X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Kiko Alonso Through 3 Games

I've vented enough about last weeks game. Time for a bit of positive.

Kiko Alonso through 3 games:
    • 27 tackles (leading the team in tackles)
    • 1 sack
    • 1 FF
    • 1 fumble recovery
    • 2 INTs

Quietly kicking ass and taking names.
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Kiko Alonso Through 3 Games

Word. If he stays healthy, dude will only get better.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• JoeMama
      Emotion Sickness
      • Oct 2002

Sam Cowart 2.0

Love the immediate impact.
      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
        I've vented enough about last weeks game. Time for a bit of positive.

Kiko Alonso through 3 games:
        • 27 tackles (leading the team in tackles)
        • 1 sack
        • 1 FF
        • 1 fumble recovery
        • 2 INTs

Quietly kicking ass and taking names.
        If the front-four could play then he wouldn't/shouldn't have to make or be in a position to have to make all those tackles. What seems good may not always be good.

He's been up and down otherwise. That INT on Sunday was thrown right to him. He's made an equal number of botches in pass-coverage. Remember when everyone was gaga over Bradham?

Time will tell. The bigger concern right now is the money-bags DL of Mario, who shows up for three games a season to collect sacks and doesn't do ***** the rest of the way, Dareus, Mr. 1st-round, and Kyle Williams who's been eratic this season, that has been terrible, worse than last year if we care to believe it or not.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Kiko is the Bills best draft pick since 2001.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Kiko has been solid so far. Time will tell if he is another Poz or if he is more than that.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              If the front-four could play then he wouldn't/shouldn't have to make or be in a position to have to make all those tackles. What seems good may not always be good.

He's been up and down otherwise. That INT on Sunday was thrown right to him. He's made an equal number of botches in pass-coverage. Remember when everyone was gaga over Bradham?

Time will tell. The bigger concern right now is the money-bags DL of Mario, who shows up for three games a season to collect sacks and doesn't do ***** the rest of the way, Dareus, Mr. 1st-round, and Kyle Williams who's been eratic this season, that has been terrible, worse than last year if we care to believe it or not.
              That INT was thrown right to him because he was eyeing the QB and he jumped the route.

Comment

• PTI
                Banned
                • Jan 2011

Seems smallish out there, he makes plays but does get dragged for extra yards out there. I think he will be here a while, and will get better, but must get stronger too.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

He needs help from Pettine with having more beef in front of him. Otherwise, he's easily moved out of the way and the big runs up the middle have been constant through 3 games ( Not his fault. We need to pinch the DT's inside ).

Every MLB needs to be covered up with DT help when the opposition commits to the run between the tackles. Pettine needs to adjust.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

He needs a little field awareness too. Last week the D had the Jets halfback nearly stopped on the 1 and Alonso hit him in the back, sending him into the endzone. But overall he's looked great, best pick of our draft this year.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• PTI
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      He needs a little field awareness too. Last week the D had the Jets halfback nearly stopped on the 1 and Alonso hit him in the back, sending him into the endzone. But overall he's looked great, best pick of our draft this year.
                      That was Geno Smith, he knocked him into the end zone, and was dragged several times in the game. Playing very well so far all in though.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

yeah that was pretty dumb for a white guy but id still say hes the mvp of the first 18.75% of the season
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

What? The Linebackers job is to fill holes and make the tackle. The D-Line to occupy as many blockers as possible, get off the block when they can, and keep the Offensive lineman off the Backers so they CAN make plays.

Jesus, it's football 101.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

that int was brilliant, he read the play and jumped the route. of course it was thrown right to him bc it was targeting the center of the receivers body, which is where kiko was. it was a carbon copy of his other int too, meaning the guy has a great sense of whats going on out there already

he can get blind drunk and pass out on my couch any time he wants
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                              What? The Linebackers job is to fill holes and make the tackle. The D-Line to occupy as many blockers as possible, get off the block when they can, and keep the Offensive lineman off the Backers so they CAN make plays.

Jesus, it's football 101.
                              That's not universally true. Some schemes want block-eating linemen and some want penetrating linemen.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X