How many pass attempts for over 40 yards did have yesterday ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

I remember a couple of them but every Steelers player was at or near the line most of the night. Doesn't Hackett want to keep our opposing secondaries honest ? Don't we have "speed" ? Where was Goodwin ?
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: How many pass attempts for over 40 yards did have yesterday ??

Goodwin has been down with a hammy.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
      Goodwin has been down with a hammy.
      That explains part of it.

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

Do you realize that teams do not throw that ball deep as far as some people imagine ? 68.1 % of pass attempts in 2012 were for less than 10 yds. 18.8% of them were behind the line of scrimmage.
        Here's some numbers for attempts over 40 yds. for all of last season P. Manning - 1 att., C. Kaepernick - 2 att., T. Brady - 7 att., G. Smith - 3 att., R. Fitzpatrick - 2 att., A. Luck - 9 att., EJ Manuel - 5 att.
        Last season 424 of Tom Brady's 628 attempts were less than 10 yds. 93 of them were behind the line of scrimmage and it's not just Tom Brady, it's where QB's throw the ball. Where are people getting this idea that QB's are throwing the ball down field 10 times a game, it's not happening and if you can move the ball throwing 5 yd. passes and dumping the ball off, that's a hell of a lot better than throwing into where most of the coverage is.

Comment

• WagonCircler
          Escaped Convict
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kishoph View Post

Do you realize that teams do not throw that ball deep as far as some people imagine ? 68.1 % of pass attempts in 2012 were for less than 10 yds. 18.8% of them were behind the line of scrimmage.
          Here's some numbers for attempts over 40 yds. for all of last season P. Manning - 1 att., C. Kaepernick - 2 att., T. Brady - 7 att., G. Smith - 3 att., R. Fitzpatrick - 2 att., A. Luck - 9 att., EJ Manuel - 5 att.
          Last season 424 of Tom Brady's 628 attempts were less than 10 yds. 93 of them were behind the line of scrimmage and it's not just Tom Brady, it's where QB's throw the ball. Where are people getting this idea that QB's are throwing the ball down field 10 times a game, it's not happening and if you can move the ball throwing 5 yd. passes and dumping the ball off, that's a hell of a lot better than throwing into where most of the coverage is.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pa...hrow-the-ball/
          How many TDs has the EJ led Offense accounted for so far this preseason?

Comment

• kishoph
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
            How many TDs has the EJ led Offense accounted for so far this preseason?
            "" Great rebuttal to that post. LOL

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

"" Great rebuttal to that post. LOL
              Facts always are great rebuttals, and EJ has zero.

You can spin away and make whatever delusional case you want to, but the guy sucks. They made a huge deal about how they wanted to scored a TD this week, and they failed. Again.

Trent Jr.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                Facts always are great rebuttals, and EJ has zero.

You can spin away and make whatever delusional case you want to, but the guy sucks. They made a huge deal about how they wanted to scored a TD this week, and they failed. Again.

Trent Jr.
                Do you know what "facts" are ? Facts are when you have proof of something and I have numerous post that contain 'facts" unlike you, when the best you can say is, I saw it with my eyes. Maybe if any of you trolls posted some facts, instead of just pulling your finger out of your ass and posting whatever oozes out, people might take you more seriously.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Fact is we haven't played a real game yet this year, so step away from the edge.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Do you know what "facts" are ? Facts are when you have proof of something and I have numerous post that contain 'facts" unlike you, when the best you can say is, I saw it with my eyes. Maybe if any of you trolls posted some facts, instead of just pulling your finger out of your ass and posting whatever oozes out, people might take you more seriously.
                    Fact: The Bills, when Quarterbacked by EJ Manuel, have not scored a Touchdown this year.

Fact: When kisoph puts his finger up his ass, it scratches his boyfriend's penis.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

And yet, everyone here that's optimistic preaches the merits of the deep ball. Graham, Goodwin, Watkins

LOL
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                        • May 2007

I post facts incessantly and usually your response is to stick your finger straight up your ass and post what oozes out.

You selectively ignore those.

Incredible that you say something like this. LOL

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Dealing with this seriously;

You're right about the short game being the bread and butter for NFL QBs. What's funny is that while everyone here, posters such as yourself, continually hammer on the contributions of players like Graham, Goodwin, and Watkins' deep ball abilities, and while I've explained for years exactly what you did above and by saying that deep balls really don't make the kind of difference that so many here seem to think that they do, it was met with the typical troll labels and other name calling nonsense.

Now, when it's clear that Manuel struggles with deep balls you sling this out leaving a huge element of disingenuousness here.

Anyway, it was nice of you to pick and choose the things relevant to your argument at the moment, but how about injecting some other relevant facts.

More importanly, I'd really like to see you in your intellect explain the gap that exists given what you wrote.

P. Manning - 8.31 ypa, ranked 3rd,
                          Kaepernick - 7.69 ypa, ranked 8th
                          Brady - 6.92, ranked 22nd in one of his worst seasons ever
                          G. Smith - 6.88, ranked 25th
                          Fitzpatrick - 7.01, ranked 18th
                          Luck - 6.71, ranked 26th

Manuel - 6.44, ranked 32nd.

Clearly Manuel doesn't manage a game anywhere close to how Luck does.

This preseason Manuel has a ypa of 5.6 ypa and has been unable to put even one TD on the board.

Those are facts kisoph, you said you like facts. So I'm curious what you can do with these. If you ask me they're quite relevant, a whole lot more relevant than what other QBs of varying skill levels have done or not done.

So I'm curious as to why you seem to think that this doesn't matter or what your stated reason is for Manuel being seemingly unable to produce anything but a bottom-dwelling ypa?

Post #46

------

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

You don't have to throw the ball 40 yards in the air to have a "deep" passing game. A 40 yard throw requires probably 3+ seconds of clean protection and usually results in your QB getting pasted after he lets go. Most passers won't throw more than one of those a game.

Flacco had 16 all last year.
                            Kaepernick had 2
                            Peyton had 1.
                            Eli had 13.
                            Wilson had 9.
                            etc

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

What I find interesting in the current discussions about Manuel is that everyone is completely overlooking the asset of his arm strength which everyone felt was so important last season.

It's pretty clear that his inaccuracy and inconsistency are his biggest flaws, but both of those will prevent any QB from developing in the NFL.

Unfortunately both are also not nearly as correctable by coaching.

But it's an interesting point of note that last year when we drafted him no one heeded the warnings and everyone ran down the street proclaiming this great deep game. Now, after the warnings have played out, all there is is questioning of his deep game and whether or not it's the coaching or play calling. He threw at least a couple of deep balls in this last game but was simply inaccurate.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X