goal of this season and this game realistically and then use that as your template to analyze the team.

I thought we would get embarrassed and I wanted to be wrong. My goal this season is for EJ to develop and show that he is franchise QB material.

Some people are not capable of critical analysis other than omfg we lost. I don't know why attempting some sort of analysis higher than that level makes me a homer, but that's what people default to for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

neither is hurkey

Critical analysis is fine. But your initial post was a lot of cliches like "the real deal" and "chips not falling" and unsupported speciation about a "bright future."

It wasn't critical analysis- it's yet another Bills can who has accepted mediocrity attempting to justify a loss by making the game about something other than winning.

jdaltroy5
09-09-2013, 11:40 AM

No, I get it and I actually wasn't really pissed about yesterday.

I'm just so sick of these moral victories.

We've already won the moral ****ing super bowl by now.

Realistically, I think we're a 5-7 win team. I just wish we could cut out the mental mistakes.

Meathead
09-09-2013, 11:54 AM

true about ej and thats huge

but honestly, i am very embarrassed by that performance. both god and the cheats tried to give that game away. but what very definitely was the bumbling bills just gave it right back. they had no business being in that game at all but thanks to lightning bolts from heaven they were. if it wasnt for three massively lucky plays they would have been staring at a twenty plus deficit almost the whole game

really they only needed a little bit of good football to win and couldnt produce it. at almost every turn when they needed to play good football they couldnt do it, especially in the fourth quarter (the one defensive stop notwithstanding)

this one was a ton worse than it looked score-wise. far far too many mistakes by the players and coaches alike all game. not that i expected anything different, first game when just about everything is new is bound to be ugly. but lets not pretend everybody except ej didnt lay a turd out there

SpikedLemonade
09-09-2013, 12:16 PM

Not me.

The win/loss results are irrelevant to me this season.

Just want to see EJ develop and this coaching staff learn. Establishing a truly above average OL would just be a bonus.

The talent overall on the roster is simply not there. I appreciate you cannot accept that. It is natural to want to blame a replaceable coaching staff rather than a 53 player roster.

sukie
09-09-2013, 12:34 PM
How can one hang one's head high? Wouldn't it be "Hold" your head high? Maybe this is Bills' fanspeak. Head always hangs but slightly higher than when we lose to the Jets?

OpIv37
09-09-2013, 01:07 PM
How can one hang one's head high? Wouldn't it be "Hold" your head high? Maybe this is Bills' fanspeak. Head always hangs but slightly higher than when we lose to the Jets?

I had the same thought, but I wasn't sure if he was trying to be sarcastic with the title.