PDA

View Full Version : EJ & his brace

Lone Stranger
02-03-2014, 02:31 PM
I believe an important factor in yesterday's SB was the mobility of Wilson and the lack thereof of Manning. Mobility has been an obvious trend in the league for several years now. With EJ wearing a brace there will probably be limitations on his running and on his mobility in the pocket. Manning was most uncomfortable when he had to move. I am worried the same may be true for EJ. I have serious reservations about his ability to be a force in the league.

Meathead
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
its a legit concern

THATHURMANATOR
02-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Why would a brace limit his mobility?

The King
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Fred Jackson wore a brace through most of this season.

justasportsfan
02-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Manning was uncomfortable on the move because that it not his game. Don't think it will be a problem for EJ's mobility.

jimmifli
02-03-2014, 03:10 PM
Fred Jackson wore a brace through most of this season.
And his QB rating was the lowest of his career.

Turf
02-03-2014, 03:12 PM
After watching the caliber of QB play in this playoff, I don't see EJ ever coming to that level. He lacks the accuracy for starters, the arm strength, the pocket presence, and there's a damn good chance he'll be injured by game 4 next year. In the meantime the coaching staff has this blind allegiance to him, and will not draft a meaningful replacement for him, leaving us to waste yet another year. I've already made my assessment of him, he's a good backup. His brace is not the problem, its his arm.

Meathead
02-03-2014, 05:01 PM
every player that wears one says it does limit them somewhat but they adapt

im more concerned why they feel he needs one already. the surgeries were supposed to be relatively minor and if they went well he shouldnt need a brace. at his age after six months he should be strong as ever, so they must be thinking he has some special risk with one or both knees. it doesnt doom him or anything but it is admittedly troubling

DynaPaul
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Your hero Tom Brady wears one.

DraftBoy
02-03-2014, 05:46 PM
every player that wears one says it does limit them somewhat but they adapt

im more concerned why they feel he needs one already. the surgeries were supposed to be relatively minor and if they went well he shouldnt need a brace. at his age after six months he should be strong as ever, so they must be thinking he has some special risk with one or both knees. it doesnt doom him or anything but it is admittedly troubling

Wouldn't read too much into it. Lots of players wear braces to help them with the mental aspect of getting over the injury.

I know under Greg Schiano the Tampa QB's were mandated that they had to wear braces. Most OL do to protect their knees as well.

YardRat
02-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't think 9 months and 10 games qualifies as 'blind allegiance'.

Yasgur's Farm
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
After watching the caliber of QB play in this playoff, I don't see EJ ever coming to that level. He lacks the accuracy for starters, the arm strength, the pocket presence, and there's a damn good chance he'll be injured by game 4 next year. In the meantime the coaching staff has this blind allegiance to him, and will not draft a meaningful replacement for him, leaving us to waste yet another year. I've already made my assessment of him, he's a good backup. His brace is not the problem, its his arm.You've already made your assessment? LMAO.. Just who the **** do you think you are anyway?

GvilleBills
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
For all the questions about EJ, arm strength ain't one of them.

Turf
02-03-2014, 08:14 PM
You've already made your assessment? LMAO.. Just who the **** do you think you are anyway?

Its my opinion in a chat room dickwad. Isn't that why we're here?

Beebe's Kid
02-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Its my opinion in a chat room dickwad. Isn't that why we're here?

Easy...don't upset the EJ brigade.

I will say that you took some very big jumps in your post. The draft hasn't happened yet, has it? FA? Week 4?

I agree with some of your assessment of EJ. The young man does not appear to be able to throw a football too well. That may be problematic moving forward.

Downinfloflo
02-04-2014, 12:19 AM
E.J's a little old for braces..

B-DON
02-04-2014, 03:32 AM
After watching the caliber of QB play in this playoff, I don't see EJ ever coming to that level. He lacks the accuracy for starters, the arm strength, the pocket presence, and there's a damn good chance he'll be injured by game 4 next year. In the meantime the coaching staff has this blind allegiance to him, and will not draft a meaningful replacement for him, leaving us to waste yet another year. I've already made my assessment of him, he's a good backup. His brace is not the problem, its his arm.

Blind allegiance?? come on man. dudes played ten games and was viewed as raw coming out of college. give it some time before you utter ridiculous statements like blind allegiance

swiper
02-04-2014, 04:05 AM
I believe an important factor in yesterday's SB was the mobility of Wilson and the lack thereof of Manning. Mobility has been an obvious trend in the league for several years now. With EJ wearing a brace there will probably be limitations on his running and on his mobility in the pocket. Manning was most uncomfortable when he had to move. I am worried the same may be true for EJ. I have serious reservations about his ability to be a force in the league.

This post is classic of the number of fans that don't understand what they are watching, yet think they do.

Yasgur's Farm
02-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Its my opinion in a chat room dickwad. Isn't that why we're here?You're right... A "chat room" is a perfect place for a 13 year old to call someone a "dickwad".

Oh... And having parroted erroneous opinions too I guess. You have absolutely no basis for citing poor arm strength and pocket ... In fact, the opposite is true.

Night Train
02-04-2014, 07:06 AM
I heard the NFL turned down his request to play with a walker, fearing he would use it on sweeps to ward off tacklers.

tomz
02-04-2014, 07:15 AM

The difference is that Manning was NEVER a mobile quarterback to begin with. EJ will likely be very slightly hindered but his mobility is good. He simply tends to eschew the run to remain in the pocket. I am sure he is referring to a soft brace and he will adapt to it. Plenty of QBs and others wear them/have worn them at times in their careers.

Didn't t Thurman Thomas wear one throughout his career? While he was clearly slow as a donkey, it nonetheless did not appear to be the reason he was so severely limited!

Lone Stranger
02-04-2014, 07:22 AM
This post is classic of the number of fans that don't understand what they are watching, yet think they do.

It would be helpful if you explained what you mean. I've been a season ticket-holder for 40 years and have seen a few games.

trapezeus
02-04-2014, 07:55 AM
mobility is about how you move in the pocket still. i think if youaren't a running qb, the way you buy time in the pocket is just as valuable as moving around for a 5-10 yard gain. look at big ben.

ideally, EJ finds that aspect to his game.

Lone Stranger
02-04-2014, 11:43 AM
I will buy your explanation. However, the context of my comments was to compare EJ to Wilson or Kapernak(sp?) Clearly he falls well short(at least. in my opinion).

JCBills
02-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Luck wears a brace too.