X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Predict The Buffalo Bills 2014 AFC East Division Record

Patriots - In his first game ever, EJ Manuel almost pulled off what would have been one the greatest opening day upsets in NFL history. The last game of 2013 is irrelevant. New England drafted a wide receiver in the 7th round, zero tight ends, and Tom Brady's replacement in the 2nd round. Bills split with the Pats, 1-1.

Dolphins - Thad Lewis beat the Fish twice last year, and the situation in Miami looks grim. Back to back sweeps, 2-0.

Jets - In week 3 of the 2013 NFL season, EJ Manuel's first road game as a pro was a humbling experience losing to the Jets, 20-27. 8 weeks later, the Bills dismantled the Jets in the team's best game of the year. It was Manuel's best game all season. The Jets pass defense ranked 22nd in 2013, so they drafted Calvin Pryor with their first pick, and Dexter McDougle in the third round. The Jets overall offense ranked 25th, and the Bills were 19th.(Seattle ranked 18th). Bills ranked 28th in passing offense, Jets finished 31st. Bills had the 2nd best running game, Jets ranked 6th. I'll take EJ Manuel over Geno Smith any day. Smith recently got his feathers ruffled after Calvin Pryor picked him off in practice, leading Geno Smith to say:

"A little bit, but I don't think he's really earned that right to talk amongst this locker room..."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/40077/geno-smith-brushes-back-pryor

Bills sweep the Jets, 2-0.

5-1.
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Re: Predict The Buffalo Bills 2014 AFC East Division Record

lol

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

3-3 as usual 2 loses to NE. Sweep Miami. Split with Jets

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

2-4

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

6 games against three opponents, twice each. Sorry, that's as good as it gets in June.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            Patriots - In his first game ever, EJ Manuel almost pulled off what would have been one the greatest opening day upsets in NFL history. The last game of 2013 is irrelevant.
            Stopped reading right there.

2-4
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Why predict anything before seeing them in Fisher camp and 5 pre-season games ?

And how do other teams look so glorious to the resident glass half empty people ? Speaks volumes.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• gebobs
                One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                And how do other teams look so glorious to the resident glass half empty people?
                Half empty would be a step in the right direction.
                Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

No pads on, no opinions.

Comment

• gebobs
                    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
                    • Sep 2003

Too early! Wait until Thanksgiving!
                    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

historically, the bills lose both to the pats, split with the jets, and either sweep, split or get swept by the dolphins.

best case scenario to me is 3-3. You want to make the playoffs, you have to do better than that.

i don't see how the bills beat the pats once this season. it's always the same song and dance. Play them close the first one, get smoked the second one. Never a different script. too many variables to believe other wise. and all of the season rests on EJ's shoulders.

defense is pretty good, but new coordinator. Who knows how that goes, but it should be able at the bare minimum be as good as last year. That means EJ and co have to do their part. last year was a big incomplete on EJ. i have no idea if he can or can't do it. but i know after this season, i'll know if i can get on the EJ train or not.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

6-0, Hey if I am going to be a HOMER, go BIG or go home.

Comment

• GreedoII
                          • Aug 2007

4-2...

Sweep Jets
                          Split Mia and NE

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

2-4 sounds about right...Swept by NE, split with everyone else.
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                            X