X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Buffalo Bills Sale Has Turned Into A Circus

The sale of the Buffalo Bills has evolved into an event Ringling Bros and Barnum & Baily would have been proud of.

[More at link]
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Buffalo Bills Sale Has Turned Into A Circus

Funny piece.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

"Here’s what I think: Pegula has not as of yet offered anything close to $1.3 billion. Trump stands about as much of a chance as being approved by the league to buy the Bills as I do, and the Toronto group is maybe at $1.1 billion."

Yeah, he's got his finger on the pulse of reality.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jimmifli
        • Nov 2006

Click bait. No information, just trying to steal some sports traffic by being a dick. Don't click it. Don't read it. Don't play with dicks.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Or maybe the deadline was not a solid deadline at first. Or maybe they want more than 2 "real" bidders (excluding Trump)

The guy could be right. But he seems to speculate a lot and likes to throw out terms like circus to sensationalize the process
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
            • Jun 2024

But a funny thing happened. There was scant interest in buying the Bills. Of the 60 non-disclosure agreements Morgan Stanley sent out, only three offers have come in–Bon Jovi’s band, Trump and Pegula.

That is the part that should be of concern to the Bills remaining in Buffalo after the current lease expires.

It looks like Pegula will be purchasing the Bills now, but to assume he will then put in his own money into a new stadium for a team that is unattractive to purchase is a huge leap in faith.

The economic fundamentals are simply not there can be the only reason interest in purchasing the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo is so low.

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
              Click bait. No information, just trying to steal some sports traffic by being a dick. Don't click it. Don't read it. Don't play with dicks.
              I don't know whether he knows something or not. I've never been a fan of his writing, so I generally avoid it. I just feel that he fancies himself as witty and comical when he is neither. He's generally annoying in my opinion, so I didn't read the article once I saw who the author was. Other than that, I actually enjoy most of Forbes' writers.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                But a funny thing happened. There was scant interest in buying the Bills. Of the 60 non-disclosure agreements Morgan Stanley sent out, only three offers have come in–Bon Jovi’s band, Trump and Pegula.

That is the part that should be of concern to the Bills remaining in Buffalo after the current lease expires.

It looks like Pegula will be purchasing the Bills now, but to assume he will then put in his own money into a new stadium for a team that is unattractive to purchase is a huge leap in faith.

The economic fundamentals are simply not there can be the only reason interest in purchasing the Bills and keeping them in Buffalo is so low.

No concern at all to Bills fans.

Most likely only three offers because of restrictions tied into the sale of the Bills & everyone knows Pegula will get the team...................& keep it in BUFFALO.

SUCK IT.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  No concern at all to Bills fans.

Most likely only three offers because of restrictions tied into the sale of the Bills & everyone knows Pegula will get the team...................& keep it in BUFFALO.

SUCK IT.
                  Since you are the one that believes the Bills are a charity case perhaps it is you that should do the sucking.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Having been involved in numerous M&A auctions as part of my day job, I think the piece in the article about extending bid deadlines is a bit disengenous. Even in non-robust auctions where there are a limited number of bidders there is typically a second round of the process where additional due diligence materials are made available to the bidders who are chosen to move to the next round.

For sure, the bankers and everyone else involved will try and use Trump and the Bon-Jovi group to drive up the price Pegula is willing to pay. No doubt he is the preferred bidder at this point (there usually is).

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                      Or maybe the deadline was not a solid deadline at first. Or maybe they want more than 2 "real" bidders (excluding Trump)

The guy could be right. But he seems to speculate a lot and likes to throw out terms like circus to sensationalize the process
                      They've confirmed that from day one. Even the local articles have said that the trust has within its authority to change the dates/deadlines.

Whether they will or not, and it sounds like they may, is another thing.

Post #46

------

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Since you are the one that believes the Bills are a charity case perhaps it is you that should do the sucking.
                        I NEVER said they were a Charity case......................you did.

I said people that LOVED BUFFALO & the BILLS would make sure the team stayed in BUFFALO.

Now run/skip along & suck on your gay girly drink Spiked Lemonade.
                        Last edited by better days; 08-01-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Or, alternatively, some of these people got scared off because of how serious Pegula is and they decided not to worry about.

I don't know if that is the truth or not, but it is certainly feasible
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                            Even in non-robust auctions where there are a limited number of bidders there is typically a second round of the process where additional due diligence materials are made available to the bidders who are chosen to move to the next round.

That was planned and is still happening. The Bills are to give more financial disclosure and then the bidders are to make binding bids.

That hasn't changed.

What has changed is an extension of the initial deadline in an attempt to obtain more than 3 bidders.

There is nothing wrong with that but it is only done when the process does not get enough initial bidders.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
                              Or, alternatively, some of these people got scared off because of how serious Pegula is and they decided not to worry about.

I don't know if that is the truth or not, but it is certainly feasible
                              I figured that would be the spin, but the truth is if the Bills were that attractive in Buffalo, more big money would have showed up given how rarely NFL teams go up for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X