X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Estate Facts

I was just doing a little research on estate taxes... Here's the findings...

Federal:
    $5.34M exempt from taxes.
    Remainder taxed at 40%.

NYS:
    $1M exempt for estate of a person who died prior to April 1, 2014.
    First $10.039M (less exemption) taxed at 5.085%.
    Remainder taxed at 16%.

To put this in perspective, Ralph'd estate would pay the following based on the Bills selling for $1B...
    Federal gets $397,864,000
    NYS gets $158,853,393.15
    Total taxes = $556,717,393.15 (55.67%)
    Total remaining for trust = $443,282,606.85 (44.33%)

That's an obscene government money grab IMO.
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Estate Facts

Sure but the government will end up cutting a cheque for $600M if a new stadium is ever built which is basically what they get now in taxes plus 8 years interest.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
      Sure but the government will end up cutting a cheque for $600M if a new stadium is ever built which is basically what they get now in taxes plus 8 years interest.
      Cheque

LOL

You really are Canadian.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
        • Jul 2002

Is it the same for a trust? If there was a way to lower those rates I'm sure Ralph had it covered.

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
          I was just doing a little research on estate taxes... Here's the findings...

Federal:
          $5.34M exempt from taxes.
          Remainder taxed at 40%.

NYS:
          $1M exempt for estate of a person who died prior to April 1, 2014.
          First $10.039M (less exemption) taxed at 5.085%.
          Remainder taxed at 16%.

To put this in perspective, Ralph'd estate would pay the following based on the Bills selling for $1B...
          Federal gets $397,864,000
          NYS gets $158,853,393.15
          Total taxes = $556,717,393.15 (55.67%)
          Total remaining for trust = $443,282,606.85 (44.33%)

That's an obscene government money grab IMO.
          The estate tax won't be due until Mary dies, there's an unlimited marital deduction.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

None of this really affects the sale of the team though.

Even if the family only netted $100M it would still be more than enough for everyone in the family to live a ridiculously wealthy lifestyle.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
              Is it the same for a trust? If there was a way to lower those rates I'm sure Ralph had it covered.
              An estate freeze or two but we just don't know.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                Escaped Convict
                • Jul 2002

So what? Rich Stadium cost $22 MIL to build and has paid for itself dozens of times over.

A stadium, unlike most government expenditures, is a revenue generator. There is a net gain.

(Although, maybe not if you're relying on the Argos.)

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Jacques wrote a cheque, eh?

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Kiss my stinkin' hairy arse.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Kiss my stinkin' hairy arse.
                      LOL, sorry I had too.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

zedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzedzed.... Organeyezation, etc.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                          So what? Rich Stadium cost $22 MIL to build and has paid for itself dozens of times over.

A stadium, unlike most government expenditures, is a revenue generator. There is a net gain.

(Although, maybe not if you're relying on the Argos.)
                          Man are you dense, and ignorant.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 08-06-2014, 12:08 PM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            Jacques wrote a cheque, eh?
                            LOL

Regarding the stadium though, it's unlikely that it would cost as little as $600M anyway. That's very low-end for modern NFL stadiums. All we'd need is low-end, but selling that to the NFL may be tough.

Post #46

------

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                              Regarding the stadium though, it's unlikely that it would cost as little as $600M anyway. That's very low-end for modern NFL stadiums. All we'd need is low-end, but selling that to the NFL may be tough.
                              $600M +
                              $150M (from NFL) +
                              $125M (from selling PSLs) +
                              $125M (from owner after collecting $50M for 25 year naming rights)
                              =$1B

Comment

Working...
                              X