A whole lot of you here need to read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

A whole lot of you here need to read this!

Ralph Wilson's will leaves no clue about sale of Bills

It clearly dismisses what those of you that claim to know the most regarding the sale of the team insist is true.

I defer my entire past postings on the subject to this piece.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: A whole lot of you here need to read this!

Keep dreaming.
    Last edited by The King; 08-03-2014, 06:46 AM. Reason: Tos violation

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

I love how you guys address the facts and then admit that you're wrong. It's comical.

Then again, this isn't exactly the local repository for factual information.

It's hilarious what happens when your arguments break down after the facts are revealed.
      Last edited by Fletch; 08-02-2014, 03:00 PM.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I don't understand. No one knows what's in the trust except the people who are part of the trust and a handful of lawyers and bankers advising them. That's not news.

are there people claiming they know?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
          Buffalo Bills Fan
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

It clearly dismisses what those of you that claim to know the most regarding the sale of the team insist is true.

You deleted your rant, too.
          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

Fletch, do you live in Canada, by chance?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

I place my life on one article of speculation, LOL. You bet on that horse, it's all a guess & it's what you deserve.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

"Did the Bills founder -- whose loyalty to Buffalo was legendary -- plan his estate to include a provision encouraging or even requiring the trust that now controls the team to sell it to an owner who would agree to keep it in Buffalo?

We may never know the answer to that question...."

Last edited by BillsImpossible; 08-02-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                  • Mar 2013

Seeing as Ralph's loyalty to Buffalo was indeed legendary, isn't the answer to the above question quite obvious?

Why would a man who built his entire life and legacy want to throw it all away in the end?

Did Ralph make certain arrangements to keep the Bills in Buffalo?

Do bears crap?

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Lol....seriously? What exactly is that article supposed to prove, or disprove?
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      Nada.

In a way the article answers its own question.

Ralph Wilson was incredibly loyal to Buffalo until his final breath. He died owning the Buffalo Bills, and vowed to never let go until the end.

The Buffalo Bills were his baby, and he never flew the coop.

Ralph was old school. Loyalty meant a lot to him. He could have sold the team a long, long time ago but never let go.

So why would Ralph Wilson NOT make sure his legacy was maintained where it all started?

The man had a 100% track record in terms of loyalty in his 54 years as owner of the Buffalo Bills, but some people still think Ralph Wilson hasn't done enough.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

Fletch, did you read the article all the way through? It said a charitable trust would mean it would have to go to highest bidder and initial indicators are that it isn't as it doesn't show up in system, though there may be a lag. So this article doesn't prove that the team has to move as you have repeatedly said in every post you put out (aside from the times you take a break to **** on the Watkins pick).

You have to realize why people hate your negativity so much. In preseason to just keep bashing your tune that they could move with this air of knowing is tiring.

Yes the team has major warts on how it's run and who is in charge.
                        Yes there is a possibility that the team could move
                        Yes it's likely that they will miss the playoffs again.

But it's ****ing August. Homers and realists alike are talking about what they actually want to see. Like EJ improve, or the draft class to pan out, or coaching to be more strategic, or for the team to be sold to an owner who is vested in the community. Even posters like myself that rag on the team during the season, can at least say, "I hope Watkins is they thing to get ej to look good and keep the chains moving" but you can't even do that.

Once the season starts and plays count, you'll see the division amongst homers and realists. But right now, all fans are talking about optimism or potential optimism

Your tone is only to set up the likely scenarios and say "see I told you". And to have that with the location of where the team isn't in buffalo makes you a gigantic douchebag. All the stuff you post to prove that they are moving isn't as strong as people like pegula and golisano staying. You discount that they have other investments in the area where bills ownership helps their overall bottom line.

You dismiss nfl ownership approving a lease that makes it hard for the team to leave. If the owners didn't want a team here, they could have said with their votes. It would have been easier to have a year to year lease than sign this. You wouldn't have taken a ten yr restrictive lease with a 95 yr old owner

You dismiss that if 16-30 prospective buyers asked for the package and didn't put in a NONBINDING bid, it has a higher chance to be about relocation than it does about profitability. If I went to an auction and I could bid on something I wanted on my terms on a NONBINDING basis, why wouldn't I just submit my bid and see if I get something I want? It would have to be epicly poor performance for those prospective buyers to say "I looked at it, this thing is hemorahing money annually, I don't want a money pit" Perhaps performance so weak a league of owners would have stopped a lease from being signed 10 years. And even if $1.3bn isn't accurate, the 3 bidders have submitted above the forbes estimated value of $800mm. So why would three groups pay more than the present value if the others dropped out?

It seems like prospective bidders know about restrictive relocation covenants and 6yr risk prior to moving is too rich for their blood.

Where are your answers to common sense and logic? It will be in the unwavering form of "but they could move" repeatedly and ad naseum. You'll be writing tombs to every single post that more or less simply say they want the team they love to stay. But you seemingly enjoy taking a deuce on it, repeatedly.

So that's why you get the negativity and I truly hope if pegula wins, you and spiked take this tiresome act to another board.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Wills must go through probate court. Trust are set-up to avoid probate courts and actually are set-up to provide more details of wises than the wills. The wills really are not necessary when a good trust is in place... But they generally exist as back-ups to the trusts.

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            It proves that in Michigan a will is not privy to the public, unlike a lease made up in Erie County, N.Y. that states everything the OP says doesn't exist does.

To the OP, if you're going to keep trying to dig up everything negative (or what you and some hack perceive as negative) about the Bills, at least make it fresh and not something that most posters here seen 2 days ago.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
                              It proves that in Michigan a will is not privy to the public, unlike a lease made up in Erie County, N.Y. that states everything the OP says doesn't exist does.

To the OP, if you're going to keep trying to dig up everything negative (or what you and some hack perceive as negative) about the Bills, at least make it fresh and not something that most posters here seen 2 days ago.
                              That sort of sets that the background is uncertain but doesn't make any point besides that the point is uncertain.

Mostly means we can't know what we don't know until we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X