Off season topic: If the Bills moved from Buffalo where might they land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Billy Bison
    • Mar 2003

Off season topic: If the Bills moved from Buffalo where might they land?

After being a longggggg time fan and home boy from Buffalo I hope in my heart of hearts this never comes to pass, but I thought it might be
    and interesting topic during the off season and topics are hard to come by this time of season just before OTA's. Do you think a former NFL City would
    be best suited or some other city for the Bills to land in. What's you opinion?
    11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Off season topic: If the Bills moved from Buffalo where might they land?

Other than LA, I can't think of any.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

Best shot, LA. If not that then maybe Toronto or San Antonio. Wildcard, Las Vegas. Problem, LA can't keep pro football teams to save their life so I don't see that happening, I mean I know LA is a huge media market but will the League want to show a half full stadium three to five years from now when the novelty wears off? Another option is Toronto, this would seem like the strongest, but the pitiful attendance their is what got the Toronto series cancelled. San Antonio, maybe but is Jerry Jones going to want encroachment on his turf. Las Vegas, well lets face it football is all about betting these days, but the NFL will pretend to be anything else at least for a while.

Comment

• Buffalo Billy Bison
        • Mar 2003

Houston had the Oilers, Toronto,Niagara Falls, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Milwaukee, Richmond VA, Louisville, Omaha, Los Angeles, Utah (Salt Lake City), Tulsa OK. Is this question to hard to play with considering it is the off season and I'm not asking you to make a definitive judgement that the Bills are moving but come on get real, or in this case fantasy. Other than LA where do you think the NFL could put the Bills "if" a buyer decided to pay more for the team and wanted to move them.

If the Jets can play in New Jersey and still be called the New York Jets then a team in Niagara Falls can still be the Buffalo Bills!
        Last edited by Buffalo Billy Bison; 06-03-2014, 02:04 PM.
        11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Albany

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
            Albany
            That would be awesome.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Winnipeg

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Who cares?

Comment

• Homegrown
                  Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                  • Jul 2008

Tri-City, Springfield, Shelbyville, or Capital City

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                    • Nov 2007

your mom's house. who cares? if they move, i'm done and so are many other people
                    I came.
                    I saw.
                    I conquered.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

If they move, it will be to the town of TheyreDeadToMe.

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        If they move, it will be to the town of TheyreDeadToMe.
                        No way, the Bills would never move to Flint, Michigan!
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

The Bills are locked in Buffalo forever because the name is a pun that only works in one city.

The Los Angeles Bills? The London Bills? The Toronto Bills?

It's a name that sounds stupid anywhere else in the country (or abroad).

That would be like me changing my username from JoeMama to ZachMama. It would make no sense.

When teams move, they always keep the original team name for at least a couple years before they scrap it for a new one, if ever (see Cardinals/Rams/Raiders).

Linguistics can insulate us from losing our beloved team... and will!

OK, probably not...

But I do like our chances of remaining in Buffalo. I'm not sold on the notion that bigger markets = bigger profits by default. You still need an enthusiastic fan base, an established football culture, and reliable TV viewership.

Cities that are lukewarm toward football can't replicate that, even if they have larger populations or more vibrant economies, because you can't make people who don't care about football magically care about football just because a team moves there.

Plus, people reference the city of Buffalo exclusively as if it's the only source of revenue for the Bills, completely neglecting to mention the fact that greater Western New York and portions of Canada give us a very large pool to draw from. Sure, we struggle with ticket sales for executive suites, which are a definite cash cow, but we're not without resources.

I'm not usually the optimistic type, but I feel pretty good about the Bills staying where they're appreciated long-term.
                          Last edited by JoeMama; 06-06-2014, 06:12 PM.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Elmira
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                            X