X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

"Delaware North Stadium"

Jeremy Jacobs and his family have publicly stated they want to build the Bills next stadium.

Three Questions:

1. Is Delaware North Stadium a good name, or would it be like the Miami Dolphins playing in "Alabama South Stadium?"

2. Does Terry Pegula want to do business with the Jacobs family, or would he rather buy the team and build a stadium himself?

3. How long should the Bills continue to play in Orchard Park? The Bills just spent $130 million on upgrades and renovations at The Ralph.

This article says Bills fans have at least 6 more years in OP.

"The Bills essentially are tied to playing at their current home through the 2019 season."

The family of Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is proposing to build a stadium to help secure the Buffalo Bills' long-term future in the region, two people involved in discussions told The Associated Press.

"Delaware North specializes in sports-related hospitality service, and has a long track record in land development."
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: "Delaware North Stadium"

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
    Jeremy Jacobs and his family have publicly stated they want to build the Bills next stadium.

Three Questions:

1. Is Delaware North Stadium a good name, or would it be like the Miami Dolphins playing in "Alabama South Stadium?"

2. Does Terry Pegula want to do business with the Jacobs family, or would he rather buy the team and build a stadium himself?

3. How long should the Bills continue to play in Orchard Park? The Bills just spent $130 million on upgrades and renovations at The Ralph.

This article says Bills fans have at least 6 more years in OP.

"The Bills essentially are tied to playing at their current home through the 2019 season."

The family of Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs is proposing to build a stadium to help secure the Buffalo Bills' long-term future in the region, two people involved in discussions told The Associated Press.

"Delaware North specializes in sports-related hospitality service, and has a long track record in land development."
    Answers :

1) I'd call the new stadium Pegula North Delaware Pegula Stadium Jacobs.

2) They'd do business, I introduced them myself at a Van Halen concert decades ago and they got along great over some Boone's Farm and Panama Red and discussed what they'd do if one bought a football team and the other could build a stadium. In case you're wondering, I chose a different career path to make less money and remain true to myself.

3) The Palace and Legendary franchise they create will make the remaining time in Orchard Park seem a mustard smudge upon the napkin of history.

4) David Lee Roth obviously. Hagar was much better with Montrose or his own band.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

If he pays for the stadium and it keeps the team in Buffalo, he can put it right at the bottom of the Falls and call it "Ball-Licker Field" for all I care.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

1. No, it's a terrible name. Bring back The Rockpile.
        2. Don't know why somebody with more than enough money to build and own their own house would want to rent a split revenues. I'm not liking the 'partnership' if it happens.
        3. I'd seriously consider putting the 'new' stadium right where the old one is.
        4. Major props to Mace for the Montrose reference.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DieHrdBillsFan23
          Nobody Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills
          • Jan 2006

Delaware North Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium
          Lets Go Buffalo!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

so we are worried about the naming rights before a stadium is even built? before we have a new owner, before we have healthy LB? how do these threads get started?

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              If he pays for the stadium and it keeps the team in Buffalo, he can put it right at the bottom of the Falls and call it "Ball-Licker Field" for all I care.
              That's fine as long as he gets rid of the current front office and refuses to tolerate losers in the FO that put a losing team on the field.

I mean doesn't anyone care about winning over just having a team?

Honestly, if we're going to simply extend our non-playoff making streak to 35 games, who really cares. By then football will have changed so much that it won't even be the same game. There will be 18 playoff teams, no RBs, limited contact, whatever.

Isn't anyone else tired of just "having a team" here? Am I the only one that thinks that if all we're going to get is more Brandon/Littman/Overdorf/Whaley/Nix/Levy crap leaving us vacillating between 2-14 and 8-8 then let the team move?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DieHrdBillsFan23 View Post
              LOL
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
              Originally Posted by pmoon6
              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                so we are worried about the naming rights before a stadium is even built? before we have a new owner, before we have healthy LB? how do these threads get started?
                Sheer boredom and lack of anything real to discuss, coupled with the kick in the balls of Kiko's injury is what spawns these threads.

I agree though, the process will play itself out and not one of us will have a shred of say in the matter. My first and foremost wish is that we get a new owner that besides wanting to keep the team around and having the resources to do so, won't be shy or hesitant about fixing the problems that we have, which are nothing stadium related, they're performance related.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                  I mean doesn't anyone care about winning over just having a team?
                  Those from Buffalo will accept losing forever as long as the team does not move.

Buffalo losing the Bills will force them to admit to what Buffalo now is which they feel is then a reflection of themselves. It brings out the guilt also of those who abandoned Buffalo for greener pastures.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    Those from Buffalo will accept losing forever as long as the team does not move.

Buffalo losing the Bills will force them to admit to what Buffalo now is which they feel is then a reflection of themselves. It brings out the guilt also of those who abandoned Buffalo for greener pastures.
                    Your bitterness oozes with every word you write, honey.

How about we push towards Toronto getting a Nascar track?

Round-E-Rounds in the Great White North!!

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't know how anybody can be so bitter toward a current administration that has been in place for barely over a full calendar year. At least give tham a chance to succeed or fail based on their own merits, not the underachievement of others.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DieHrdBillsFan23 View Post
                        That's a great idea. Nicely done.

Comment

• Famous Amos
                          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          1. No, it's a terrible name. Bring back The Rockpile.
                          2. Don't know why somebody with more than enough money to build and own their own house would want to rent a split revenues. I'm not liking the 'partnership' if it happens.
                          3. I'd seriously consider putting the 'new' stadium right where the old one is.
                          4. Major props to Mace for the Montrose reference.
                          Just commenting on your first one. if the Bills continue the tradition of naming a section of the new stadium after the old stadium. We're looking at the endzones seats possibly being nicknamed "The Ralph" which could be fitting if the Bills continue to suck. Cheap seats, kind of crazy, lots of drunks. Itll fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                          its July and I'm on vacation for once.
                          "Hate is a lack of imagination."
                          -Graham Greene

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post

I don't really accept losing forever Spiked. Same token, sure the team leaving is a reflection of me and I am not who I was. I don't worry about who left or isn't here, you love the same team I do and aren't here.

Buffalo is not doing well, it has its moments and chances, mostly takes too long to seize them or fumbles the opportunities. Anyone knows it who has been here, it has its chances and moments. Has a charm, some great people who keep hoping.

It's not real fair to say I accept losing no matter how much it annoys you. But yeah, I'll accept invested losing more than not having anything. The city is slowly fading like I am, like you are too. Would be great to go out a winner, but how many of us do ? You've had your issues too. Wanting it to be better doesn't always work, you get stuck accepting fate. So it goes.

Sort of gets to a point.....you keep hoping for what you love even when you have no chance for it. And sometimes you get the chance. SO wait and see what happens this time, again.

Comment

• ICRockets
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2008

Honestly, if it isn't Ralph Wilson Memorial Stadium, the name is wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X