X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Think Terry Pegula Wants To Bring The Super Bowl To Buffalo

Just as much as he wants to win the Stanley Cup.

Terry loves Buffalo. He is a true homer. I don't want anyone else to be the next owner of the Buffalo Bills.

I get the feeling that Terry wants to build a new stadium downtown, with one guarantee from the NFL.

If he buys the team and guarantees to build a new stadium in less than a decade, Buffalo gets to host a Super Bowl within the next 10 years.

There will be plenty of hotel space by then.....and the NFL's criteria to host the big game will be satisfied.

Why does he want to bring a Super Bowl to Buffalo?

Terry is in the real estate business just as much as the oil and gas industry.

I think he knows that Buffalo is a great blank slate of a city with so much future potential to build on.

There's no reason why Buffalo should not be just as successful as Toronto.

Buying the Buffalo Bills is a great business opportunity.

Buffalo is like a great restaurant in desperate need of a fresh 21st century business model makeover.

The Sabres just submitted a proposal to host the NHL Combine for the next 3 years. It took 2 years to prepare.

The Sabres want to replace Toronto as the combine's host. That's worth repeating.

The Sabres want to replace Toronto as the combine's host.

Why?

The NHL Combine generates a lot of business. A lot of people attend the NHL Combine, and they all need a place to eat, sleep, and have fun.

Every team in the NHL has a staff that attends the combine. Players and their families or friends attend the combine. Media from all over America and Canada go to the combine, and the NHL's TV ratings are on the rise. NBC is very happy. The NHL is growing, "market share," is increasing, and Terry Pegula's Buffalo Sabres are worth more now than what he purchased the team for.

You have to spend money to make money.

Negative Nancy's say that city's lose money on Super Bowls.

Tell that to the parking lot attendants, street vendors, restaurant owners and their employees, hotel owners and their employees, private security companies and their employees, insurance companies and their agents, bartenders, every bar and strip joint owner, police getting paid overtime, the lawyers and the State taxes generated that all benefit from a huge influx of business.

Buffalo means business.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: I Think Terry Pegula Wants To Bring The Super Bowl To Buffalo

He can want anything.

Actually making it happen is a different story.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      He can want anything.

The Trust matters most. 4 people. Who do they all trust the most to never say goodbye and keep the Bills in Buffalo?

Sorry, Jon Bon.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
        • Aug 2012

before i read your post i was like no ****, of course he wants the bills to win the super bowl

anyway, i want pegula as the owner. he is a buffalo homer and literally a gift from heaven.

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Like he wants the Stanley Cup? The way he started going about that, by throwing a load of his money at Ville Leino, leaves me doubtful of his abilities.

Comment

• Don't Panic
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Dec 2005

I'm so confused... is BillsImpossible the same person as Mitch Murray Downtown? Or is it that they are just closely related? Could it be that there are two people who start threads (many, many threads) in an extremely similar way? I didn't sleep last night bouncing around the possibilities. I'm stumped.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Pegula for the win.

Comment

• Dr. Who
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Like he wants the Stanley Cup? The way he started going about that, by throwing a load of his money at Ville Leino, leaves me doubtful of his abilities.
                I answered your negativity in another post. Pegula was a bit naive when he started, but he's never been cheap. He corrected course and is now pursuing an intelligent path to building a long-term winner in the NHL.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  He can want anything.

On the other hand, being worth $3.3 Billion can make many of your wishes come true.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                    I Think Terry Pegula Wants To Bring The Super Bowl To Buffalo Just as much as he wants to win the Stanley Cup.
                    How encouraging. I hope he can do for the Bills what he's done for the Sabers. Oh, wait ....

I think I remember reading last week how Buffalo was on the covers of Forbes and the Wall Street Journal as most attractive cities to relocate or start businesses in. Toronto has nothing on Buffalo.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Dr. Who View Post
                    I answered your negativity in another post. Pegula was a bit naive when he started, but he's never been cheap. He corrected course and is now pursuing an intelligent path to building a long-term winner in the NHL.
                    Didn't Tom Donahoe say something similar 14 years ago, and then Marv Levy a few years after that.
                    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                    Originally Posted by pmoon6
                    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Don't Panic View Post
                      I'm so confused... is BillsImpossible the same person as Mitch Murray Downtown? Or is it that they are just closely related? Could it be that there are two people who start threads (many, many threads) in an extremely similar way? I didn't sleep last night bouncing around the possibilities. I'm stumped.
                      Lotsa posts and opinions here leave me stumped.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

One more thing, Buffalo has more rainbows and leprechauns than any other city in the country. No, no, than any other city in the world! Yeah!

Post #46

------

Comment

• Dr. Who
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                          How encouraging. I hope he can do for the Bills what he's done for the Sabers. Oh, wait ....

I think I remember reading last week how Buffalo was on the covers of Forbes and the Wall Street Journal as most attractive cities to relocate or start businesses in. Toronto has nothing on Buffalo.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't Tom Donahoe say something similar 14 years ago, and then Marv Levy a few years after that.
                          Of course, Donahoe and Levy have zero relevance to Pegula. My fuller argument is in another thread. Not that you are particularly interested in logic or rational arguments.
                          Strange, the perverse pleasure many seem to derive from casting gloom wherever they go.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Of course, Donahoe and Levy have zero relevance to Pegula. My fuller argument is in another thread. Not that you are particularly interested in logic or rational arguments.
                            Strange, the perverse pleasure many seem to derive from casting gloom wherever they go.
                            I'm entirely interested in rational arguments and logic. Unfortunately anything related to this topic that claims that Buffalo is a more attractive city than cities like Toronto or even most others that have even sniffed at hosting an NFL team don't contain that logic or rational arguments.

The only people in the world that think that Buffalo is the best city for an NFL team of other options, are those that either live here or grew up here and have connections to the area. There's a reason why many don't live there anymore and have moved out of state. It's not because they like the geographical areas better, necessarily. If we didn't fit that criteria then we wouldn't think that either, let's face it.

Otherwise, do you really think that the 31 other owners don't share the same exact viewpoints that BI claims Pegula does? Of course you know that they do. So let's rehash that logic and rational arguments statement now.

Talk is cheap my friend. As to casting gloom, Wilson, his chosen front office, and the others put in place by them are the ones that cast the gloom, we just sit here and call a spade a spade.

Yeah yeah, I realize that we're going to be 10-6 next season and make the playoffs, and Watkins is going to shatter records as a rookie, Manuel's going to stay healthy and for the first time in his collegiate and pro career not be plagued by inaccuracy issues, and that Spiller's going to, for no reason, revert to his 2012 self and not what he was in 2010, 2011, or 2013, and that Fred Jackson's going to play like a spry young chicken, that Marrone for the first time in his coaching career is actually going to be beating competitive teams on a regular basis, etc.

I get all that. Unfortunately people like you have been lecturing those of us that report, not cast, merely report, this so-called doom-and-gloom for years. To date it's never happened.

Odds of it really happening this season?

Otherwise, sorry, but I didn't see a link to any other thread here, and unlike others that post here, presumably you included, I have other things to do in life besides hit every single thread with some kind of obscure title to it and go through every post just to make sure that my life is complete.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

My fuller argument is in another thread.
                              By the way, if you have a point to make, I suggest that you do it in the thread in question.

Otherwise, go ahead, throw out the link. I'll take a look at it and see how much logic and rational argumentation is involved for you.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X