• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

And now we see the problem....

I'll admit- so far, the Patriots' problems at WR have hurt them more than I expected.

Here's the problem, though: they're 2-0 with a one game lead and a tiebreaker over the Jets. They will end be weekend with a tiebreaker and a 1 or 2 game lead over us and at least a tiebreaker over Miami.

They played like **** and are still dominating the division standings. They should easily pull 5 wins out of this division. They were blessed with two tune-up games.

If they can manage to go 5-5 or better in their non-division games, they'll still win the div easily.

They're the weakest they've been in a decade and all the Bills and Jets can do is lay down and die. And that's. BEFORE Gronk has come back.

The ****ing Pats will be in the playoffs again, and by that time their young WR's will have had 16 with Brady to get on the same page. Will they win the SB? I highly doubt it, but we will be waiting at least one more year for the Pats' demise.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • EricStratton
    • Jul 2002

Re: And now we see the problem....

Lay down and die?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Stealing my thoughts?

8:49am
      Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
      The Pats will probably go 5-1 or 4-2 in the division.
      They also play Atlanta, Tampa, Cincy, New Orleans, Steelers, Panthers, Broncos, Texans, Browns, Ravens.
      I can see them going 5-5 in that stretch, finishing either 10-6 or 9-7.
      You think the Jets and Bills can win 9 or 10 games?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Didnt see your post TD but I agree completely.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

The ****ing Pats will be in the playoffs again, and by that time their young WR's will have had 16 with Brady to get on the same page. Will they win the SB? I highly doubt it, but we will be waiting at least one more year for the Pats' demise.
          Maybe even longer than that if the Receivers come around and their Defense continues to look this good. Granted their defense look great against 2 putrid offenses but that's better than looking bad against them.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

I'll admit- so far, the Patriots' problems at WR have hurt them more than I expected.

Here's the problem, though: they're 2-0 with a one game lead and a tiebreaker over the Jets. They will end be weekend with a tiebreaker and a 1 or 2 game lead over us and at least a tiebreaker over Miami.

They played like **** and are still dominating the division standings. They should easily pull 5 wins out of this division. They were blessed with two tune-up games.

If they can manage to go 5-5 or better in their non-division games, they'll still win the div easily.

They're the weakest they've been in a decade and all the Bills and Jets can do is lay down and die. And that's. BEFORE Gronk has come back.

The Pats may be in the playoffs, but Harbaugh owns Belicheat and they're going to get pounded by anyone that they play in the playoffs and they won't have any more than one home game.

They wouldn't win another division in the league except for maybe the NFCN depending upon how things shake out there as it's recently been a hodgepodge of mediocrity.

They're going to struggle in the rest of their road games and they still have to play the Jets in NY and Miami twice. Miami's no Denver, but they're better than we are or the Jets. Teams like Baltimore, Denver, NO, Atlanta, and even Cincy and maybe even Houston are going to abuse the Pats.

No one's afraid to blitz Brady anymore, particularly not this season, their D is average or so tops, and as is clear this is the worst O they've ever had on Brady's watch.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Maybe even longer than that if the Receivers come around and their Defense continues to look this good. Granted their defense look great against 2 putrid offenses but that's better than looking bad against them.
              The receivers are a HUGE IF for the Pats* They may improve as the year goes on or they may continue to be what they are now, a MEDIOCRE group of low rnd & undrafted receivers that were that for a reason.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

After watching last nights fiasco, it makes losing last week hurt much more.

Ultimately that's what I am looking to see from this coaching staff. The ability to finish a game and step on the throat of the opponent. I hope to see a pissed off team on Sunday.

But in all honesty we're not in a position to worry about the division. We just need to get better every week. No one was expecting playoffs this year. I think a successful season can be measured by how the team improves, if we can make every game a dogfight these guys will learn how to finish. That being said I don't consider a 5-11, 6-10 season acceptable either.
                Last edited by The King; 09-13-2013, 08:20 AM.
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Even if the Pats* win the division this year, their demise has started. Their best days are behind them.

They will be lucky to even make the playoffs let alone get past the first rnd. They could as easily go 8-8 or 7-9 as 10-6 or 9-7.

That team is composed of aging players, no longer in their prime & very young unproven players that may never amount to anything.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Can't be concerned with what the Pats are or aren't right now. This year was never going to be about W/L.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Even if the Pats* win the division this year, their demise has started. Their best days are behind them.

They will be lucky to even make the playoffs let alone get past the first rnd. They could as easily go 8-8 or 7-9 as 10-6 or 9-7.

That team is composed of aging players, no longer in their prime & very young unproven players that may never amount to anything.
                      None of this matters until a team in the division can step up and beat them. They have a mental edge on every team in the AFCE.
                      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                      It was all
                      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

I disagree.

I see a similar team like the 95-96 Bills in Kelly's waning years. They have a core superstars players, though aging, who will still win games like the last two. But I don't see them going anywhere league wide any more. They have some good young players here and there. But no new superstars that I saw will dominate everyone like they used to.

The Bills and Jets are widely perceived as bottom feeders this year, which are more likely to be true and expected. Anyone with illusions that teams like the Bills can win the division THIS year, no matter how weak the division is, is not realistic. I understand the frustration of 13 years no playoff and mis-management over that period of time, but for once I want them to do it right. New management, play rookie key players, give them time to develop. I don't want those Jauron's 7-9 seasons or Chan's 6-10 seasons with no hope, no future insight, only some prayers that if things line up right they squeezed into playoff to be trumped by someone on their way to superbowl.
                        Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 09-13-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

I would love for the Bills to be in a position to effect the Patriots playoff status in Week 17. That would be a perfect time to show them this team is on the rise.
                          It was all

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post

The Pats team age average is 25.88 (11th), the Bills is 25.3 (3rd).
                            Oddly the Lions 27.15 are last.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

The Pats team age average is 25.88 (11th), the Bills is 25.3 (3rd).
                              Oddly the Lions 27.15 are last.
                              Just another example of how stats can be MISLEADING.

The Pats* are composed of older players & younger players with few players in their prime to combine for that average, while the Bills & Lions both have many more players in their prime with few older players.

Comment

Working...
                              X