• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Top 10 Buffalo Bills age 25 and under

There is a good reason that many experts are bullish on the Bills, despite an iffy quarterback situation and a 14-year playoff drought: they have a lot of young talent.

Galliford does a nice job with these every year. Very interesting to see our talent from this perspective... two tackles, a DT, an emerging corner, an impact LB and three WRs all under 25, not to mention Manuel, Aaron Williams and some solid honorable mentions. Pretty impressive.
  • Thief
    • Sep 2009

Re: Top 10 Buffalo Bills age 25 and under

I think Glenn should be third. And I dont know how Kouandjio is above Manual.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
      http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buff...e-2014-edition

Galliford does a nice job with these every year. Very interesting to see our talent from this perspective... two tackles, a DT, an emerging corner, an impact LB and three WRs all under 25, not to mention Manuel, Aaron Williams and some solid honorable mentions. Pretty impressive.
      Not sure what it amounts to in terms of comps with other teams.

Take the Jets as a simple first example;

Millner
      Brian Winters
      Stephon Hill
      Quinton Coples
      Sheldon Richardson
      Geno Smith
      Demario Davis
      Wilkerson
      Kerley
      Powell
      Damon Harrison
      Antonio Allen

Then add to that their lengthy draft list including

Pryor
      Amaro
      McDougle
      and three 4th rounders along with Tajh Boyd.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

I didn't realize Kouandjio is only 20 years old.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          I didn't realize Kouandjio is only 20 years old.
          He is very young, which is one of the reasons asking him to start day-one may be overly ambitious. Anothony Davis of the 49ers was also very young when drafted and struggled quite a bit as a rookie. Obviously he turned out all right but something to keep in mind with respect to Kouandjio.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            Not sure what it amounts to in terms of comps with other teams.

Take the Jets as a simple first example;

Millner
            Brian Winters
            Stephon Hill
            Quinton Coples
            Sheldon Richardson
            Geno Smith
            Demario Davis
            Wilkerson
            Kerley
            Powell
            Damon Harrison
            Antonio Allen

Then add to that their lengthy draft list including

Pryor
            Amaro
            McDougle
            and three 4th rounders along with Tajh Boyd.
            Good point. I think I like our list better. I think our group definitely has the higher ceiling, especially if EJ pans out.

Comment

Working...
            X