• Sep 2010

Preseason Game #3 - Balls & Goats

Balls - Landon Cohen

Goats - EJ Manuel, Cyrus Kouandijo, Stephon Gilmore
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Preseason Game #3 - Balls & Goats

I would put Lewis or Tuel on the goat list way before EJ.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
      I would put Lewis or Tuel on the goat list way before EJ.
      They didn't look good either, but Lewis lead the team to a TD. So far, at least, both Tuel & Lewis have lead to scoring drives in preseason games. So no.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
        They didn't look good either, but Lewis lead the team to a TD. So far, at least, both Tuel & Lewis have lead to scoring drives in preseason games. So no.
        What did Lewis do to lead them to a TD?

(Just being on the field does not count. Nor do the previous games)

So yes - Lewis was terrible. He led them to a TD on a drive that started on the 10 yard line. Certainly you can't claim equivalency on the drives
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

EJ was ok tonight. No way he deserves a goat.

Comment

• Cleve
            • Oct 2004

Manuel and the first string offense have not yet scored a touchdown in 3 pre-season games - that despite the coaches leaving Manuel in the entire first half tonight to try and correct that.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
            per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              EJ was ok tonight. No way he deserves a goat.
              Are you kidding? He was throwing over, behind and under people. Just like last season. Take away his completions to RBs & TEs, what's left? Hackett doesn't even have the confidence to let him throw down field. Tasker pointed out the lack of passing attempts over 20 yards.

If that continues, the Bills will be easy to game plan against.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

Are you kidding? He was throwing over, behind and under people. Just like last season. Take away his completions to RBs & TEs, what's left? Hackett doesn't even have the confidence to let him throw down field. Tasker pointed out the lack of passing attempts over 20 yards.

If that continues, the Bills will be easy to game plan against.
                Not sure if those are Hackett's orders of if EJ is too scared to throw it down field.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                  • Sep 2009

Mike Adams and Kouandjio were the worst OL in the game.

You guys are giving Gilmore too much ****, the one TD he gave up was an insane throw by Ben. Gilmore got beat but it took a perfect throw. Wish we had a QB that could thread the needle like that.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Wish we had a QB who would attempt to throw downfield.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                      Skoobasaurus-Rex
                      • Oct 2011

Offense - Goat

1st string defense - Ball

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

KuJo looks horribly lost out there.

I have to agree with Mitch, though.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

I also liked what I saw from Randell Johnson on a few plays.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                            1st string defense - Ball
                            Roethlisberger scored 2 quick TDs making them look like ametuers. What game were you watching?

Originally posted by BillsDaily.com
                            Sunday August 17, 2014

Who Helped Themselves: Doug Carpenter helped himself with field goals of 37 and 53 yards in the first half and a game tying 44 yard field goal late. He had to handle the kickoffs since Dustin Hopkins was inactive and did well which may mean the end to the carrying two kickers thought. All five of them went into the end zone and four were touchbacks. He did miss a 49 yarder in the 4th quarter. Fred Jackson looked good running and receiving as he caught 7 passes for 28 yards and added 27 yards on six carries. Robert Woods looked good as he was targeted six times and made three catches for a game high 49 yards. Scott Chandler had four catches for 40 yards.Stefan Charles had two sacks, one of them forced a fumble that Landon Cohen returned 59 yards to setup the Bills only touchdown.Nickell Robey had a nice interception.

Who Hurt Themselves:EJ Manuel just can't do anything in the red zone and did not look good in this game after coming off his best practice of the summer. Thad Lewis was very inaccurate completing just one pass to each team in six attempts. Jeff Tuel didn't do much better fumbling the game away in the final minute. Cyrus Kouandjio gave up the sack to Tuel. Bryce Brown got in the game late and had only 12 yards on six carries. Alan Branch didn't get into the game until the final minutes and Doug Marrone said he's fighting for a roster spot. The entire starting defensive unit didn't help themselves after giving up two touchdowns on the first two Steeler possessions.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Balls - Landon Cohen

Goats - EJ Manuel, Cyrus Kouandijo, Stephon Gilmore
                              It's always so encouraging when a former 7th round on his 6th team in as many seasons is the shining star.
                              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                              Originally Posted by pmoon6
                              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

Working...
                              X