Jon Bon Jovi officially part of Toronto ownership Group.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whkfc
    Theres Fast Food, Then Theres KFC
    • May 2003

Jon Bon Jovi officially part of Toronto ownership Group.

Booooo!!!
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Jon Bon Jovi officially part of Toronto ownership Group.

There's no business like show business.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Scumbag College
      • Oct 2002

He can make bull**** music and have enough money to bid on buying an NFL team to move to Canada?

Satan is kicking himself for making a deal with this guy.
      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

This was interesting...

The next step is for prospective bidders to submit another set of forms — including their own financial information — by July 29 to gain more access to the Bills' financial information.

So even with signing the NDAs they did not get full financials.

The article says that the Bills made $30M in 2013 but are expected to make $60M by 2019.

$30M on a $1B purchase is a 3% return. Not great.

We do have to remember that unlike Ralph, the new owner gets a tax write-off of the purchase price over a period of time. That helps.

Even if the team makes $60M in 2019, a purchase price over $1B does not give an owner an incentive to put his own money into a new $1B stadium and still have relatively cheap tickets while the fans drink for free in his parking lot.

Something has to change.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
          • Aug 2013

The level of rage that I feel over even the idea of the Bills moving is kind of scary to me.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

What worries me is that that $400M price tag to move the team is getting smaller based on that info.

Of about 60 nondisclosure forms sent out by Morgan Stanley in June, at least 10 of have been returned,

At least we know that at least 10 parties have returned the info which is concerning. I don't like that "at least," and we only know of what, four or five (?), parties that claim to want to leave the team here.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
              The level of rage that I feel over even the idea of the Bills moving is kind of scary to me.
              I understand buddy.

I grew up in Hamilton.

The truth is that neither of us could have made the living that we did if we stayed in our hometowns.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

So Mary Wilson/Littman have no say on who they sell to ?

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

I want the Bills to remain in Buffalo for my lifetime.

However, here would be the game plan if you wanted to move the Toronto at the end of the lease in 2022:

(1) Buy the team at a higher price than the other bidders and say you are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

(2) Raise prices by 20+% per year to get the tickets to the average price by 2019 and test the Buffalo market.

(3) Fake interest in the stadium location process knowing full well you ain't spending a dime of your own money in Buffalo.

(4) Publicly embarrass the Buffalo business community for not committing to long-term newly increased pricing for suites.

(5) Build a case so you can go to the NFL owners before 2020 and successfully argue the Buffalo area simply isn't willing to support a NFL team at the average cost of doing so.

(6) Find a developer in the Toronto area who is willing to mostly finance a $1.5B stadium since the government up there will do no more than perhaps infrastructure development.

(7) Basically humble the Buffalo area until it accepts what it is today.

Sad.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

I wish a slow, painful death on him and all his associates.

And on ******* Canadians like the one in the post above.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                      • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Depends on the terms of the Trust.

Regardless, a local owner has to buy within 10 - 15% of a non-local owner who says they are committed to keeping the team in Buffalo just to avoid a potential tax evaluation problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                      I wish a slow, painful death on him and all his associates.

And on ******* Canadians like the one in the post above.
                      The same piece of crap that you have always been.

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

Until we hear something differently definitively there's no reason to think that the team is not going to the highest bidder.

Many people here don't understand how trusts work. Trusts act in accordance with a prescribed, not postscribed, set of instructions by whomever set up the trust, in this case presumably Wilson.

I don't know how one of those instructions could possibly be that an owner keep the team in Buffalo for any prescribed period of time. The new owner will be the owner and the team will belong to him.

Even if there were a stipulation that stated that the team had to be sold to a party willing to keep it in Buffalo, that could be fulfilled in a few seasons of keeping the team in Buffalo, and which potential buyer in his right mind won't promise to do that. All they have to say is I have no plans for moving the team, which would be true, today.

So expect this to come down to the highest bidder. Anyone thinking that any of the Wilsons care is fooling themself. Supposed the one that cared the most is now dead and he could have actually prevented this fiasco but chose not to.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Bills aren't moving. I have a rich friend with inside knowledge who likes tacos.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            There's no business like show business.

I'm waving my zippo.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

I can remember when Kentucky Fried Chicken tasted DELICIOUS.

Colonel Sanders would roll over in his grave if he tasted the CRAP KFC sells today.

Comment

Working...
                              X