• Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

As many as 8 bidders?

Originally posted by BillsDaily.com
    Thursday August 7, 2014

Eight Suitors To Reportedly Present: Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that as many as eight suitors for the Bills are scheduled for in person presentations in the Detroit area. Donald Trump reportedly went first yesterday. John Kryk of the Toronto Sun reports that the Bon Jovi group has re-submitted their bid to remain in the process. There are still just the three suitors known which means as many as five bidders are unknown. Names that have been bountied about as being interested in the team includes Tom Golisano, East Amherst bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach, and Dean Metropoulos. Graham noted that Russ Brandon has not been a fixture at training camp as he is involved in the presentation process.

LOL. Laughing now at those speculating about the IRS, lack of bidders, and the suggestion of deal-fixing.

Originally posted by Buffalo News
    The Buffalo Bills have begun listening to in-person presentations from prospective buyers, with as many as eight scheduled over the next three weeks, The Buffalo News has learned.Only three candidates were confirmed to have submitted non-binding initial bids by the July 29 deadline. But that date turned out to be flexible, and nobody would say for sure whether any other off-the-radar applicants had stepped forward.

A few more apparently emerged.

NFL sources have informed The News presentations will take place over the next three weeks in the Detroit area. Ralph Wilson Enterprises is based in suburban Grosse Point Shores, Mich.

Billionaire developer Donald Trump's jet was spotted in Detroit on Wednesday. A source said Trump was the first to deliver his pitch.

Another undisclosed bidder is scheduled to present today with more expected over the next two weeks.

The presentation order could not immediately be confirmed.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: As many as 8 bidders?

If 5 more have shown interest after the initial non-binding stage, I'm not thinking Pegula is going to be able to adjust his bid down.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      If 5 more have shown interest after the initial non-binding stage, I'm not thinking Pegula is going to be able to adjust his bid down.
      It could be 5 bored tire-kickers as well.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

I am not believing this.

The way Morgan Stanley has behaved by extending deadlines and allowing rebids is not consistent with there being 8 bidders.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

I think spike is right. This is a ploy to keep the price up. I could see 1 maybe two secret bidders. There's now way nothing would of leaked about 5 bidders.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I faxed my bid in from Denver. Wonder if they got it.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

now being reported on WGR that Jim Kelly is involved with one of the mystery bidders

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                I faxed my bid in from Denver. Wonder if they got it.
                they did. The committee was very excited to see your bid financed entirely on your 401k and second home loan and eventual reverse mortgage. you are making this very hard to make a decision.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                  • Jun 2024

Originally posted by billsburgh View Post
                  now being reported on WGR that Jim Kelly is involved with one of the mystery bidders
                  Tim Graham thinks it is Jeffrey Gundlach.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                    I am not believing this.

The way Morgan Stanley has behaved by extending deadlines and allowing rebids is not consistent with there being 8 bidders.
                    It is consistent if the goal is to do everything possible to try to get a bidding war going with as many parties as possible. Remember even after the binding bids the bids are open which means the trust can still cry for more money from the leaders like at an auction. It was all part of Ralph's master plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo at all costs.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I would not be at all surprised if there are serious bidders who did not participate in the initial bidding. That would be very typical...

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                        I am not believing this.

Who knows what to believe anymore. Everything we've heard is speculation and has turned out to be wrong. The bids cited aren't correct, deadlines don't really matter (then why have them), JBJ's group is out of it, the trust may be obligated to sell to the highest bidder, the trust has the authority to not sell to the highest bidder, etc.

This truly has become a media circus. How fitting. Yeah, thanks Ralph. One wrong turn here and Buffalo's going to become twice the joke that it's become in NFL circles. Why do I now see this process being dragged out due to lawsuits and the like.

It's not worth believing anything relating to this anymore until they come out with hard facts on who bought the team, or at least who's bid has been accepted per league owners' approval.
                        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                        Originally Posted by pmoon6
                        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

What we do know is the Toronto group had to give better assurances they would not move the team so whoever does bid will have to do the same & be prepared to own the BUFFALO Bills.

Comment

• Fletch
                            • May 2007

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                            It is consistent if the goal is to do everything possible to try to get a bidding war going with as many parties as possible. Remember even after the binding bids the bids are open which means the trust can still cry for more money from the leaders like at an auction. It was all part of Ralph's master plan to keep the Bills in Buffalo at all costs.
                            How is going after the highest bid consistent with trying to keep the team in Buffalo when there are numerous other markets which make more sense financially?

Or were you being sarcastic?

If Ralph really cared about the team being here he'd have sold it to Pegula or Golisano.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            I would not be at all surprised if there are serious bidders who did not participate in the initial bidding. That would be very typical...
                            So these rumored deadlines are meaningless then?

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              What we do know is the Toronto group had to give better assurances they would not move the team so whoever does bid will have to do the same & be prepared to own the BUFFALO Bills.
                              LOL

What fool bidding group goes out and publicly does stadium studies outside of the region and then after the fact attempts to play it off to never wanting to move the team. Other bidders with a desire to move the team wont' be so foolish. I'm surprised that Tannenbaum and his group were dumb enough to do that.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X