X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Boy, this wasn't very encouraging

I was just googling for Bills news, part of my daily regimen, and ran across this ditty from today across the border.

It's a good piece insofar as info goes, but hardly encouraging. It implies the much greater suitability for the team north of the border.

Lots of viable locations and lots of good traffic/transportation options that Buffalo/WNY does not have.

Also, and maybe this is the paranoia in me, is it possible that the Bon Jovi group was set-up to take heat for a move to Canada to draw the kind of ire that it is so that another group might do the same on the QT? I realize that that's rhetorical, just throwing it out there.

IDK, I guess as fans we've watched as hardly anything good has happened to this team since Polian left and I'm always waiting for that other shoe to drop which happens so often that I wonder how many "other shoes" there are.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Boy, this wasn't very encouraging

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
    I was just googling for Bills news, part of my daily regimen, and ran across this ditty from today across the border.

It's a good piece insofar as info goes, but hardly encouraging. It implies the much greater suitability for the team north of the border.

Lots of viable locations and lots of good traffic/transportation options that Buffalo/WNY does not have.

Also, and maybe this is the paranoia in me, is it possible that the Bon Jovi group was set-up to take heat for a move to Canada to draw the kind of ire that it is so that another group might do the same on the QT? I realize that that's rhetorical, just throwing it out there.

IDK, I guess as fans we've watched as hardly anything good has happened to this team since Polian left and I'm always waiting for that other shoe to drop which happens so often that I wonder how many "other shoes" there are.
    Actually, it is very encouraging. The lease stipulates the Bills can not be sold to anyone that has intentions of moving them.

And after reading the last article in the Toronto Sun that said the Toronto group will not bid much over $1 Billion, I am more concerned that someone will make a LARGE bid on the Bills to move them to LA.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

The Bills' trust know the Toronto group is lying and wants to move the team to Canada, and they have no chance getting the team.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

I am done with the team if they are no longer in the US.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
          So you would be fine if they were in LA?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
            How about in Niagara Falls Canada but Still the Buffalo Bills ?

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

So why would someone buy the bills to move them when there are three other teams that are on yr to yr leases with no break clauses? And why would the nfl let the afc east get screwed up when 2 of those 3 teams are on the west coast?

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                So why would someone buy the bills to move them when there are three other teams that are on yr to yr leases with no break clauses? And why would the nfl let the afc east get screwed up when 2 of those 3 teams are on the west coast?
                Those teams are not for sale.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  The Bills' trust know the Toronto group is lying and wants to move the team to Canada, and they have no chance getting the team.
                  You're assuming the Bills trust cares whether the team moves. Everyone assumes that but no one actually knows.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    You're assuming the Bills trust cares whether the team moves. Everyone assumes that but no one actually knows.
                    Well, we do know that according to the lease, they are not allowed to sell to anyone that plans to move the team.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Well, we do know that according to the lease, they are not allowed to sell to anyone that plans to move the team.
                      And the Bon Jovi group has said publicly they aren't going to move the team. Everyone knows that's not true, but if they're the highest bidders, then the trust has their plausible deniability.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                        It's funny that you know what's in the trust. No one else knows, every serious article on the subject states plainly that no one knows.

Except you of course.

Presumably you know who will win the bid, so who is it there Mr. Wizard?

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          It's funny, that's a fact, but a number of people here think that their opinion and preference in the matter means more to all of these billionaires and to the NFL.

Kinda enlightens us as to their opinions on the team and its performance.

Post #46

------

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            It's funny that you know what's in the trust. No one else knows, every serious article on the subject states plainly that no one knows.

Except you of course.

Presumably you know who will win the bid, so who is it there Mr. Wizard?
                            It is also in the lease, that the Trust can not sell to someone that plans to move the team.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              It is also in the lease, that the Trust can not sell to someone that plans to move the team.
                              Source?

We've seen numerous sources say the exact opposite on this. Cite it or quit saying it.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X