• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Good riddance, Jairus

Greedy piece of ****.

You got what you wanted, a Pro Bowl berth and most likely a big dollar contract along with a ticket out of Buffalo. No need to risk injury in a meaningless game.

Thanks for bailing on your team, earlier this year, and today.

Good riddance, you really haven't done jack **** to help this defense anyway, other than a few gift INT's against rookie QB's.

I hope your replacement turns into a Hall of Famer.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • JediMindPowers
    • Jan 2009

Re: Good riddance, Jairus

I bet you had these same feelings for Jason Peters, Pat Williams, Andy Levitre and every other Bills player that was actually good.

You are a prime example of why OBD does what it does. OBD counts on fans like you supporting them when they fail to keep good players.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Actually, I supported the re-signing of Peters pretty vehemently, and wanted Williams re-signed also, along with Winfield. Levitre is another story entirely, he never was, and never will be, in those guys' league.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Root for more money in Ralphies pockets!

That'll show Byrd and make this team better!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

This is why the Bills have a perennial 7 win team. Bought the media frenzy, and thought that it was a matter of Byrd not wanting to be in Buffalo. It is about the money, Lebowski. You go to your job, then go to a football game. They go to their job, and it is a football game. Big difference. If Byrd's replacement turns into a HOF'er, you'll be chasing him out of town at the end of his rookie contract too.

Very good rant though...I hope you find the players that are willing to put their bodies on the line out of some pure love for a terribly mismanaged organization.

People may stop believing in Santa Claus, but they'll still believe in their own little fantasies.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Root for more money in Ralphies pockets!

That'll show Byrd and make this team better!
            Originally posted by Beebe's Kid View Post
            This is why the Bills have a perennial 7 win team. Bought the media frenzy, and thought that it was a matter of Byrd not wanting to be in Buffalo. It is about the money, Lebowski. You go to your job, then go to a football game. They go to their job, and it is a football game. Big difference. If Byrd's replacement turns into a HOF'er, you'll be chasing him out of town at the end of his rookie contract too.

Very good rant though...I hope you find the players that are willing to put their bodies on the line out of some pure love for a terribly mismanaged organization.

People may stop believing in Santa Claus, but they'll still believe in their own little fantasies.
            Keep deluding yourselves, because soooooo many players have left Buffalo and had tremendous success elsewhere.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Yeah the Bills really showed Jairus Byrd. He will only get his money from another team instead of signing for millions less to play in Buffalo with the worse team over the past 14 years. We're much more competent then any other team and front office in the NFL though. Our success for the past 14 years proves how stupid every other team in the NFL is. We have the extra salary cap space every season to prove it.

We will show Jairus Byrd who is boss just like we showed Pat Williams, Marshawn Lynch, Antonie Winfield, Willis McGahee, Jabari Greer and countless others that we let go for nothing or practically nothing. They only went on to get paid and play on winning teams after Buffalo showed them who was the boss. At least they got a 1st round draft pick out of Jason Peters when they also showed him who was boss. That beats the alternative of all the 1st and 2nd round picks we've spent on them same positions trying to replace them and then wash, rinse and repeat the process all over again when their rookie contract was up.

For those who says that Byrd is such a waste then why are you sticking up for the front office? If he is that average then they were pretty stupid to use the franchise tag on him this season and pay him just under 7 million dollars. If that's the case then that was a horrible move by them to pay him 7 million this season and not even get a draft pick either. We could've used the franchise tag on Andy Levitre and kept our OL in tact for our rookie QB for at least one more season.
              Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-29-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

Yard Rat with some amazing cognitive dissonance.

Text book stuff.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                  Victimizing The Victimizer
                  • Aug 2012

LMFAO @ A fan who calls a player greedy....

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Byrd is my whipping boy this season...and he's earned it along the way.

I hope he joins Levitre in Tennessee and both of them spend the rest of their careers cleaning out their lockers after the regular season is over.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Keep deluding yourselves, because soooooo many players have left Buffalo and had tremendous success elsewhere.
                      If anything that proves the point even more of how bad our organization is ran. The organization that you keep sticking up for as making smart player moves.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

I hope he joins Levitre in Tennessee and both of them spend the rest of their careers cleaning out their lockers after the regular season is over.
                        You mean like Buffalo has been doing for the past 14 years? At least every other team has made the playoffs since the turn of the century. We really have a leg up on the competition. You sound like we have been a regular playoff team and SB contender during their careers.
                        Last edited by BillsFever21; 12-29-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Wanting to win is the last reason anyone would want to stay in Buffalo.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by JediMindPowers View Post
                            I bet you had these same feelings for Jason Peters, Pat Williams, Andy Levitre and every other Bills player that was actually good.

You are a prime example of why OBD does what it does. OBD counts on fans like you supporting them when they fail to keep good players.
                            LOL

It counts on fans getting all whooped up over the next beauty put out in the front of the lot over which the owner of the lot tells us what a cream puff it's gonna be.

Don't be pinning that crap on fellow fans. It's everyone that pays for tickets to this slop. Just like Oliver Twist, we're all left hungry and wanting more every season. Those that pay to be that way are responsible.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

We should all be happy that Byrd will no longer be part of this disgrace. Let him go elsewhere and try to do something with the remaining part of his career. No need to torture him any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X