Let me get this straight, we sent Dareus away so Doug can keep an eye on him ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Let me get this straight, we sent Dareus away so Doug can keep an eye on him ?

So Dareus has personal issues & we sent him away from the OTA's so Doug Marrone can help keep an eye on him ? Does anyone see the double talk here because obvious if he's not around then Doug Marrone can't help him or try to mentor him now can he ? Doug's worried about his personal life yet he's sent way to handle some personal issues ? What is the team even talking about ?
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Let me get this straight, we sent Dareus away so Doug can keep an eye on him ?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

Re: Let me get this straight, we sent Dareus away so Doug can keep an eye on him ?

Who cares

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
        • Aug 2013

If I saw the offseason walking down the street I would punch it right in the face right now.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Locker room cancer.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

This guy will be out of Buffalo faster than you can say Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, and Jarius Byrd.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              This guy will be out of Buffalo faster than you can say Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, and Jarius Byrd.
              Man, I hope not. No more letting elite players go.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

He hosted a camp for 500 kids yesterday.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  He hosted a camp for 500 kids yesterday.
                  Hopefully it wasn't a driving camp.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
                    Man, I hope not. No more letting elite players go.
                    It's been almost three months, the Bills are just itching to trade somebody away for peanuts or let them walk for nothing. Steve Johnson wasn't good enough to scratch that itch.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

its like putting him into the corner. almost all the other players are at otas, certainly his best friends on the team are, and he has to sit and home and think about what has happened. that whole time that will weight on his head like a lead anchor, if anchors were made out of lead

its a pretty stiff reminder that hes on the wrong path and needs to snap to attention. i wouldnt be surprised if marrone told him exactly that and encouraged him to apologize to his teammates. this takes it out of only hurting dareus territory and puts it into letting your teammates down, which might have more impact on some ppl
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• kishoph
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                        its like putting him into the corner. almost all the other players are at otas, certainly his best friends on the team are, and he has to sit and home and think about what has happened. that whole time that will weight on his head like a lead anchor, if anchors were made out of lead

its a pretty stiff reminder that hes on the wrong path and needs to snap to attention. i wouldnt be surprised if marrone told him exactly that and encouraged him to apologize to his teammates. this takes it out of only hurting dareus territory and puts it into letting your teammates down, which might have more impact on some ppl
                        I'd say it may have also been to keep him away from the wolves of the media.

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                            ... and Ruben Brown, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher.

Letting Lynch go, who's had only one notable season, and not here, was the right thing to do considering that we had Jackson. I wish Jackson had played more when both were on the team, Jackson was a better RB in his prime, definitely more versatile.
                            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                            Originally Posted by pmoon6
                            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                              It's been almost three months, the Bills are just itching to trade somebody away for peanuts or let them walk for nothing. Steve Johnson wasn't good enough to scratch that itch.
                              We had to let Stevie go because Whaley says we want to win now, so that helps us win now.

Oh wait ....

I'm sure that 4th (or maybe 3rd) round pick will come in handy. We've done so much with our 3rd and 4th rounders since Whaley's been here as the top dog in personnel.

3rd's through 2012:

Carrington, Sheppard, Graham

4th's through 2012:

Easley, Searcy, Hairston, Bradham, Brooks

Remember Bradham and how he "should have been a 1st or 2nd rounder"? Remember how everyone here and in other forums talked about him like they're talking about Spikes now?

Anyway, if Graham gets cut this year, as I have to think will be the case, none of the 3rd's will even be with the team anymore.
                              Last edited by Fletch; 06-09-2014, 07:14 AM.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X