A bidding war – and tug of war – over a quick Bills sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Excerpts:
    On top of that, other bids already could have been submitted, or may still be coming, from prospective owners who are respecting the NFL’s penchant for secrecy.
    “I didn’t believe it when I first saw there were only three, and I still don’t believe it,” Ganis said. “I’ve heard nothing that would cause me to believe or rely on that number.”

“As they go through the process, the prices can go up or down from the indicative bids,” as more due diligence takes place, Ganis said. “Then the finalists will meet with management, and people can get more excited or less excited.”

Other than that just more uncertainty. It seems that much of what we think are facts here are simply rumors. All the cards in this are being held very closely to the trust's vest.

It should make us wonder where these numbers are coming from if they're not accurate, lile the $1.3B by Pegula for example, or the notion that only three parties have submitted bids. They all seem to be coming from opinion piece articles but nothing ever quotes anyone involved in the trust.

Also, this;

That’s because the NFL, while possibly aiming to approve a sale at the October ownership meetings, may not be in as big a rush to complete the deal as the Wilson trust is. NFL experts said the league’s vetting and approval process for the new owner could drag on for weeks or months.

The whole thing is pretty frustrating.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• WagonCircler
    Escaped Convict
    • Jul 2002

Re: A bidding war – and tug of war – over a quick Bills sale?

Hey, Felch, look at this! This is from the TORONTO Sun.

Pessimism drapes the Toronto group bidding on the Buffalo Bills, QMI Agency has learned.
    Since discovering late last week where their first bid stands against that of multi-billionaire Terry Pegula's, parties within the Toronto group realize their chances of winning are "slim," a source said.
    The group comprises rocker Jon Bon Jovi, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment chairman Larry Tanenbaum and the Rogers family (whose trust runs Rogers Communications Inc.).
    Their desperate predicament might explain why Bon Jovi released an open letter on the weekend to Bills fans via the Buffalo News, trying (poorly) to convince people on that side of the Niagara River that the group is sincere in its newfound intention to keep the team over there.
    The belief inside the Toronto group, and by many in the financial community, is that Pegula -- the cash-flush multi-billionaire who owns the NHL's Buffalo Sabres -- is probably uncatchable by the Toronto trio. If not by all other bidders.
    The source said Pegula submitted a daunting (albeit non-binding) first bid last Tuesday, perhaps as much as $400 million more than the Toronto group's. If true, that's a massive difference.
    A different source on Thursday told QMI Agency the Toronto group's first bid was surprisingly low -- appreciably below $1 billion.
    All this jibes with what QMI Agency reported Wednesday: that the Toronto group cannot ultimately bid as high as the $1.3 billion Pegula is reported to have submitted in Tuesday's first round.

More...

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

The belief inside the Toronto group, and by many in the financial community, is that Pegula -- the cash-flush multi-billionaire who owns the NHL's Buffalo Sabres -- is probably uncatchable by the Toronto trio. If not by all other bidders.

The source said Pegula submitted a daunting (albeit non-binding) first bid last Tuesday, perhaps as much as $400 million more than the Toronto group's. If true, that's a massive difference.
      A different source on Thursday told QMI Agency the Toronto group's first bid was surprisingly low -- appreciably below $1 billion.
      This is all good news ..., oh wait, it's all good rumors. Team/trust sources have already told us that none of the figures we're hearing have been accurate and they did not provide info on which way they were off. Why would Kryk know?

All you do is make the point that I've been trying to make here. We do not know. All we have is speculation at this point. The info has not been released other than some things like Pegula sold land to have more than enough to buy the team.

Right now if things are really as being reported I don't think there's much question that Pegula gets the team.

But until we hear that he's the high bidder, and that he's committed to building a stadium in Buffalo or WNY, please pardon me while I'm not 100% convinced that what we're hoping for will happen.

Is that OK with you? Is it OK if I don't insist that the team has been purchased by Pegula and that the team will stay past 2020 and a new stadium will be built with his own money until he wins the bid and HE says it publicly?

Or do you have a problem with that?

I realize that there's not much reason to think that the worst case will befall our beloved Bills, not like that ever happens or anything. I mean it's not like we've been told for years that the team is improving but that we haven't even achieved a relatively simple task like winning 8 of 16 games even once over the last 9 seasons, on the cusp of 10, or that we haven't made the playoffs in this millenium, or that we haven't won a playoff game since '95, ...

Oh, wait ...

Sorry about that, I'm wrong on those things.

Otherwise, can't you just take an article link at face value?

I can post that the sky's blue and someone will post a link to something and tell me I want the team to move.
      Last edited by Fletch; 08-04-2014, 07:49 AM.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Well, Al Michals reported Donald Trump told him that he made a $1 Billion CASH offer for the Bills.

That is not a rumor, that is a fact.

And there have been no rumors or speculation that Trump was the high bidder.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          We do not know. All we have is speculation at this point..
          You are absolutely obsessed, and your posts are a lame, tired NUISANCE.

You are a troll. Period.

Give it up. We get it. You're DYING for he Bills to move, and you have a desperate, insane panic attack at the thought that they're not going anywhere.

Just STFU already.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

I don't believe anything but the guy who just cashed almost $2 Billion wants to buy the team, Pegula being the 600 lbs gorilla in the room. What does the 600 lbs gorilla get ??

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

wagon, you got to just ignore. he won't play when no one responds.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                I don't believe anything but the guy who just cashed almost $2 Billion wants to buy the team, Pegula being the 600 lbs gorilla in the room. What does the 600 lbs gorilla get ??
                He gets to ride the pink elephant in the room!

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                  What does the 600 lbs gorilla get ??
                  Whatever he damn well pleases.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                    You are absolutely obsessed, and your posts are a lame, tired NUISANCE.

You are a troll. Period.

Give it up. We get it. You're DYING for he Bills to move, and you have a desperate, insane panic attack at the thought that they're not going anywhere.

Just STFU already.
                    I respond to posts that others make. What's a nuissance is everyone that disagrees with them all jumping in with childish emotional crap as some sort of counter. After that is you telling me and others what we think.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      wagon, you got to just ignore. he won't play when no one responds.
                      You know, I beg for this from the people that I don't address directly. I'd much rather just have mini-conversations with posters to whom I respond.

You're absolutely right! All it takes is for people like you and him to just ignore me. But you know what, you guys are somewhere between so emotionally childish and mentally unstable, that your insecurities and instabilities just can't handle allowing you to go through and ignore my posts.

Please, ignore them!

Post #46

------

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

You know, I beg for this from the people that I don't address directly. I'd much rather just have mini-conversations with posters to whom I respond.

You're absolutely right! All it takes is for people like you and him to just ignore me. But you know what, you guys are somewhere between so emotionally childish and mentally unstable, that your insecurities and instabilities just can't handle allowing you to go through and ignore my posts.

Please, ignore them!
                        Talk about projecting, you're calling our starting QB names which makes you look real childish.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

I respond to posts that others make. What's a nuissance is everyone that disagrees with them all jumping in with childish emotional crap as some sort of counter. After that is you telling me and others what we think.
                          Bullcrap.

You start thread after nauseating thread with the obvious intention of annoying and provoking people, then you whine like a little ***** when people are annoyed and provoked.

You are the very definition of a troll.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Bullcrap.

You start thread after nauseating thread with the obvious intention of annoying and provoking people, then you whine like a little ***** when people are annoyed and provoked.

You are the very definition of a Canadian.
                            Fixed.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Bullcrap.

You are the very definition of a troll.
                              I'd argue that you are the definition of a troll, a resident troll.

I posted a piece along with some excerpts that refute many of the assumptions that have been stated here as if they're factual when quite clearly they're not.

You and others take issue with that?

Are people here stupid? Just can't read the multiple sources that refute the very things that they attempt to pass off as known truths at this time? Just lying to stir things up?

What? Which one?

Your issues are not with me, they're with the facts as they are known, or maybe not known right now. I've never seen a bigger bunch of namby pambies all spoutin' off and having tantrums because what they say isn't true and that can be proven.

Trolling is coming here and deceiving or just trying to stir up trouble. I'm hardly doing that although it's easy to see why those that run on their opinions and treat them as facts think that someone simply posting the actual facts that contradict their opinions as such would label others as trolls.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X