X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

This Article Might Make You Feel Better

This article was from May and I'm pretty sure the guy who wrote it was on the John Murphy Show a few weeks back.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Secret Superstars 2014: Bills

Peter Damilatis | May 20, 2014

Bradham finally earned two starts in the Bills last four games, and when all was said and done his +6.3 run defense grade was the best of any Bills linebacker last season.

He earned the eighth-best run defense grade of any inside linebacker in the NFL, despite playing a quarter of a season’s worth of snaps.

And with five positive grades in his final six contests, he once again headed into the offseason with some momentum.
    Competition in 2014
    ...Moats may have left in free agency, but the addition of Spikes, Keith Rivers, and third-round draft pick Preston Brown, along with incumbent Manny Lawson, creates fierce competition for playing time in new coordinator Jim Schwartz’s 4-3 scheme. Spikes, as our highest-graded run-defending inside linebacker for two years running, is likely assured a starting spot, but there’s reason to believe Bradham can be the one to win the job aside him and Alonso.

Buffalo has been a bottom-five team in rushing yards allowed for each of the last five seasons....

If Bradham finds his way onto the field more often, the 2014 Bills become an even better bet to buck their recent history.

• GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: This Article Might Make You Feel Better

Doesn't make me feel better, at all.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Dreams, we lost a huge talent. Lets not sugarcoat it, there's kitty litter in our soul.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

When one door closes, another opens. I hope...
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Dreams, we lost a huge talent. Lets not sugarcoat it, there's kitty litter in our soul.
          We can blame next season in Alonso - a scapegoat in absentia.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

Makes me feel bitter

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Sure it totally sucks... But..

We have the...

1) opportunity to witness the emergence of Nigel Brandom
              2) opportunity to comprehend the potential of Preston
              3) opportunity to anticipate what the peak of Manny Lawson's career will be.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

LMAO

I just started reading through this guy's articles and found this one;

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

He agrees that Mario is ridiculously overrated/overpaid.

By the way, he seems to do these "diamond in the rough" kinda pieces for many teams. I can't imagine that he's right on them all.
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Here's what this guy said about us last season at this time.

He was wrong about Marrone/Spiller. He was off on Mario and even states so in the previous article of his that I linked.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

I'm not sure this guy should be listened to at all, here's what he said about Carrington last year, our "Secret Superstar."

Carrington got hurt but didn't do jack in three games before being injured. He's such a super star that he's on the Rams now in a one-year deal.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                    X