What if we're the highest bidder for Byrd's services ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

What if we're the highest bidder for Byrd's services ?

This may seem crazy but I'm not sure if Byrd is going to get $10 Million a season offer from anyone else but us. $10 Million a year for 5 years is quite a lot for a safety that has foot issues, considering he missed half of last season (including pre-season ). Who pays a injured guy who might not be able to perform a huge guarantee without some type of future protection ?

There's a chance that the Bills called him out on finding more money. The Bills also spent a huge amount of time shopping Byrd & I'll assure you that the very high contract demands spooked more than a few GM's. Byrd May find he priced himself out of the market, with the Bills being his best landing spot.

Go Bills !!!
    Last edited by Skooby; 03-03-2014, 06:53 AM.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: What if we're the highest bidder for Byrd's services ?

It sounds like the relationship is pretty sour, he might take less to go to a better situation.

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Take less to go elsewhere...

Team Russ... culture change!

Comment

• DesertFox24
        • Jul 2005

Hysterical that fans on here expect there to be an instant culture change with regards to how people feel about the Bills.

No one wanted to go to Green Bay until Favre landed there and started winning, then once Reggie Bush signed and they started going deep in the playoffs everyone wanted to go there and took less money from them to stay or go there than they could have received else where.

If the bills can turn it around and go to the playoffs two years in a row or God forbid ever win the division again you will see a change in how appealing Buffalo is.

Look at it from Bryds perspective 5 years here 4 defensive coordinators and constant losing, it gets frustrating. Maybe he will take less to go to a team that has won recently.

You guys want to bash Russ and the Front office but lets be honest until different results are seen on the field we will either have to over pay or get guys like Manny and Branch that are not getting lucrative deals anywhere else.

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

If he rejected what I am reading, than this is just a play to get out of Buffalo. I am sure Parker is filling Byrds head with dreams of endorsement deals and the other perks of getting into a major market. This isn't about money it's about getting out.

And it pisses me off that we're going to make it easy on him.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            This may seem crazy but I'm not sure if Byrd is going to get $10 Million a season offer from anyone else but us. $10 Million a year for 5 years is quite a lot for a safety that has foot issues, considering he missed half of last season (including pre-season ). Who pays a injured guy who might not be able to perform a huge guarantee without some type of future protection ?

There's a chance that the Bills called him out on finding more money. The Bills also spent a huge amount of time shopping Byrd & I'll assure you that the very high contract demands spooked more than a few GM's. Byrd May find he priced himself out of the market, with the Bills being his best landing spot.

Go Bills !!!
            He'll get a deal worth $7 or $8M from some team. So let me ask you, say it's a team like Baltimore or Chicago and you're asked to settle for 20% less, which one are you going to play for?

Keep in mind that Byrd turns 28 this season and this new contract will be his last in his prime.

If he wants a shot at playoffs and a ring, IMO he'd take those offers rather than a few million more to play for a loser.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

I agree with most of the post here. I predict he will sign somewhere else for less money then the Bills offered him. Players get sick of losing.

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

well it's obvious he doesn't want to be here so I would think it doesn't matter how much we off duh

- - - Updated - - -

sorry about the duh just pissed off about stuff
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
                  Hysterical that fans on here expect there to be an instant culture change with regards to how people feel about the Bills.

No one wanted to go to Green Bay until Favre landed there and started winning, then once Reggie Bush signed and they started going deep in the playoffs everyone wanted to go there and took less money from them to stay or go there than they could have received else where.

If the bills can turn it around and go to the playoffs two years in a row or God forbid ever win the division again you will see a change in how appealing Buffalo is.

Look at it from Bryds perspective 5 years here 4 defensive coordinators and constant losing, it gets frustrating. Maybe he will take less to go to a team that has won recently.

You guys want to bash Russ and the Front office but lets be honest until different results are seen on the field we will either have to over pay or get guys like Manny and Branch that are not getting lucrative deals anywhere else.
                  Um, Russ and the FO are WHY we aren't seeing different results on the field.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    Um, Russ and the FO are WHY we aren't seeing different results on the field.
                    The players change but the results remain the same.

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

i can tell you this, if he does go elsewhere to a team perceived to be closer to the playoffs i will be rooting mega hard giggidy for the bills to make the postseason while his new team doesnt just so i cant flip him the big ol byrd
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

I would do cartwheels if he went with Pettine to Cleveland and got plugged into his cover 1 again. The joy of being able to bust the balls of my in-laws for the next couple of seasons would be invaluable.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Um,.
                          Um...

Uh...

LMAO

ROFL...

These are effective ways to begin every post..

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Um...

Uh...

LMAO

ROFL...

These are effective ways to begin every post..
                            Yeah, well, it's testament to the overwhelming stupidity of the posts I'm responding to.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post

that made me laugh. i'm assuming you mean Reggie White because nobody cares about Reggie Bush except Kim Kardashian
                              I came.
                              I saw.
                              I conquered.

Comment

Working...
                              X