• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

File To The Means Little File...

The "Around The League Podcast" has spent the past month debating which wide receiver will lead the Buffalo Bills in production this season.

Sammy Watkins has the higher draft pedigree, but Robert Woods currently enjoys a better rapport with quarterback EJ Manuel.

In an interview that will air on Thursday evening's edition of NFL Total Access, Watkins acknowledged to NFL Media's Alex Flanagan that his connection with Manuel remains a work in progress.

"It's not fully there. I mean, we've been connecting at minicamp, and OTAs," Watkins said. "But at the same time, I could be wide open, and if he don't feel it, or if I run it a different type of way, he won't throw the ball.
    So why post it? Because it's the offseason and I'm bored waiting for the NBA Draft to start.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: File To The Means Little File...

If receivers have to be wide open before EJ pulls the trigger just Like last season, I'll be screaming for Tuel time. What's the use of drafting players who can fight for the ball if the qb doesn't have the balls to throw it when they are in single coverage.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      If receivers have to be wide open before EJ pulls the trigger just Like last season, I'll be screaming for Tuel time. What's the use of drafting players who can fight for the ball if the qb doesn't have the balls to throw it when they are in single coverage.
      Let's wait to see the growth before we start screaming about the Tuel time.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I think Jabari Parker can catch 80....wait..
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
          I think Jabari Parker can catch 80....wait..
          Showed up overweight to his workout with Cleveland.
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I said it before, IF EJ can deliver the ball, Sammy will help the Bills reach the playoffs.

Comment

• Mace
              Haha...yeah you think so ?
              • Mar 2013

I just have this feeling it's going to be Scott Chandler again.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                Let's wait to see the growth before we start screaming about the Tuel time.
                We could be waiting a while.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

If I were to guess right now, and assuming neither gets injured, Watkins will have more catches and YAC, but Woods will have more yards and TD's.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

The idea that anybody would scream for Tuel time is a depressing message to the intelligence of the board
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Translation: "I'm open a lot, and this guy doesn't have the tools to get the ball there."
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Wide receivers are always open...on every play...just ask any of them.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

EJ only looks to one side of the field

Comment

• jimmifli
                            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Wide receivers are always open...on every play...just ask any of them.
                            Any of the good ones! A WR that doesn't think he'll win every battle for the ball is a ****ing pussy.

Comment

• Night Train
                              Retired - On Several Levels
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              Showed up overweight to his workout with Cleveland.
                              yeah but Pettine will make him a star with Johnny Football throwing to him.
                              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                              X