• BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

Preston Brown 2013 Highlights

6'1 255lbs and growing.

#2 stops the runs.

• Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Preston Brown 2013 Highlights

Brown's strengths are in run support, by all accounts he's not good against the pass. With Kiko out and Byrd gone, I think that our back 7 may be in trouble. Those were were our two best pass defenders.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Preston Brown is going to be a good one.

Kiko is a big loss we all acknowledge that ... Byrd is not a Buffalo Bill so I don't give a **** about him anymore.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Every scheme is different. Let him play in camp & pre-season to see what he can actually do. If Schwartz, Pepper Johnson and others like him already, that's probably a good thing.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
          Preston Brown is going to be a good one.
          And you know this how?

A. Our recent history with 3rd round picks
          B. The greatness of our front office
          C. The fact that Brown was a 4th to 5th round projection in the Draft
          D. All of the above

Bill Walsh once said the same thing about Trent Edwards.

The truth is, as PFT reports this a.m., that Brown looked good in the middle, but Kiko can play all LB positions. Brown also stinks against the pass like Spikes. That's the opposite end of the spectrum as Kiko.

I guess that if you're into deceiving yourself for a few months this line of thinking is fine, but in his senior season he logged sacks only against 2-10 Temple, Miami who was overrated, and 2 against a I-AA team. He wasn't known for stepping up against better competition.

The loss of Kiko is going to sting, big time. You don't just replace a guy that played like him like that anymore than we do with Searcy or Williams replacing Byrd.

It's funny, you guys seem to think that if you can muster popular opinion then something will happen.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Every scheme is different. Let him play in camp & pre-season to see what he can actually do. If Schwartz, Pepper Johnson and others like him already, that's probably a good thing.
            Agreed, and the word from a PFT report this a.m. was that he only impressed as a MLB. So now we have Spikes and Spike Lite to play the same position. Brown is not an OLB, otherwise he would have been listed as one in his draft profile.

I'm sure that Rivers will step right in and fill Kiko's shoes seemlessly.

Post #46

------

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

I think we'll see Nigel Bradham stepping in for Alonso and making a name for himself this year. Losing Alonso for the seasaon does suck, but he's not yet at a point in his career where he's irreplaceable.

Comment

Working...
              X