• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Report: Jacobs family has had discussions involving the Bills

They don't get into specifics but state that one of the sons could be involved to negate the NFL's rule about owning teams in multiple markets.

Also said the want to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Report: Jacobs family has had discussions involving the Bills

good news to me. i trust a fan and resident to keep the team in the area long term moreso than a hack like trump.

i realize this isn't a done deal, but it's good that they aren't definitively out of the running.

Comment

• mightysimi
      • Mar 2010

Agreed, I'm not sold on a high profile guy like Trump and the Jacobs' suit the team better however anything is better than moving the team.

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

I think having the Jacobs family buy the Bills would be best case scenario. I hope they end up with the winning bid.

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

They are definitely the best case scenario. The key is having someone in the family who is interested in owning the team, not just keeping them from moving.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Let it happen asap.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              good news to me. i trust a fan and resident to keep the team in the area long term moreso than a hack like trump.

i realize this isn't a done deal, but it's good that they aren't definitively out of the running.
              I trust the guy in your avatar.

His Buffalo fan bona fides are unmatched by anyone. Ever.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Well, I have read on this board, the Bills have already packed their bags for Toronto.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Well, I have read on this board, the Bills have already packed their bags for Toronto.
                  If that's supposed to be funny, it fell well short.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                    If that's supposed to be funny, it fell well short.
                    No, I'm serious. There are people on this board that think the Bills moving to Toronto is inevitable.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Please save us from the Donald... not that he has a shot at getting approved by the owners after his USFL debacle anyway.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                        Escaped Convict
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        No, I'm serious. There are people on this board that think the Bills moving to Toronto is inevitable.
                        They have a name for those people.

They're called Canadians.

Comment

• mightysimi
                          • Mar 2010

Ba-zing! You're on fire today.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
                            http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=450270

They don't get into specifics but state that one of the sons could be involved to negate the NFL's rule about owning teams in multiple markets.

Also said the want to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo.
                            I wouldn't trust that part at all. They'll do that because they have to for now, but then in five or six seasons they'll start talking about pushing the team closer to Toronto, again, perhaps just across the border in NF or St. Catherines or whatever, but nonethesame.

That way he won't look like a dishonest cad.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Or rather maybe realists?

Again, if the NFL were putting up a new team today and Buffalo did not have one, the odds of it going to Buffalo would be slim to nil. Buffalo cannot sustain a team by MODERN NFL standards. They struggle every season in that regard.

The NFL is no longer a blue-collar league, but that's what Buffalo and WNY have to offer. Great fans, but no big corporate economic climate and the money that accompanies it.

That much cannot possibly be argued except by the willfully blind or those in perpetual denial.

After that the only argument is whether the NFL truly seeks out corporate support, and we all know the answer to that.

It's a complete slap in the face of both the facts as well as to fellow fans that would love nothing more than for the Bills to stay in Buffalo and get a new owner that would put in a competent front office, to suggest that by them simply not ignoring reality that they're "Canadians."

Same as those talking about how great the team's going to be either "this" or "next" season while being wrong for 15 years in their annual predictions as such and while criticizing those that don't agree and labeling them non-fans.
                              Last edited by Fletch; 04-25-2014, 10:09 AM.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X