The Biggest Difference Between EJ Manuel and Every Bills QB Since Jim Kelly Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Biggest Difference Between EJ Manuel and Every Bills QB Since Jim Kelly Is?

Collins, Flutie, Johnson, Van Pelt, Bledsoe, Losman, Edwards, Fitzpatrick.

The biggest difference?

I think he's better than all of them. He's got the physical tools, he's got the mental tools, he most definitely has the will, and perhaps the most important/biggest difference between EJ and previous Bills QB's since Jim Kelly is how his teammates really like him as the leader of their team.

Collins wasn't a leader. Manuel is.

Flutie's ego rubbed too many guys the wrong way. Manuel doesn't really have an ego.

Johnson was a guy who never acted like he wanted to be here. Manuel seems happy to be in Buffalo.

Van Pelt was a good backup. Comparing the Dough Boy to EJ isn't fair.

Bledsoe was less mobile than the Statue of Liberty. Manuel is mobile.

Losman never earned the respect of his teammates. Manuel is far more mature.

Edwards was a gamer until he got his bell rung too many times as a smaller QB. EJ is much bigger.

Fitzpatrick was a gamer too but his arm strength was limited and the long ball wasn't in his vocabulary. EJ can throw the long ball.

Manuel's health is the biggest concern, but I don't think it's the biggest difference between the rest.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Biggest Difference Between EJ Manuel and Every Bills QB Since Jim Kelly Is?

Manuel is black?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Re: The Biggest Difference Between EJ Manuel and Every Bills QB Since Jim Kelly Is?

Manuel makes China Doll look like Lou Gehrig.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

More wishful thinking than fact.

Ej can't even hit a dink better than Trent. He's as durable as Robosack so far. He definitely can't hit the deep ball like JP. I doubt he's as well liked and respected as Fitz was by his teammates.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
          Manuel is black?
          That was the first thing that came to mind with me as well.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Manuel is black?
            Lets go with the 2nd biggest difference.

Comment

• Topas
              German smartass
              • Feb 2014

ROFL. So you find one attribute that he is better in compared to each other QB. But each of the other QBs might be better in 5 other attributes that you always not mentioned.
              You know, e.g. Michael Vick is more athletic than Peyton Manning and he has a stronger arm than Brady. So he is better than both of those QBs according to your logic...

I would say the difference is that he is more injury prone and more inaccurate than the other QBs. Ok, Fitz might be on the same level with regard to inaccuracy, I give you that.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

...Is they're Not Jim Kelly

Get training camp moving. These assinine threads the last month are pure death.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  ...Is they're Not Jim Kelly

Get training camp moving. These assinine threads the last month are pure death.
                  I was about to say. No need to duplicate a post however.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    More wishful thinking than fact.

Ej can't even hit a dink better than Trent. He's as durable as Robosack so far. He definitely can't hit the deep ball like JP. I doubt he's as well liked and respected as Fitz was by his teammates.
                    Just because he has yet to close his eyes and chuck it up for grabs as far down the field as he can throw it doesn't mean he isn't willing to try.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Drew Bledsoe? Doug Flutie? He has a ways to go to prove he's as good let alone better than those two. He's not even at Fitzpatrick status yet, although he did show the ability to make plays at the end of games unlike Fitz who had a knack for throwing the game ending interception.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Manuel makes China Doll look like Lou Gehrig.
                        LMAO
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

The only difference between EJ and everyone on that list is we don't know for sure about EJ yet. He could end up better than everyone on your list or could end up the worst.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

for everyone giving skoobs a hard time for posting, these ultra sugary sweet threads are harder to read. i want EJ to do well, but he has shown absolutely nothing to distinguish himself from kevin kolb at this point. that's being harsh, but he didn't stay healthy and he was fairly volatile. he had some pretty good games and some pretty bad ones in the 10 he played. we all expect that from a rookie. he didn't look better as he wore on which is one sign that it will get better.

so i don't think we have any information to make a solid opinion

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                              He's got the physical tools, he's got the mental tools
                              I've got a lot of tools too but I'm not a licensed carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X