PDA

View Full Version : Belichek and Neglect

User Manuel
09-11-2013, 07:50 AM
One of the most interesting things to come out of that game, non-Bills related column, is that Belichek allowed Amaendola to return to the game. It seems to be a classic win the battle, lose the war type of move. It was clear, justwatching him walk, that Amaendola had significantly injured his groin. It also seems likely that he was treated and likely shot up and played a stupendous 2nd half, but isn't one of Belichek's jobs to do whats right long and short term for the team? I get it, likely no Amaendola = no win against the Bills, their WR situation is a debacle outside of Edelman, but I am betting that he struggles mightily with this all year and with his history maybe doesnt make it. I don't think that team has any real chance without him long term this season.

Is a week one win really worth that sort of risk? Especially for a guy with arguably the most job security in the league?

OpIv37
09-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Well first, is amendola questionable or out for tomorrow? If not, then there is no problem here.

Second, is this surprising? Belicheck is the kind of douche who will do whatever it takes to win, and if he's winning, he'll do whatever it takes to run up the score. That's why he got caught cheating and that's why Gronk is on the sidelines in sweats instead of on the field in pads.

OLDSRIP
09-11-2013, 08:22 AM
One of the most interesting things to come out of that game, non-Bills related column, is that Belichek allowed Amaendola to return to the game. It seems to be a classic win the battle, lose the war type of move. It was clear, justwatching him walk, that Amaendola had significantly injured his groin. It also seems likely that he was treated and likely shot up and played a stupendous 2nd half, but isn't one of Belichek's jobs to do whats right long and short term for the team? I get it, likely no Amaendola = no win against the Bills, their WR situation is a debacle outside of Edelman, but I am betting that he struggles mightily with this all year and with his history maybe doesnt make it. I don't think that team has any real chance without him long term this season.

Is a week one win really worth that sort of risk? Especially for a guy with arguably the most job security in the league?

That's a good question. It's like the Shanahan/Griffen situation in last years playoffs. As a coach that must be a tough call.
Without knowing what the player and doctors on the sideline are telling the coach it's hard to place blame.
But Billy boy seems likely to be the last guy to care about someone else's health.

GingerP
09-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I think most coaches would throw the guy out there. The pressure to win in the league is enough they would push it as far as they can.

better days
09-11-2013, 08:31 AM
Well first, is amendola questionable or out for tomorrow? If not, then there is no problem here.

Second, is this surprising? Belicheck is the kind of douche who will do whatever it takes to win, and if he's winning, he'll do whatever it takes to run up the score. That's why he got caught cheating and that's why Gronk is on the sidelines in sweats instead of on the field in pads.

The reports are Amendola will not play against the Jets on Thursday.

trapezeus
09-11-2013, 10:29 AM
belichik just hasn't to kind of coach for the first 3-4 weeks of the season. then they have the film and then they miraculously start winning by bigger spreads and win with no bodies at the helm.

of course he's going to scrap to win in weeks 1-4 without regard to player safety.
1. he's a douchebag of epic proportions
2. once they have the film and tendencies, they route people regularly.

we always predict his demise is coming and it never does. and that in itself is a reason to question how "legit" he's been over 10 years. some really great football minds with some really great talent haven't done what he's done. is it because he's a genius or he's doing others don't.

Fletch
09-11-2013, 12:23 PM
The Pats have a great chance of being 8-8 or 9-7 this season. In any other division their chances of winning the division are fair at best., slim to nil in the AFC N, S, and W, and the NFC N, S, and W. In the NFCE he might have a shot at winning the division.

Once again Belichick's greatness is aided by what figures to be the weakest other three teams in any division unless Miami turns into something. Both us and the Jets have numerous terminal weaknesses.

Novacane
09-11-2013, 12:36 PM
belichik just hasn't to kind of coach for the first 3-4 weeks of the season. then they have the film and then they miraculously start winning by bigger spreads and win with no bodies at the helm.

of course he's going to scrap to win in weeks 1-4 without regard to player safety.
1. he's a douchebag of epic proportions
2. once they have the film and tendencies, they route people regularly.

we always predict his demise is coming and it never does. and that in itself is a reason to question how "legit" he's been over 10 years. some really great football minds with some really great talent haven't done what he's done. is it because he's a genius or he's doing others don't.

It's because he lucked into one of the best QB to ever play the game. BB is a good coach. He's not the genius people make him out to be.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2013, 03:20 PM
It's because he lucked into one of the best QB to ever play the game. BB is a good coach. He's not the genius people make him out to be.

People don't give him enough credit.

He is meticulous to the point of absurd. Analyzes everything. Doesn't care about personalities or league cred. If you don't buy into what he's doing or show decline, he'll show you the door. From Kosar in Cleveland to name a Patriot. His system works continuously regardless of who he has running it. Cleveland was an 11-5 team with a dominant defense in 94 with Vinny Testaverde at QB. The Pats were a tough team with Matt Cassel running it.

Does having Brady help? Absolutely.

mayotm
09-11-2013, 04:08 PM

He is meticulous to the point of absurd. Analyzes everything. Doesn't care about personalities or league cred. If you don't buy into what he's doing or show decline, he'll show you the door. From Kosar in Cleveland to name a Patriot. His system works continuously regardless of who he has running it. Cleveland was an 11-5 team with a dominant defense in 94 with Vinny Testaverde at QB. The Pats were a tough team with Matt Cassel running it.

Does having Brady help? Absolutely.He gets more than enough credit.

DynaPaul
09-11-2013, 04:53 PM
You're buying into the legend too much Mr. Pink.

trapezeus
09-11-2013, 05:18 PM

Does having Brady help? Absolutely.
i don't buy it for a second that he's more detailed oriented than other successful coaches to the point that he can not be beat at home. and that it's his way or the high way. there are a lot of difficult personalities at the top of food chains and simply being one doesn't guarantee you success.

if he is reviewing stuff at the same level as his peers (who are all known to be work aholics) and other great/legendary coaches in a time without Free Agency and locked in rosters and less disparity had a hard time at putting the same numbers together, is there really that much room to be that much further ahead of people?

He hasn't installed an offense or defense that has never been seen before. they use absolute nobodies and rarely have a drop off in play.

If he would have just retired at 2006-07, people would be able to say. "hell of run" and we'd have no idea about the tapes. Something isn't right and its easier to buy that he's doing something very wrong than it is to credit him as being an incredible genius.

Beebe's Kid
09-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Belichek is far and away the best coach I have ever witnessed. That goes for any sport.

The legend isn't overrated.

He will take any win at any cost. I bet if it were Brady, things would have been different, but that is about it.

His system is dominant and dynamic. It sucks having to be in the same division as him, especially when we have had coaches that were getting their last shot at an HC position.

trapezeus
09-11-2013, 05:23 PM
yet he was one of the worst coaches in cleveland.

coastal
09-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Note to world.

belicheat is not a genius.

hes a cheater that is riding the coat tails of Tom Brady into the HOF.

Mr. Pink
09-11-2013, 06:58 PM
yet he was one of the worst coaches in cleveland.

No he wasn't.

He was hated in Cleveland because he orchestrated the release of hometown favorite Bernie Kosar.

If Modell didn't move the team, the Patriots dynasty would have never happened, it would have happened in Cleveland.

That and no one would know who Tom Brady even was.

chris66
09-11-2013, 07:31 PM
i don't buy it for a second that he's more detailed oriented than other successful coaches to the point that he can not be beat at home. and that it's his way or the high way. there are a lot of difficult personalities at the top of food chains and simply being one doesn't guarantee you success.

if he is reviewing stuff at the same level as his peers (who are all known to be work aholics) and other great/legendary coaches in a time without Free Agency and locked in rosters and less disparity had a hard time at putting the same numbers together, is there really that much room to be that much further ahead of people?

He hasn't installed an offense or defense that has never been seen before. they use absolute nobodies and rarely have a drop off in play.

If he would have just retired at 2006-07, people would be able to say. "hell of run" and we'd have no idea about the tapes. Something isn't right and its easier to buy that he's doing something very wrong than it is to credit him as being an incredible genius.Belichicks greatness is his willingness to change. Early 2000's run play defense. mid-late 2000's 3 wide spread. last couple of years 2-3 tight end formations. He is going to have to change again this year.

Bills under gailey ran pretty much the same system as the pats have ran for the past 13 years.

TigerJ
09-11-2013, 09:54 PM

Second, is this surprising? Belicheck is the kind of douche who will do whatever it takes to win, and if he's winning, he'll do whatever it takes to run up the score. That's why he got caught cheating and that's why Gronk is on the sidelines in sweats instead of on the field in pads. Ditto what Better Days said. Amendola is missing the Patriots' next game (Thursday night).

Meathead
09-12-2013, 05:02 AM
I don't think that team has any real chance without Amaendola long term this season.

youre kidding right?

did you see marcia on that last drive? he couldnt have been mor precise if he had run down the field and jammed the ball down the receivers pants

as long as they have him they can line up any pass catchers in the entire league and win. i hate it but its just flat out true. cant wait for him to retire and belicheat can go back to being the sub-500 loser hes always been

better days
09-12-2013, 08:00 AM
youre kidding right?

did you see marcia on that last drive? he couldnt have been mor precise if he had run down the field and jammed the ball down the receivers pants

as long as they have him they can line up any pass catchers in the entire league and win. i hate it but its just flat out true. cant wait for him to retire and belicheat can go back to being the sub-500 loser hes always been

Well, then why did the Pats* not score a TD on a drive over 20 yds? Amendola was the receiver responsible for the bulk of the Pats* yds in that game.

Meathead
09-12-2013, 09:19 AM
doesnt make a difference. marcia is going to make a star out of anybody catching passes from him. so amendola made a bunch of key catches. so did some nobody named julian edelman. and you can tell edelman isnt very good the way he mishandled several mind numbingly perfect passes thrown to him, including at least one more in the ez that should have been a td

any wr in the nfl can catch if you put the ball in the right spot and marcia is just amazing with his accuracy - expecially when the game is on the line. thats what makes him probably the greatest nfl qb ever. yeah sure if you put a great receiver in there its going to make marcia even more effective, but he doesnt need it. edelman botched several perfect passes but maria just kept dropping them right in his hands essentially forcing him to catch them

beleed me, it pains me greatly to praise that pussy but hes just that good. bastard

Meathead
09-12-2013, 09:26 AM
btw - did you ever notice how marcia gets that aura around him at key moments, like hes the god of getting in a zone. you can almost see him radiating his perfect focus onto everybody else like its some kind of beacon or something

and then when you put pressure on him and force him out of that zone he instantly transforms into into the panziest richard simmons youve ever seen. lmao. not that it matters, hes so freakin good the rest of the time nobody cares that he fruitcakes it up once in a while. i mean id like to metaphorically spit in his face but i still wish he was on our team

Thief
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM
youre kidding right?

as long as they have him they can line up any pass catchers in the entire league and win. i hate it but its just flat out true. cant wait for him to retire and belicheat can go back to being the sub-500 loser hes always beenbelicheat will retire.

Meathead
09-12-2013, 02:22 PM
belicheat will retire.

yeah i know. im hoping his ego gets the best of him and he comes back just to prove what im saying wrong. but if hes smart he wont give anybody the chance to take away that fraudulent genius label

Buddo
09-12-2013, 04:50 PM
Some stuff guys can play through. Stevie has had his share of groin problems, yet kept suiting up. It could be more serious than that, for sure, but I would guess that if it wasn't a Thursday night game, then Amendola might well have made it for this Sunday.
Bellycheat was probably well aware of the situation, and would rather get the first W, as it could have been possible that Amendola wasn't going to be rested enough for the Thursday game anyway.

As to how good a coach bellend is, I do believe he's better at breaking down film than many others, and game planning accordingly. We regularly play them close in our first encounter, and are often out-classed in our second, when there is plenty of tape available.

GingerP
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
belicheat will retire.

Belichick's contract was to expire in '13 after his '07 renew. Sources say that's no longer the case. "He'll be coaching for a long time"

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/378295907877679104

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000243354/article/bill-belichicks-contract-wont-expire-anytime-soon?campaign=Twitter_atl

DynaPaul
09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Marcia Brady is only good because of Ernie Adam's yapping in his ear over an illegal frequency in the helmet's headset. Put him on another team today, right now, and he will be VERY pedestrian. You can disbelieve me if you want but those are the facts. The guy tells him exactly what the defense is doing, when and where pressure is coming, and who is open. Any schmuck can look good with that advantage.