• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homegrown
    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
    • Jul 2008

Promo film from 1972 ... building of Rich Stadium

it reminds me of the "Dharma Initiative" film from the TV show Lost

Brief film showing construction phase of Rich Stadium in 1972. Narrated by Jefferson Kaye.
    Last edited by Homegrown; 06-18-2014, 05:00 PM.
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Re: Promo film from 1972 ... building of Rich Stadium

Haha a fun trip in the way-back machine

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

That was excellent, thanks!

Brings ya back to a better era of football imo.

color TVs. LOL
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• whkfc
        Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
        • May 2003

That was way too cool.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Big hole.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• WagonCircler
            Escaped Convict
            • Jul 2002

Wow, Jeff Kaye had some pipes. He wasn't John Facenda, but still pretty damn good.

I hope, if the Bills do get a new stadium, the dig it out like they did in Orchard Park. I've gone to some stadiums where getting to your seat is like climbing Mount Everest.

Comment

• whkfc
              Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
              • May 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
              Wow, Jeff Kaye had some pipes. He wasn't John Facenda, but still pretty damn good.

I hope, if the Bills do get a new stadium, the dig it out like they did in Orchard Park. I've gone to some stadiums where getting to your seat is like climbing Mount Everest.
              Miami for example. That place had the biggest escalator I've ever seen in my life.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

That was a very cool video!!

Comment

• THRILLHO
                  This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                  • Feb 2009

This was awesome, thanks for sharing.
                  True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Turf
                    • Jul 2002

My father took me there when they where just digging out the bowl for the field. Amazing when I think of it.
                    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by whkfc View Post
                      Miami for example. That place had the biggest escalator I've ever seen in my life.
                      If I remember right, Charlotte doesn't even have an escalator. Or if they do, it only goes up to the very bottom of the "cheap seats," which go up another 5 miles into the sky.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

This one was waaaay better!

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

"They grab your aura and throw it in the garbage!"