X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thundering Buffalo
    • Jan 2010

"SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

We're all worried about EJ's development and who's going to replace Kiko but the message that came across load and clear from the Bill's faithful was Bon JOVI can eat *****!!! Unfortunately I don't live in Buffalo to be there to keep it going so I'm hoping the Mafia keeps the chant alive and louder as camp goes on. A few banners at the HOF game should get some national attention as well
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: "SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

Yea because that's the mature way of conducting business.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
      Yea because that's the mature way of conducting business.
      SCREW MATURE!

Bills fan need to let Bon Jovi with the rest of the Toronto group know in no uncertain terms it is going to be HELL for them until 2020 if they buy the Bills.

Good to let the rest of the NFL know that as well.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

mature is also not moving a team from a place they can be successful in.

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

While all seemingly fun and dandy, this kind of stuff doesn't add anything to the team. We have zero control over new owners.

I wish that these same fans had shared that sentiment about the front office since they've been bungling the team's affairs in a huge way. Maybe something would have changed for the better and we'd actually be good then. Fans seem to care more simply about having a team as sihtty as it is, than having a good one for as long as they're here.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
            While all seemingly fun and dandy, this kind of stuff doesn't add anything to the team. We have zero control over new owners.

I wish that these same fans had shared that sentiment about the front office since they've been bungling the team's affairs in a huge way. Maybe something would have changed for the better and we'd actually be good then. Fans seem to care more simply about having a team as sihtty as it is, than having a good one for as long as they're here.
            A crappy team is better than no team.

There is always hope a crappy team can improve.

As you said maybe things would have changed for the better if fans were more vocal about the team before, but this is about the life & death of the Buffalo Bills as a team.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i think most fans know new ownership will mean the end of russ brandon. if a new owner keeps russ brandon at the top, i'd be really irritated.

and i'd be more than happy to start the billboard move to get brandon fired.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                SCREW MATURE!

Bills fan need to let Bon Jovi with the rest of the Toronto group know in no uncertain terms it is going to be HELL for them until 2020 if they buy the Bills.

Good to let the rest of the NFL know that as well.
                Yes and there are plenty of ways to do that outside of being a complete embarrassment.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  mature is also not moving a team from a place they can be successful in.
                  And who gets to determine what is successful or not? I don't want the team to move, but I also don't want to look like a bunch of jackasses in the process. We already went through one idiotic embarrassment with that stupid billboard stunt a few years ago we don't need to relive that.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Thick skin. In this "reality" society, those chants will happen because it plays well on youtube.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      i think most fans know new ownership will mean the end of russ brandon. if a new owner keeps russ brandon at the top, i'd be really irritated.

and i'd be more than happy to start the billboard move to get brandon fired.
                      Don't worry about that. Russ' days are over when the new owner arrives.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Yes and there are plenty of ways to do that outside of being a complete embarrassment.
                        OK let's hear some GOOD ideas from you about how to do that.

I see nothing embarrassing about signs & heckling of Bon Jovi myself.

They can be humorous, they don't have to be crude.

Comment

• coastal
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

What a bunch of homos.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            What a bunch of homos.
                            You must feel welcome & at home.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

And who gets to determine what is successful or not? I don't want the team to move, but I also don't want to look like a bunch of jackasses in the process. We already went through one idiotic embarrassment with that stupid billboard stunt a few years ago we don't need to relive that.
                              i always thought it was so ridiculous that people felt like that was a classless move. to let jauron fill out the extension after blowing hte 2008 season and then just coaching as a lame duck was unbearable. without that billboard, the bills would have kept him there.

jauron seems like a nice guy but watching 2-3 more years of his football would have killed any support.

the bills don't listen to their fanbase. if they did, russ would have been gone the day he signed the toronto game over and if not, the day he re-upped the contract after it clearly failed.

Comment

Working...
                              X