X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Thurman Thomas quote on twitter!

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 24m Thurman Thomas: “I have done something that will help the team to stay in Buffalo, I just can’t tell you exactly what I’ve been doing."
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Thurman Thomas quote on twitter!

This might be good.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

What kind of influence could he possibly have?

Comment

• sudzy
          • Apr 2013

Just speculation on my part. Maybe, Thurman was involved in the group that Kelly has been talking about. And now that Kelly is sick Thurman is taking the lead?

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

I know the feeling... I'm doing something right now - but I can't exactly tell what it is

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              What kind of influence could he possibly have?
              Well, he is a HOF player.

I think he has more influence in NFL circles than a 2nd rate has been rock & roller.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

I'd love to believe Thurm. He's a great guy and a true Buffalo guy.

But he has posted things like this before, then reality followed and bore no resemblance to what he posted.

Comment

• Luisito23
                  Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                  • Apr 2003

Yeah, Thurmal is always talking, unfortunately, most of it is nonsense.
                  "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                  ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                  ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                  ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                    Just speculation on my part. Maybe, Thurman was involved in the group that Kelly has been talking about. And now that Kelly is sick Thurman is taking the lead?
                    I think this is the main reason he moved back to Buffalo.
                    I know he was living in Florida for a while then moved back to B LO..
                    GO Gators!!!!!!
                    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                      Mike Rodak@mikerodak 24m Thurman Thomas: “I have done something that will help the team to stay in Buffalo, I just can’t tell you exactly what I’ve been doing."
                      https://twitter.com/mikerodak/status/463092519367348225
                      I'd guess he, like Kelly is climbing on board an ownership group.

Or he whored himself out and wore a french maid outfit for Trump, falling for the fake. Dunno what he was doing when he twittered in that case, don't want to.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Yeah, unfortunately I don't put a lot of stock in Thurman's comments.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
                          I know the feeling... I'm doing something right now - but I can't exactly tell what it is
                          lol

Sounds about right.
                          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                          Originally Posted by pmoon6
                          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Luisito23 View Post
                            Yeah, Thurmal is always talking, unfortunately, most of it is nonsense.
                            He also doesn't have much money, hardly enough to influence any decisions.

If anything he may have been asked to be a part owner, 1% or whatever, just to be a figurehead. Some people seem to think that that's important, and it might be after the fact for marketing purposes, but in terms of influencing the decision, I fail to see how. There's been so much backstabbing in the NFL over the years, Snyder and Jerry Jones are two prime examples.

Far too many people seem to think that money is not the prime influence in the NFL and that essentially broke ex-players, in the grand scheme of things, have some kind of significant influence.

The biggest decison makers in this process are the other greedy money-hungry owners, and they'll do what they see as being best for their wealth portfolios, nothing less. They're not going to care if the team stays in Buffalo unless that's what's going to make them the most money. If that means keeping the team in Buffalo, great, but given the feuds that Wilson's had with the rest of the league, like over stadium naming rights, I said back then that the other owners were probably biding their time merely awaiting what recently happened to happen realizing that Wilson's days were numbered.

They're obviously not going to chime in until a certain amount of time has passed and the emotions over Wilson's passing have cooled.

Who knows if keeping the team in Buffalo makes the most financial sense for the league, but it doesn't seem so based on much of what we've heard over the years and the fact that today's NFL is driven by corporate luxury suite sales and PSLs, both of which Buffalo struggles with.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• WagonCircler
                              Escaped Convict
                              • Jul 2002

Here's an off the wall theory. Let's say Mace is correct (and I REALLY hope he is) in that Mary Wilson has control over who buys the franchise, rather than a sealed bid process.

It would be an interesting PR stunt if a committee were formed, one that included former Bills greats, to advise Mrs. Wilson on who might be the best buyer--the most likely to carry out her late husband's wishes.

It would explain Thurman's involvement, Jim Kelly's involvement, Golisano's public meeting with Brandon, and other oddities, and it would mirror the stadium commission.

Comment

Working...
                              X