• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Ex-49er Dixon Brings Enthusiasm to the Bills

New Buffalo Bills running back Anthony Dixon looks like he’s having fun during practice.
    He’s easy to spot because he has the sleeves cut off his No. 26 jersey, but he’s also bouncing around from drill to drill with obvious enthusiasm.
    “I’m a high-energy guy, that’s what I do,” Dixon said after a Bills spring practice last week. “I bring the noise. I also bring the pain. … I’m just trying to set the tone, set the tempo. I’m definitely trying to make plays and just mesh with my teammates, get the chemistry going so we can win games.”
    Dixon is a power back Buffalo signed as a free-agent from San Francisco. He has a chance to fill a niche in the loaded Bills’ backfield as a short-yardage runner and change-of-pace weapon.

I am loving this backfield.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Ex-49er Dixon Brings Enthusiasm to the Bills

We're all stacked at RB, so I'd plan on us running a lot behind the beef & bulls.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Tashard Choice was excited too.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Take the Bills to the Canadian ballet if you want them to all be excited.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Yeah, if he can manage the same 114 yards on 3.1 yards-per-carry average here as he did in San Francisco, that should push us over the top and into the playoffs.

We was just sayin' how much we needed some enthusiasm.

The $100,000 question is whether or not he's poised. If he's poised like Edwards was, then we could see a 16-0 season and the best backfield we've had since OJ.

Seriously, who honestly reads stuff like this and takes any of it seriously?

A poster commented to me about wasting my time, what little of it I waste, by posting here despite that I try to provide some actual substance. Isn't reading articles like this, about players not even likely to make the 53-man roster, the real waste of time?
          Last edited by Fletch; 06-10-2014, 12:12 PM.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

He'll be a FB/HB hybrid that they utilize to keep it mixed up if I had to guess.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
              Yeah, if he can manage the same 114 yards on 3.1 yards-per-carry average here as he did in San Francisco, that should push us over the top and into the playoffs.

The $100,000 question is whether or not he's poised. If he's poised like Edwards was, then we could see a 16-0 season and the best backfield we've had since OJ.

A poster commented to me about wasting my time, what little of it I waste, by posting here despite that I try to provide some actual substance. Isn't reading articles like this, about players not even likely to make the 53-man roster, the real waste of time?
              Yeah, how can a short yardage back that averages 3.1 yds-per-carry when he only plays when 2 yards or less are needed help any team win?

Comment

• Homegrown
                Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                • Jul 2008

Brings enthusiasm? ... Sounds like a cheerleaders job, oh yeah, RIP jills

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Yes. I can't ****ing stand offseason puff pieces.

"CJ Spiller hoping that last season's production spills over into next season"
                  "Marcell Dareus daring the Bills leadership to not give him more playing time"
                  "EJ Manuel out to prove he is the man for the job"

Remember the ones about Merriman a few years back? It sounded like he was going to be a pro bowler.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Kill any positive posting, AT ALL COSTS !
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Yeah, how can a short yardage back that averages 3.1 yds-per-carry when he only plays when 2 yards or less are needed help any team win?
                      Some understand how the game is won and some let's just say lack.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

I love you guys, all of you ... only the Buffalo Bills fans!
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

Working...
                        X