PDA

View Full Version : This organization still collectively has their head up their asses

OpIv37
10-07-2013, 07:53 PM
So, at the start of last season, we cut Powell to keep Moorman. Then a month later, we cut Moorman to sign Powell. Then a year later we cut Powell to sign... You guessed it. Brian Moorman.

Meanwhile, we don't put Hopkins on IR, so for 5 weeks we had two roster spots occupied by kickers, even as we had 4 DB's injured. In the Cleveland game, we ran short on DB's, WR's, RB's and QB's. Now, I realize no team can effectively plan for that many injuries, but there is no way to justify being short on 4 positions while carrying an extra kicker.

Then we have the QB cluster****. Cut TJax (after trading a pick for him and never letting him on the field even as Fitz struggled so bad that the team decided to eat a $10 million cap hit rather than keep him), to sign Kolb, only to watch Kolb get injured. And don't tell me they didn't know Kolb would get injured- this board alone is riddled with posts saying Kolb will get injured from months ago. So they go into the season with two rookies at QB... Then they fail to sign Freeman. And I'm no Freeman fan, but he was the least bad option for fixing this mess they created and they couldn't get him.

I know- some of you will say "that was the old regime..." And some of it was. But the QB situation is on the current regime and the way they handled both K and P was eerily reminiscent of the way they were handled last year...

And people wonder why we don't get respect after looking semi-competent for 4 whole games.....

SquishDaFish
10-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Maybe you should work in an NFL front office somewhere

OpIv37
10-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Maybe you should work in an NFL front office somewhere
Maybe I should. There is no way I could do worse than these assclowns.

SquishDaFish
10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
LOL Yea ok

WagonCircler
10-07-2013, 08:11 PM
So, at the start of last season, we cut Powell to keep Moorman. Then a month later, we cut Moorman to sign Powell. Then a year later we cut Powell to sign... You guessed it. Brian Moorman.

That is pretty much unspinnable, isn't it? There's nothing that could be said to make that sound like it was done by competent people.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Maybe I should. There is no way I could do worse than these assclowns.

Just promise us you won't draft any ND QBs.

A lot of smart ND fans who happen to be Bills fans have some weird blinders when it comes to ND players.

Jimmy Clausen is and always was a total dumpster fire.

DraftBoy
10-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Just promise us you won't draft any ND QBs.

A lot of smart ND fans who happen to be Bills fans have some weird blinders when it comes to ND players.

Jimmy Clausen is and always was a total dumpster fire.

As was Quinn.

Skooby
10-07-2013, 08:26 PM
That is pretty much unspinnable, isn't it? There's nothing that could be said to make that sound like it was done by competent people.

It re-motivated Moorman, that's all I can come up with.

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 08:28 PM

Meanwhile, we don't put Hopkins on IR, so for 5 weeks we had two roster spots occupied by kickers, even as we had 4 DB's injured. In the Cleveland game, we ran short on DB's, WR's, RB's and QB's. Now, I realize no team can effectively plan for that many injuries, but there is no way to justify being short on 4 positions while carrying an extra kicker.

Then we have the QB cluster****. Cut TJax (after trading a pick for him and never letting him on the field even as Fitz struggled so bad that the team decided to eat a $10 million cap hit rather than keep him), to sign Kolb, only to watch Kolb get injured. And don't tell me they didn't know Kolb would get injured- this board alone is riddled with posts saying Kolb will get injured from months ago. So they go into the season with two rookies at QB... Then they fail to sign Freeman. And I'm no Freeman fan, but he was the least bad option for fixing this mess they created and they couldn't get him.

I know- some of you will say "that was the old regime..." And some of it was. But the QB situation is on the current regime and the way they handled both K and P was eerily reminiscent of the way they were handled last year...

And people wonder why we don't get respect after looking semi-competent for 4 whole games.....

That's why I couldn't understand the shameless promotion of the guy.

He's an injury prone sack machine and behind our line that's a death sentence.

Who cares if he had a nice TD/INT ratio his first couple games in AZ last year? If he's injured, we'll never see it anyway.

Which is why I wanted nothing to do with the guy.

Mace
10-07-2013, 08:37 PM

It's honestly real spinnable. Nix/Gailey vs. Whaley/Marrone. There will yet be more to be upset about. But not Powell who was a terrible punter and it takes a lot to be a terrible punter, vs. Moorman who at the worst is a not bad punter at 85 years old, and who else do you cut besides the groin kicker ? We alll double up when considering groin injuries. You can sign David Carr, Dennis Dixon, Pat White or Trent Edwards or roll a dice on Thad Lewis, but this isn't the season to add the finishing touch to the Super Bowl team so you may as well see if the practice squad guy has a crap to make him worth keeping.

There will be plenty to be upset about later in the year, mostly about Marrones on the job training, but don't waste the angst this early. Levy did a bunch of stupid Levy things for years and it ended up ok.

RedEyE
10-07-2013, 08:44 PM
The punter thing definitly seems a bit ridiculous. Outside of that my single biggest issue (as recent as the off season) stands to be tagging Byrd and letting Levitre walk. They knew they were going after a QB and everyone knew Williams was better at safety than at corner. Now they struggle at finding a LG to protect their rookie QB and can't get the guy they tagged, the guy that obviously doesn't want to be in Buffalo, to commit to anything.

YardRat
10-07-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm OK with how the FO and this coaching staff have handled things so far, and only time will tell if the effort eventually produces the results we are hoping for. Except for Op, of course, who would find something to ***** about or rationalize even if the team actually did win four titles in a row.

trapezeus
10-07-2013, 08:54 PM
I honestly would rather see the Bills pick a member from this board, even someone as emotional as Thurm or Hurkey, to run the team. i have no doubt they could make the team a lot more interesting and enter the playoffs.

I'd totally support Op as a GM of the BIlls.

OpIv37
10-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm OK with how the FO and this coaching staff have handled things so far, and only time will tell if the effort eventually produces the results we are hoping for. Except for Op, of course, who would find something to ***** about or rationalize even if the team actually did win four titles in a row.
Anyone who is ok with the cluster**** I just described deserves the losing. You can try to make it about me all you want, but this is blatant incompetence. Of course, it's easier to make it about me than to accept the reality that the "new" staff is making the same mistakes as the old one....

JoeMama
10-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Anyone who is ok with the cluster**** I just described deserves the losing. You can try to make it about me all you want, but this is blatant incompetence. Of course, it's easier to make it about me than to accept the reality that the "new" staff is making the same mistakes as the old one....

I think that at this point YR is just messing with us.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Oaf
10-07-2013, 10:35 PM
Here's another part.

Here's us spinning our wheels with a QB who can't throw a slant, and Geno Smith just beat Matt Ryan on the road with 3 TDs and a 2min drill that involved something other than PIs and dumpoffs. Nothing against EJ, or for Smith really, just a bad FO who looks to have picked wrong, again.

kingJofNYC
10-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Water is wet.

They can talk all they want, nothing's really changed.

DynaPaul
10-07-2013, 11:02 PM
The punter fiasco was undefendable but I'm not buying that we couldn't get Freeman. The guy just wanted to go where he could be the starter and that wasn't Buffalo. End of story.

Mr. Pink
10-07-2013, 11:16 PM
The punter fiasco was undefendable but I'm not buying that we couldn't get Freeman. The guy just wanted to go where he could be the starter and that wasn't Buffalo. End of story.

He wouldn't have started for the next 4-8 weeks if he signed here?

ummm okay.

kingJofNYC
10-07-2013, 11:23 PM
Freeman's a disaster.

Problem is foresight. We lose a quality guard and replace him with squat. We sign two veteran QBs, one with a history of injuries/concussions, we keep him and cut the other vet so we go into the season with an injury prone veteran QB and two rookies. Doesn't make sense.

Jim Leonhard, to be fair, has done an okay job filling in the hole at S, but we didn't add any corners in the offseason outside of Robey. Why? Was our secondary that good?

God help them if one our OT gets hurt, we have zero depth at the position.

Oldbillsfan
10-08-2013, 06:27 AM
The punter thing definitly seems a bit ridiculous. Outside of that my single biggest issue (as recent as the off season) stands to be tagging Byrd and letting Levitre walk. They knew they were going after a QB and everyone knew Williams was better at safety than at corner. Now they struggle at finding a LG to protect their rookie QB and can't get the guy they tagged, the guy that obviously doesn't want to be in Buffalo, to commit to anything.
This is correct

YardRat
10-08-2013, 06:39 AM

The old staff cut Moorman in favor of Powell.
The new staff cut Powell in favor of Moorman.

They are both 'mistakes'?

This single example is pretty solid proof that you'll ***** about anything, as long as you can *****.

The old staff never addressed QB. *****, *****, *****.
The new staff addressed QB, and after 5 games you already know they fubared it. *****, *****, *****.
The same secondary that played so well against Baltimore, didn't repeat against Cleveland. *****, *****, *****.

Sorry, but if you expected to win this season, then you are the ignorant and incompetent dumbass, not the front office.

GreedoII
10-08-2013, 06:59 AM
The fact you're ranting about a punter is really all there is to laugh at. Who cares..it's a punter. Blame Nix. His fingerprints are still on the failures of this team. Mister 2013 Draft genius. Please....

Historian
10-08-2013, 07:36 AM
I just read Marone's rationalization for naming a practice squad starter over a competent backup....and I still do not understand it.

I think, with a full week's practice, Tuel plays well against the Bengals.

Whenever this team thinks it knows better than conventional football wisdom....it usually falls on its face.

YardRat
10-08-2013, 07:54 AM
I just read Marone's rationalization for naming a practice squad starter over a competent backup....and I still do not understand it.

I think, with a full week's practice, Tuel plays well against the Bengals.

Whenever this team thinks it knows better than conventional football wisdom....it usually falls on its face.

Take it for what it's worth, but Vic Carrucci was on the radio this morning singing Lewis' praises, and believes he will do well with a week of prep with the starters.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 07:57 AM

This single example is pretty solid proof that you'll ***** about anything, as long as you can *****.

The new staff addressed QB, and after 5 games you already know they fubared it. *****, *****, *****.
The same secondary that played so well against Baltimore, didn't repeat against Cleveland. *****, *****, *****.

Sorry, but if you expected to win this season, then you are the ignorant and incompetent dumbass, not the front office.

Going into the season with two rookies -one undrafted is not "addressing" QB. If it were properly addressed, they would t be scrambling to pull guys off the practice squad and sign street FA's after one injury.

And the staff should have been good enough to realize Powell didn't have it and addressed P in the off-season rather than be stuck with a guy past his prime cuz he's all that's left at this point in the season.

And of course I didn't expect to win this season. That has nothing to do with this type of incompetent scrambling on personnel decisions. But once again, it's easier to pass it off as me *****ing than to accept the reality that this FO is already doing some pretty ****ing stupid things.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 07:58 AM
The fact you're ranting about a punter is really all there is to laugh at. Who cares..it's a punter. Blame Nix. His fingerprints are still on the failures of this team. Mister 2013 Draft genius. Please....

The position doesn't matter. It's waffling and incompetent decision-making no matter what the position is.

Historian
10-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Kind of reminds me of the Van Pelt situation a few years back.

Then try and find a qualified OC five days before the opener, lol.

YardRat
10-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Going into the season with two rookies -one undrafted is not "addressing" QB. If it were properly addressed, they would t be scrambling to pull guys off the practice squad and sign street FA's after one injury.

Two injuries, but continue to spin it however you want to try and make your argument appear to have validity.

And the staff should have been good enough to realize Powell didn't have it and addressed P in the off-season rather than be stuck with a guy past his prime cuz he's all that's left at this point in the season.

I don't recall too many *****ing about during the pre-season. Did you call for a move to be made at that position prior to the season? If so, kudos. If not, STFU about it already.

And of course I didn't expect to win this season. That has nothing to do with this type of incompetent scrambling on personnel decisions. But once again, it's easier to pass it off as me *****ing than to accept the reality that this FO is already doing some pretty ****ing stupid things.

LOL at 'incompetent scrambling'. They make moves...you *****. They don't make moves...you *****. *****, *****, *****. It's your SOP, and obviously you've embraced it.

Lewis hasn't even taken a regular season snap in a Bills' uniform and you've already written him off completely. Are the odds in your favor that he'll fail? Of course, he's a PS back-up for a reason. Can he play competently enough to help the team win? Maybe. We both shall see.

better days
10-08-2013, 08:36 AM

ummm okay.

I think Freeman was looking long term VS 4-8 games.

He has a much better chance to start long term for the Vikings than he would have had with the Bills.

justasportsfan
10-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I'd totally support Op as a GM of the BIlls.

PEP talk before a game.

OP: "You all suck and we're getting blown out by 45 points and I'm smarter than everyone especially the headcoach"

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Two injuries, but continue to spin it however you want to try and make your argument appear to have validity.

I don't recall too many *****ing about during the pre-season. Did you call for a move to be made at that position prior to the season? If so, kudos. If not, STFU about it already.

LOL at 'incompetent scrambling'. They make moves...you *****. They don't make moves...you *****. *****, *****, *****. It's your SOP, and obviously you've embraced it.

Lewis hasn't even taken a regular season snap in a Bills' uniform and you've already written him off completely. Are the odds in your favor that he'll fail? Of course, he's a PS back-up for a reason. Can he play competently enough to help the team win? Maybe. We both shall see.

Lmao if you think it's about whether they do or don't make moves. It's about getting it right. Clearly, if they had gotten it right before, they wouldn't be doing all this scrambling now. And Lewis? Did it ever occur to you that there's a reason why he was on the practice squad behind Tuel?

And if Lewis comes in and plays well, how do you justify these idiots putting him on the practice squad instead of Tuel? It will mean that decision likely cost us the Cleveland game.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Lmao if you think it's about whether they do or don't make moves. It's about getting it right. Clearly, if they had gotten it right before, they wouldn't be doing all this scrambling now. And Lewis? Did it ever occur to you that there's a reason why he was on the practice squad behind Tuel?

And if Lewis comes in and plays well, how do you justify these idiots putting him on the practice squad instead of Tuel? It will mean that decision likely cost us the Cleveland game.

and it's not about if me or anyone else here *****ed about P in the off-season. The FO makes huge money to get it right and clearly they didn't.

WagonCircler
10-08-2013, 08:48 AM
The position doesn't matter. It's waffling and incompetent decision-making no matter what the position is.

But the position does matter. A competent punter means a 14 point swing in the Cleveland game, and the final pick 6 never happens because the Bills would have been in clock killing mode late in the 4th quarter.

Fletch
10-08-2013, 08:48 AM

I don't think that anyone expected us to win this season, except some that don't know what they're talking about maybe, but in fairness to OP I think he's talking about incompetence and decisions that reflect that on the part of the front office.

Why take something that he said and mutate it into something that he did not say?

Winning will not follow an incompetent front office or coaching staff. Right now there are plenty of issues to go around.

Night Train
10-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I have no problems with Marrone.. but rather with Brandon and his whole " Analytics " crap that basically brings a budget and unwavering profit margin into the equation, at the expense of quality roster depth. It's supposed to be data collection but it's nothing more than a smoke screen for saving :$:. There is a reason Wilson and his accountants selected him to be the frontman.

When Brandon was introduced, I saw a snake oil salesmen with a new angle on how to sell seats, more so than doing things different as he preached. But when roster injuries kick in, all the cracks are exposed in this philosophy. Depth is thin.

I never had a problem with passing on/overpaying Levitre or Byrd. No way in hell should monster $$ be devoted to those positions. (It goes to QB, Front 7 D and a special WR/TE if you have one). It's been done by many teams that keep winning. The difference is finding suitable replacements but Analyics kills this with salary being the driving force. (Just get by with present roster depth, which isn't good).

Historian
10-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Well put NT.

And while OP may overreact a touch...you have to admit, that it is getting tougher and tougher to take this team and their moves seriously...no matter what their motivation.

I lay a lot of it at Brandon's feet. He's in way over his head, and think some of his own business interests affect his judgement at times.

better days
10-08-2013, 09:29 AM
I have no problems with Marrone.. but rather with Brandon and his whole " Analytics " crap that basically brings a budget and unwavering profit margin into the equation, at the expense of quality roster depth. It's supposed to be data collection but it's nothing more than a smoke screen for saving :$:. There is a reason Wilson and his accountants selected him to be the frontman.

When Brandon was introduced, I saw a snake oil salesmen with a new angle on how to sell seats, more so than doing things different as he preached. But when roster injuries kick in, all the cracks are exposed in this philosophy. Depth is thin.

I never had a problem with passing on/overpaying Levitre or Byrd. No way in hell should monster $$ be devoted to those positions. (It goes to QB, Front 7 D and a special WR/TE if you have one). It's been done by many teams that keep winning. The difference is finding suitable replacements but Analyics kills this with salary being the driving force. (Just get by with present roster depth, which isn't good).

Well, the Tampa Bay Rays are one of the best teams in baseball & also one of the lowest payrolls.

Brandon has a baseball background, we will see how that translates to football.

GreedoII
10-08-2013, 09:44 AM
They most likely brought him back for his experience with the weather and the team. I mean who do they bring in? He was cut because the idiot coaching staff had a punting philosophy which is ******ed to begin with. It’s a dam punter so just let him punt his A** off. No they cut him because we want a directional kicker. Idiots. It makes Nix and the previous staff look like buffoons. The current staff is just correcting a wrong in my opinio. The wheels on the bus go round and round…round and round..

GreedoII
10-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Brandon has his marching orders I can tell you that..

Well, the Tampa Bay Rays are one of the best teams in baseball & also one of the lowest payrolls.

Brandon has a baseball background, we will see how that translates to football.

sukie
10-08-2013, 09:46 AM
How much was Buddy Nix involved in Day to Day last season vs this season?

I view Moorman as a great cost cutting... assuming he is now the punter for less than he was making before.

Perhaps Buddy still has power but his meds are not quite right.

Maybe there is too much fiber in his diet and his electrolytes are askew.

WagonCircler
10-08-2013, 09:59 AM

Outstanding post.

I'm not sure whether or not Analytics are crap, but I can guarantee that they are when performed by hacks like Brandon.

When he first started talking about them when introduced at his little coronation press conference, it was more like a "I just read an article about this thing called 'analytics' and I think we're gonna do that! It's a very hip, CEO kind of thing to do!"

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 10:39 AM
How much was Buddy Nix involved in Day to Day last season vs this season?

I view Moorman as a great cost cutting... assuming he is now the punter for less than he was making before.

Perhaps Buddy still has power but his meds are not quite right.

Maybe there is too much fiber in his diet and his electrolytes are askew.
Even if the Moorman thing is cost-cutting, it's likely that we win the Cleveland game with a better punter. How do you justify a cost cut that likely cost us a win when we are $20 million below the cap?

As fans, we can't applaud cost cut as an end unto themselves. They are only meaningful if they are re-invested in the team by signing a quality FA or extending a good player so he doesn't hit FA.

trapezeus
10-08-2013, 10:44 AM
analytics works for baseball because most of that game is between pitcher and batter. Same routine thing. the stats are pretty iron clad. you can show tebow's QB rating from that year in denver and it'd be a joke, but the team was winning was reliant on other factors. To model all the data that goes into football will take a while.

the stat guys currently show you fascinating stuff, but i don't know how predictive it is to be able to say, "we need a LG who is 6'3 over 305 lbs."

you should be studying the stats and looking for an advantage, but i don't think it will give you a clear opinion on the personel you need.

superbills
10-08-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm usually skeptical of Op's comments...some of them I feel are just ongoing negativity, sometimes I agree with his point...this time, as much as I want to disagree and scream..."give them some time", I just can't placate the situation that way. See, when something becomes a pattern, you start to run out of excuses for why that pattern exists. We've replaced everyone except for the two most influential pieces of this organization...Brandon and Wilson. At the end of the day, perhaps the old adage of "A fish rots from the head down" applies all too well to this current situation. We can't do much about the owner, except to wait for him to move on to loftier pastures. Having said that, I'm afraid that so long as Ralph is alive we are stuck with Brandon. Further, that means that, no matter who the GM is, no matter who coaches this team, the same organizational "rot" will exist at the top. Whether they hire guys who are already prone to mismanagement or whether these guys are poisoned by it when they get here, the pattern is the same. We have only the "head" to blame.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2013, 11:39 AM

and it's not about if me or anyone else here *****ed about P in the off-season. The FO makes huge money to get it right and clearly they didn't.

Lewis was on the practice squad for 1 reason-the team thought he could clear waivers easier than Tuel. It's that simple and I doubt he would have won the game for the Bills with virtually no reps & a short week. If Tuel had been claimed off waivers at the end of pre-season, many of you would have been crying like babies.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Lewis was on the practice squad for 1 reason-the team thought he could clear waivers easier than Tuel. It's that simple and I doubt he would have won the game for the Bills with virtually no reps & a short week. If Tuel had been claimed off waivers at the end of pre-season, many of you would have been crying like babies.
First, you can't base an argument on your assumption of how people would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred. This absurdity happens far too often around here.

Second, anyone who would complain about losing Tuel is not that bright. The guy had one strong preseason game- that's it.

DesertFox24
10-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Well the one thing I will say is that Moorman was struggling last year and from what I have read the old Special Teams coach wanted a directional kicker not a hang time kicker, and that is why they cut Powerll.

I think these guys want more hang time and Powell was good in camp and bad in games.

That being said glad they made a move and if Moorman was the best on tryout ok so be it.

I do agree though from our prespective it does look like a bunch of clowns are running this thing.

Hopefully Dustin Hopkins and the rookie punter next year turn out to be adequate. They should probably draft one in rounds 6 or 7.

PTI
10-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Same guys that tried to sell us Edwards is smart because he went to Stanford, and Fitz is smart because he went to Harvard, are trying to sell us Lewis is smart because he went to Duke. Love these guys.

DesertFox24
10-08-2013, 11:52 AM
As for the QB thing we have to take Marrone at his word at this point. The might really really like Tuel and want to develop him and maybe trade him for a pick in 3 years and did not want to risk losing him.

Marrone has been very honest and furthcoming so far.

Again that being said they should have carried three QBs on the active roster and the backup should have had game experience, so I agree bad planning. I wonder if the Kicker situation had anything to do with that.

better days
10-08-2013, 11:54 AM
analytics works for baseball because most of that game is between pitcher and batter. Same routine thing. the stats are pretty iron clad. you can show tebow's QB rating from that year in denver and it'd be a joke, but the team was winning was reliant on other factors. To model all the data that goes into football will take a while.

the stat guys currently show you fascinating stuff, but i don't know how predictive it is to be able to say, "we need a LG who is 6'3 over 305 lbs."

you should be studying the stats and looking for an advantage, but i don't think it will give you a clear opinion on the personel you need.

So you are saying baseball is basically HR derby. Fielding & defense play no part in baseball, positions do not matter.

The are many variables to pitching alone. Starter VS Long Relief VS Closer.

One QB in Football VS MANY pitchers in Baseball.

justasportsfan
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
As for the QB thing we have to take Marrone at his word at this point. The might really really like Tuel and want to develop him and maybe trade him for a pick in 3 years and did not want to risk losing him.

now that everyone has seen him, Tuel will most likely go to the practice squad once Ej is ready and Marrone won't have to worry about anyone snagging him

Mr. Pink
10-08-2013, 11:56 AM
now that everyone has seen him, Tuel will most likely go to the practice squad once Ej is ready and Marrone won't have to worry about anyone snagging him

He should just be released. He'll never play in the NFL again. What's the point?

justasportsfan
10-08-2013, 11:59 AM
He should just be released. He'll never play in the NFL again. What's the point?

he was trained by Rob Johnsons Dad.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2013, 12:02 PM
First, you can't base an argument on your assumption of how people would have reacted in a hypothetical situation that never actually occurred. This absurdity happens far too often around here.

Second, anyone who would complain about losing Tuel is not that bright. The guy had one strong preseason game- that's it.

The bottom line is the team didn't think Tuel would clear waivers-That's basically what Marrone said yesterday. If you doubt the people would have been whining if we waived Tuel & someone claimed him, just go back to the late August & September posts by people who thought Tuel is good & has a future. An assumption based on how people who have posted their opinions on a guy would react is not absurd-they are on record supporting the guy. Hey, there are still people here who want Tuel to get a week's reps & start Sunday. Read their posts-they definitely would have had a fit if Tuel had been waived and claimed. Personally, I've never seen anything in Tuel to think he's worth a roster spot, but there are a lot of people around here who disagree with me, most importantly, the coach & GM at 1 Bills Drive think he's worth a roster spot & they have veto power over everyone here.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Same guys that tried to sell us Edwards is smart because he went to Stanford, and Fitz is smart because he went to Harvard, are trying to sell us Lewis is smart because he went to Duke. Love these guys.

There are plenty of smart people who would get crushed like bugs if they got on an NFL field. I'd rather have Jim Kelly over a genius.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Do they think he's worth a roster spot, or do they simply think other teams have snagged everyone else who's better?

PTI
10-08-2013, 12:12 PM
After how awful Tuel played, surely no one would take him now off of the practice squad and promote him to their main roster.

DynaPaul
10-08-2013, 12:35 PM

ummm okay.

4 - 8 weeks, yes. For the rest of the season and next year as well? No. Don't take what I said out of context.

GingerP
10-08-2013, 12:41 PM
It's honestly real spinnable. Nix/Gailey vs. Whaley/Marrone.

This sentence should really be sticky-ed. However, it should be written as thus:

"It's honestly real spinnable. ____________ vs. ______________."

- Donahoe/Williams
- Donahoe/Mularkey
- Levy/Jauron
- Brandon/Jauron
- Brandon/Fewell
- Nix/Gailey
- Whaley/Marrone

That would save a lot of time and effort. We could just keep adding names to the list and cycle through as-needed.

Albany,n.y.
10-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Do they think he's worth a roster spot, or do they simply think other teams have snagged everyone else who's better?

This year, because he's the one healthy QB most familiar with their system & they know it's too late to bring anyone in worth starting. The exception was Freeman & Minnesota sold him on the longer term benefits since our QB for the future is pretty much decided on and theirs is not. They better think of getting a veteran with a better durability history than Kolb for next year. The guys on the street now are all garbage or have decided their careers are over & don't want to come back.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-08-2013, 01:09 PM
So you are saying baseball is basically HR derby. Fielding & defense play no part in baseball, positions do not matter.

The are many variables to pitching alone. Starter VS Long Relief VS Closer.

One QB in Football VS MANY pitchers in Baseball.

That's not what he said at all.

Sabremetrics work (or should I say, worked) in baseball because the common thinking overvalued home run hitting and big arms and undervalued guys who could work a pitcher deep into the count every time and get on base a lot. So those guys were cheap.

In football, analytics can still have some benefit but the problem is that the Bills are always chasing other teams' innovations. We decide to run the no huddle uptempo that New England has been running for years. We decided to run the blitz-happy 3-4 that New York has been running for years. So there aren't as many undervalued players to be found.

But analytics can never be and should never be considered a substitute for scouting. One of the great analytic success stories of the last few years was Aaron Hernandez. A guy who traditional scouting said was undersized and could never work as a tight end and the Pats were able to grab him in the 4th and make him a centerpiece of their offense. But then, stats don't tell the whole story about a person as we learned this year.

Mr. Pink
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
4 - 8 weeks, yes. For the rest of the season and next year as well? No. Don't take what I said out of context.

If he came out and played like the Freeman of a couple years ago, there's absolutely no way the coaching staff could go back to Manuel. Freeman could have played himself into a starting job here. I honestly think the Bills were never serious on Manuel knowing full well that if he performed like he has in the past, their first round draft pick would have been a waste and it would have reflected poorly on their decision making.

better days
10-08-2013, 02:01 PM
If he came out and played like the Freeman of a couple years ago, there's absolutely no way the coaching staff could go back to Manuel. Freeman could have played himself into a starting job here. I honestly think the Bills were never serious on Manuel knowing full well that if he performed like he has in the past, their first round draft pick would have been a waste and it would have reflected poorly on their decision making.

The best Freeman could hope for is a chance to compete for the Starting job next year.

That is most likely still the case for him, but he will have an easier time beating out Ponder than he would have Manuel.

Mr. Pink
10-08-2013, 02:06 PM
The best Freeman could hope for is a chance to compete for the Starting job next year.

That is most likely still the case for him, but he will have an easier time beating out Ponder than he would have Manuel.

Because Manuel is so much better than Ponder?

What Ponder showed last year is about what Manuel would have done this year if he didn't get injured. 18 TDs, 12 INTs just under 3000 yards.

YardRat
10-08-2013, 02:42 PM

If they had gotten it right before, we wouldn't be looking at a GM and coaching staff barely half-way through the first year on the job. Have they done poorly in the past? Absolutely, but the biggest error in your mindset is laying the baggage of previous regimes on this one, barely giving them a chance to get out of the gate. Of course this FO isn't going to be perfect and they will make what some perceive to be mistakes but you could at least give them more than 5 games into their first regular season before pulling out the 'same old **** card'.

YardRat
10-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't think that anyone expected us to win this season, except some that don't know what they're talking about maybe, but in fairness to OP I think he's talking about incompetence and decisions that reflect that on the part of the front office.

Why take something that he said and mutate it into something that he did not say?

Winning will not follow an incompetent front office or coaching staff. Right now there are plenty of issues to go around.

Yeah, you might want to re-read the first post a little closer and then explain where I 'mutated' the comments.

Night Train
10-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Well put NT.

And while OP may overreact a touch...you have to admit, that it is getting tougher and tougher to take this team and their moves seriously...no matter what their motivation.

I lay a lot of it at Brandon's feet. He's in way over his head, and think some of his own business interests affect his judgement at times.

It's selling an angle.

Marrone isn't a bad hire and the roster isn't void of talent by any stretch. I don't have any problem with the building through the draft philosophy during this rebuild. (They have actually hit on some good picks recently.)

But knowing the market would be hot for Levitre means having a plan in place to fill that during free agency and the draft. Maybe they thought they could find another Pears or Urbik and develop them. They were very fortunate with those 2 but that angle hits about 20 % of the time and they were pressing their luck they could hit there again.

I can't help but seeing Whaley saying he needs a certain player and Brandon asking " for how much ", especially after signing Manny Lawson, Kolb and a couple other modest FA's.

YardRat
10-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Losing Rhinehart hurt more than losing Levitre, IMO.

Mace
10-08-2013, 05:31 PM
It's selling an angle.

Marrone isn't a bad hire and the roster isn't void of talent by any stretch. I don't have any problem with the building through the draft philosophy during this rebuild. (They have actually hit on some good picks recently.)

But knowing the market would be hot for Levitre means having a plan in place to fill that during free agency and the draft. Maybe they thought they could find another Pears or Urbik and develop them. They were very fortunate with those 2 but that angle hits about 20 % of the time and they were pressing their luck they could hit there again.

I can't help but seeing Whaley saying he needs a certain player and Brandon asking " for how much ", especially after signing Manny Lawson, Kolb and a couple other modest FA's.

Yeah. I have to admit the Levitre thing still annoys me. You can blame the previous regime for not extending him early at a reasonable price, but it's this ones fault they didn't seem to think it was any biggie replacing him. You can blame the previous regime for Powell, but this one for not realizing he was in issue in preseason because I could see it coming even. And blame this regime for not having a vet QB in place though I understand the reasoning to some degree if they want to hang on to Tuel. No helping it, hopefully they learn and grow.

I really don't think Brandon is as hands on as he means to represent himself though. If you remember his previous turn at the wheel, he was Mr. Gladhand, eating media face time until things went bad, then retreating behind the scenes. Seems the same to me now. He was Mr. Gladhand, eating media face time until he realizes things just got a bit more complex, then retreat behind the scenes. He's like a little kid pretending to fix dad's car in front of the neighbors then running away when dad comes outside and asks wth he's doing.

Gladhanding face timers aren't usually hands on and Brandon just strikes me as pretty obvious that he just wants to lead the parade if people cheer and don't throw stuff at him. His self satisfying stamp on the organization will be the metrics idea, and if it doesn't work look for him to come up with something else like Biorhythmic hyperbaric charting via horoscope depending on moon phase.

He has a set of guidelines to work within but won't dork around much with the football side imho.

Way too early though to say the organization has their heads up their asses until this particular version of the organization flails around for the usual couple years. We all know the drill.

mayotm
10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
It's selling an angle.

I can't help but seeing Whaley saying he needs a certain player and Brandon asking " for how much ", especially after signing Manny Lawson, Kolb and a couple other modest FA's.Well, I'll take a few more Lawson's. He's been pretty damn good.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 05:52 PM
If they had gotten it right before, we wouldn't be looking at a GM and coaching staff barely half-way through the first year on the job. Have they done poorly in the past? Absolutely, but the biggest error in your mindset is laying the baggage of previous regimes on this one, barely giving them a chance to get out of the gate. Of course this FO isn't going to be perfect and they will make what some perceive to be mistakes but you could at least give them more than 5 games into their first regular season before pulling out the 'same old **** card'.

But they are pulling the same old ****. The K and P situations are virtually identical to what happened last year. We are in a bad situation with backup QB because they made the mistake of signing Kolb. Whaley worked under Nix for how many years here? It's not like he didn't see these mistakes first hand- hell there's a good chance he was involved in some of the bad decisions.

People on this board said signing Kolb was a mistake. People on this board said it was stupid to carry two kickers. A week or two to see if he gets better? Maybe, but 1/3 of the season? Please.

This FO continues to make decisions that resemble the same mistakes of the past. They're professionals who continue to make mistakes that a bunch of amateur message board posters saw from a mile away. No one said they had to be perfect but this is the type of bull**** that they get paid big bucks to avoid.

better days
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
That's not what he said at all.

Sabremetrics work (or should I say, worked) in baseball because the common thinking overvalued home run hitting and big arms and undervalued guys who could work a pitcher deep into the count every time and get on base a lot. So those guys were cheap.

In football, analytics can still have some benefit but the problem is that the Bills are always chasing other teams' innovations. We decide to run the no huddle uptempo that New England has been running for years. We decided to run the blitz-happy 3-4 that New York has been running for years. So there aren't as many undervalued players to be found.

But analytics can never be and should never be considered a substitute for scouting. One of the great analytic success stories of the last few years was Aaron Hernandez. A guy who traditional scouting said was undersized and could never work as a tight end and the Pats were able to grab him in the 4th and make him a centerpiece of their offense. But then, stats don't tell the whole story about a person as we learned this year.

What he said & your post are ENTIRELY different. He said baseball was all about pitchers & hitters. In other words HR Derby.

kishoph
10-08-2013, 06:21 PM
So is the answer after 5 games to fire Whaley, Marrone and his staff, waive EJ Manuel and draft Johnny football next season, then everything will be all right ? Geniuses.

Oh, I forgot, get rid of Mario Willams, Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller also.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-08-2013, 06:32 PM
What he said & your post are ENTIRELY different. He said baseball was all about pitchers & hitters. In other words HR Derby.

That's still not what he said. Would you like me to quote his post?

And besides, baseball starts with the pitcher dueling with the batter. Everything begins with that, and it is a purely 1v1 match up that gets repeated several times a game and then dozens of times a season. The basis of meaningful statistics is repetition.

OpIv37
10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
So is the answer after 5 games to fire Whaley, Marrone and his staff, waive EJ Manuel and draft Johnny football next season, then everything will be all right ? Geniuses.

Oh, I forgot, get rid of Mario Willams, Stevie Johnson and CJ Spiller also.
No one said anything about cutting or firing anyone.

I simply pointed out that these guys are making the same mistakes as their predecessors.

better days
10-10-2013, 08:09 AM
That's still not what he said. Would you like me to quote his post?

And besides, baseball starts with the pitcher dueling with the batter. Everything begins with that, and it is a purely 1v1 match up that gets repeated several times a game and then dozens of times a season. The basis of meaningful statistics is repetition.

Go Ahead And quote his post. Wait, you just did. Pitcher & batter...............HOME RUN DERBY.

In Football everything starts with the QB & Receiver.

YardRat
10-10-2013, 08:33 AM
No one said anything about cutting or firing anyone.

I simply pointed out that these guys are making the same mistakes as their predecessors.

You don't know if they are mistakes or not. Yet.

Maybe you should start following the league's transaction wire a little more closely, and take note of how many players are cut, replaced with street FA's, elevated from PS to the regular roster, etc etc. Simply making moves is the only basis you have for your opinion, but if that is the case than the entire league is manned by dumbasses in the front office and on their coaching staffs.

pmoon6
10-10-2013, 08:56 AM
HaHaHa. Now the Anti-Fans are *****ing about punters. They added a product at the Zone Store. Testosterone Vagina Wash. It makes you smell like a man while preventing a yeast infection or so the label promises. The Anti Fans need to stock up!!!!!!

better days
10-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Because Manuel is so much better than Ponder?

What Ponder showed last year is about what Manuel would have done this year if he didn't get injured. 18 TDs, 12 INTs just under 3000 yards.

Ponder is in his 3rd year in the NFL. EJ is in his first year in the NFL. That is the reason Freeman has a better chance to start in Minn than Buffalo.

EJ is viewed as a potential FRANCHISE QB in Buffalo. Ponder is on THIN ICE in Minnesota.

better days
10-10-2013, 09:17 AM
Losing Rhinehart hurt more than losing Levitre, IMO.

Why does it hurt more to lose a BACK UP than a STARTER?

Levitre was the big loss IMO.

YardRat
10-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Why does it hurt more to lose a BACK UP than a STARTER?

Levitre was the big loss IMO.

Rhinehart would have stepped into the starting line-up with zero drop-off and without the ridiculous contract. Just IMO...

better days
10-10-2013, 09:51 AM
Rhinehart would have stepped into the starting line-up with zero drop-off and without the ridiculous contract. Just IMO...

I agree Rhinehart would have started, but he would not have played as well as Levitre. Is Rhinehart even starting for the Chargers?

Yes, Levitre got a RIDICULOUS contract by the Titans, but so did Derrick Dockery by the Bills a few years ago.

I think the Bills should have viewed Levitre as a FA in the same way they did Dockery & PAID him.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Go Ahead And quote his post. Wait, you just did. Pitcher & batter...............HOME RUN DERBY.

Seriously, his point was not that hard to understand. You went running off about fielding and relief pitchers because you didn't get it. Football has 22 guys involved in every play and its very difficult to statistically isolate one player's contribution. Baseball doesn't. The vast majority of the game is one on one, pitcher vs. batter.

better days
10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Seriously, his point was not that hard to understand. You went running off about fielding and relief pitchers because you didn't get it. Football has 22 guys involved in every play and its very difficult to statistically isolate one player's contribution. Baseball doesn't. The vast majority of the game is one on one, pitcher vs. batter.

NO it is not just the pitcher & batter. DEFENSE is involved in baseball as well or it would just be HR Derby.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2013, 10:19 AM
NO it is not just the pitcher & batter. DEFENSE is involved in baseball as well or it would just be HR Derby.

Oh my god it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Here, start with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabermetrics) and come back when you have enough to hold a conversation about the topic.

better days
10-10-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh my god it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

Here, start with this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabermetrics) and come back when you have enough to hold a conversation about the topic.

Well, I read it. Maybe you should reread it. It said hitting does not play as big a role in winning games as most would think.

In other words it is NOT HR Derby & defense (fielding) play a bigger role than most think because it is about runs scored. NOT getting on base.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, I read it. Maybe you should reread it. It said hitting does not play as big a role in winning games as most would think.

That is exactly what I said.

The point is to work counts and get on base. Either by hitting or by walks, but in either case you are avoiding outs. And if you make a pitcher throw 6-7 pitches to you rather than grounding out in 2, then he has to be substituted earlier and now you are facing much weaker relievers. A lot of that is missed by batting average, which is why it fails as a traditional statistic.

In other words it is NOT HR Derby & defense (fielding) play a bigger role than most think because it is about runs scored. NOT getting on base.

It's pretty damned hard to score runs without getting on base first. That IS a home run derby.

better days
10-10-2013, 10:44 AM
[/B]

That is exactly what I said.

The point is to work counts and get on base. Either by hitting or by walks, but in either case you are avoiding outs. And if you make a pitcher throw 6-7 pitches to you rather than grounding out in 2, then he has to be substituted earlier and now you are facing much weaker relievers. A lot of that is missed by batting average, which is why it fails as a traditional statistic.

It's pretty damned hard to score runs without getting on base first. That IS a home run derby.

NO, HR Derby involves no defense. It is just the pitcher & batter.

I see no reason Football can not come up with numbers that show which positions are most important to winning.

I think most of us already know them. QB, DL, CB

IlluminatusUIUC
10-10-2013, 11:10 AM
NO, HR Derby involves no defense. It is just the pitcher & batter.

I see no reason Football can not come up with numbers that show which positions are most important to winning.

I think most of us already know them. QB, DL, CB

They have numbers to show which positions are more important to winning. The problem is finding numbers that show which players are best at those positions, which is why football outsiders uses metrics like DVOA or DYAR to try to normalize a player's contribution vs. a replacement level player.

You can't as easily separate a player's performance from his teammates' in football. Peyton Manning is putting up record numbers, but he also has the best wideout corps in football. If he traded wideouts with someone like Terelle Pryor then he'd still be a better QB but his numbers would go down significantly.

TheBrownBear
10-11-2013, 11:33 AM
It's funny that people will nitpick to the point of wringing their hands over the handling of a team's PUNTER situation. It's clearly as simple as Powell being superior to Moorman in practice situations, but then the team discovering he couldn't mentally deliver when the bullets started flying.

The TJAX/Fitz stuff was Gailey/Nix.

I'd say the front office did a good job on this past draft, with two potential longterm (maybe ProBowl caliber) starters in Alonso and Woods, and maybe a third depending on EJ's development.

The Freeman thing - you can pursue a guy but it's ultimately up to him where he wants to sign. I don't blame a QB for turning down playing in Buffalo, with it's terrible weather, on a one year contract. It's like a pitcher having the opportunity to choose between Coors Field or Petco Park on a one year deal - where would you go if you wanted to show well and maximize your potential earnings the next season?

My biggest concern is Marrone. Terrible clock management and challenge usage. Definitely seems lost during the game (like Levy). To his credit, he has the team ready to compete every week and so far there's been no "quit" in his team.

better days
10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
It's funny that people will nitpick to the point of wringing their hands over the handling of a team's PUNTER situation. It's clearly as simple as Powell being superior to Moorman in practice situations, but then the team discovering he couldn't mentally deliver when the bullets started flying.

The TJAX/Fitz stuff was Gailey/Nix.

I'd say the front office did a good job on this past draft, with two potential longterm (maybe ProBowl caliber) starters in Alonso and Woods, and maybe a third depending on EJ's development.

My biggest concern is Marrone. Terrible clock management and challenge usage. Definitely seems lost during the game (like Levy). To his credit, he has the team ready to compete every week and so far there's been no "quit" in his team.

Powell, the Trent Edwards of punters.

trapezeus
10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
better days, look at revis. he has less interceptions than other great CB's. but that's a result of teams just not throwing his way. now look at last year's bills CB's, no one threw on them because the run game waas averageing 5 yards a carry or something absurd.

So you can't just look at simple stats, you have to find the correlation of why certain things occur (ala, the context of the game you watch). So that's what they are trying to get into, but i don't think they are anywhere close with the number of moving pieces that occur in a play. Every play starts with 22 men moving at the exact same time, and anything can happen in the 4-8 seconds a play lasts. in baseball its about two guys. what the pitcher offeres and how batters tend to hit. From there, the rest of the team reacts.

also, what are you getting out of analytics in terms of identifying players strengths in drafts? we already know what goes into a great qb. and we have no idea how guys learnup to the next level. but solely based on stats, JP should have been servicable. Edwards should have been servicable. Fitz should not lasted more than 1 year. Russell Wilson is under sized, but his leadership is a non-quant factor. do you want a QB who can run, or a qb who knows when the heat is coming and can move one step over and deliver an accurate pass? You need to see that players game tapes to figure it out. not rely on the stats.

i do think stat analysis in game situations can be useful and should be sent out to coaches quickly.

stuckincincy
10-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Powell, the Trent Edwards of punters.

Heh - not a bad observation. Still, Moorman was declining, so I can't blame them for the change. I'm expecting the coach to direct Moorman to go for hang time and sacrifice distance this Sunday. CIN's Pac-Man Jones is a decent punt returner. I hope they don't try any of that "directed" punt kick nonsense thinking they might get an extra 5 yards or a favorable roll...if Jones irks them, kick it out of bounds.

better days
10-11-2013, 12:11 PM
better days, look at revis. he has less interceptions than other great CB's. but that's a result of teams just not throwing his way. now look at last year's bills CB's, no one threw on them because the run game waas averageing 5 yards a carry or something absurd.

So you can't just look at simple stats, you have to find the correlation of why certain things occur (ala, the context of the game you watch). So that's what they are trying to get into, but i don't think they are anywhere close with the number of moving pieces that occur in a play. Every play starts with 22 men moving at the exact same time, and anything can happen in the 4-8 seconds a play lasts. in baseball its about two guys. what the pitcher offeres and how batters tend to hit. From there, the rest of the team reacts.

also, what are you getting out of analytics in terms of identifying players strengths in drafts? we already know what goes into a great qb. and we have no idea how guys learnup to the next level. but solely based on stats, JP should have been servicable. Edwards should have been servicable. Fitz should not lasted more than 1 year. Russell Wilson is under sized, but his leadership is a non-quant factor. do you want a QB who can run, or a qb who knows when the heat is coming and can move one step over and deliver an accurate pass? You need to see that players game tapes to figure it out. not rely on the stats.

i do think stat analysis in game situations can be useful and should be sent out to coaches quickly.

Yeah, I have always hated stats myself. I'm thinking analytics in football can be used more for the positions involved rather than individual players.

PTI
10-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Tarvaris Jackson leads the NFL in QB rating!!!

coastal
10-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Ohio State has a CB projected to go in the first round.

the Bills metrics are all about him.

u can just sense it.

SpikedLemonade
10-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Ohio State has a CB projected to go in the first round.

the Bills metrics are all about him.

u can just sense it.

Drafting OL is too expensive -- they eat too much.

trapezeus
10-11-2013, 04:31 PM
frankly, i would love for the bills to go with a good prospect OL or LB in round one. If the bills can pair Kiko with a stud, the bills d is ready to win games for them next year. if they get another nose tackle, that would be good as i believe the tread is wearing on K Williams. maybe two more years of him. you keep those positions juiced, the team can really build.

for offense, if the team really believes in its last draft, all they need to do is get OL so its rich in OL talent. and maybe take a flier on a RB in the later rounds. i know we like taking kickers with the seventh pick, but it'd be nice to have a RB that is very different from spiller and jackson. some hefty guy that can carry three people on his back on a 3rd and 3.

i know russ will find a way to meddle like his mentor. but on the surface, a mildly competent GM and ownership structure could nurse this roster to be a decent playoff team.

BillsFever21
10-11-2013, 08:41 PM
I think it would be wise to take a RB in the draft next year. Not early in the draft but maybe in the 4th round or even 3rd round if there is a decent talent there. Jackson will be another year older and it remains to be seen if he will even finish this season without getting injured again. Spiller is starting to show that he may not be a workhorse that can handle the ball 20+ times a game on a consistent basis.

Then we also have Spiller in the last year of his contract. We don't know if we can re-sign him and if he isn't a workhorse then he may not be worth top RB money like he will probably demand. Unless you have a stud like Adrian Peterson then RB is the easiest position to replace in the NFL. At the very least we would have a RB that could split carries the following year and if Jackson gets injured again then we have someone to split carries with for Spiller. If Spiller leaves then we have a possible starter the following season.

coastal
10-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Drafting OL is too expensive -- they eat too much.
They should hire us to cook for the Bills... how fun would that be?!

pmoon6
10-12-2013, 07:52 AM
They should hire us to cook for the Bills... how fun would that be?!Just make sure Spike washes his hands after he uses the ****ter. Canadians have a habit of skipping that step.

YardRat
10-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Just make sure Spike washes his hands after he uses the ****ter. Canadians have a habit of skipping that step.

Well, they do have 'free' health care to correct any miss-steps.

coastal
10-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Just make sure Spike washes his hands after he uses the ****ter. Canadians have a habit of skipping that step.
Shut up and get back on the line.

pmoon6
10-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Shut up and get back on the line.HaHaHa, Yes Daddy.

WagonCircler
10-12-2013, 12:47 PM

Ironic, isn't it? You know, being that they call it "the washroom" and all.

pmoon6
10-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Ironic, isn't it? You know, being that they call it "the washroom" and all.Yeah, but Spike calls it the Head. Not because he was in the military, but because of what he does when he's in there.

WagonCircler
10-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah, but Spike calls it the Head. Not because he was in the military, but because of what he does when he's in there.

Wouldn't he call it "the salad" then?

pmoon6
10-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't he call it "the salad" then?He has the salad as dessert.