• Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Jim Kelly is aligned with bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach

Meeting with the team's trust today.
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Jim Kelly is aligned with bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach

You are speculating it is with Jeff G, but I will tell you what any bidder with Jim Kelly may have my vote. Jim as a minority owner would at least have a say in hiring the right people and holding people accountable.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
      Jim Kelly is aligned with bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach:

The next rumor
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
        You are speculating it is with Jeff G, but I will tell you what any bidder with Jim Kelly may have my vote. Jim as a minority owner would at least have a say in hiring the right people and holding people accountable.
        Am I ?

Comment

• DesertFox24
          • Jul 2005

Am I ?
          I dont really care who the principle is if Jim Kelly is involved I know someone that played the game and knows the game will at least be in the interview process and will be able to hold people accountable and also not make rash decisions that the franchise will regret Cough Polian Cough

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

What's your guess? I'll say this is the 5th year Kelly's name has been drug through the ownership mud.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

JG doesn't have Pegs' money. I was previously all for Kelly joining a group and going with that one, but now I want Pegs and no one else, Kelly or not.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

As much as I hate to say it, Jim doesn't bring much stability at this point.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Topas
                  German smartass
                  • Feb 2014

I really like Jim Kelly. But I doubt his personell assessment. He loved every one of our QBs during the last 10 years. Ok, he got paid to say this. But still I am not sold on him taking any decision. Lovable tough Buffalo guy, yes, but I dont want him to make any decisions.

Comment

• kishoph
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                    JG doesn't have Pegs' money. I was previously all for Kelly joining a group and going with that one, but now I want Pegs and no one else, Kelly or not.
                    I love Jim Kelly and he is about Buffalo and the Bills, but as owner of the Buffalo Sabres and with the development of the HarborCenter, you can believe that Terry Pegula is dedicated to Buffalo also. I'm not crazy about ownership groups and it seems that the NFL isn't either. I recently heard the numbers and I believe it was only 2 of the last 14 new ownership's in the NFL have been groups. IMO in a group everyone needs to be on the same page on everything and that just seems unlikely to happen all the time. In Pegula's case he has nobody to answer to (other than Kim). Pegula also has the pockets to give the Bills the best they need and as he has shown with the Sabres, he's not afraid to invest heavily. Now if Kelly would somehow align himself with Pegula (not as part owner), that would be a great team to own the Bills.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

kelly is a politician. he's got charm, knows how to work a room, knows what he's supposed to say and say it convincingly. that's his strengths. he is an ambassador to the team and clearly wants the best for the team. there is also little to be gained from old athletes bad mouthing new ones. that rarely goes over well.

that being said, he was crazy big fan of tebow. so that alone makes me a little nervous about his ability to scout and evaluate a team properly.

i think he's got a gig as ambassador at worst given whatever ownership gets involved. and that's a good thing.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Just for good measure:

The Buffalo News has learned Kelly and bond investor Jeffrey Gundlach met with the Bills' trust Thursday in the Detroit area, where Ralph Wilson Enterprises is located.
                        I have relative with an indirect relationship that's a close friend of his, not my usual contact and obviously outside OBD.
                        Last edited by Skooby; 08-08-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                          What's your guess? I'll say this is the 5th year Kelly's name has been drug through the ownership mud.
                          It's more like the 8th year.

Comment

• Mace
                            Haha...yeah you think so ?
                            • Mar 2013

I think it's more like Gundlach aligned himself with Kelly to gain a shot at minority owner percentage.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • Jun 2024

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                              I think it's more like Gundlach aligned himself with Kelly to gain a shot at minority owner percentage.
                              Who will be the major partner then because Kelly doesn't even have $100M. He stopped playing in 97 before the big money and his business acumen sucked.

Comment

Working...
                              X