• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Thankfully, no whining about the schedule this year

No more pointing to the schedule for excuses. The Bills only play twice against opponents with extra days off. Both times it's the Jets who come off a Thursday game to host the Bills in Week 8 and then a bye when traveling to OP in Week 12.

On the other side of the coin, the Bills come off their own bye, scheduled nicely in Week 9, to play the Chiefs. In Week 15, they play GB after the Packers play on MNF.

Six o' one, half dozen t'other.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.
  • Blondie
    Smarter than most men here :-)
    • Aug 2012

Re: Thankfully, no whining about the schedule this year

Ohhh the Jets..

fun fact... my friends son, Jeremiah George, was drafted in the 5th round to the Jets!

It's been fun watching her posts on FB... from Iowa State to the Jets...

ok ... back to the Bills schedule and not griping about it talk..
    I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• Blondie
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
      coastal always says this ... I never get the saying.
      I was banned for calling Yardie a coward, by DB, in a tread about women’s issues happening right now in America. Nothing better than republican men silencing women’s voices, especially in the Buffalo Spin zone!!

Comment

• gebobs
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
        It means "no difference either way".

Comment

• Fletch
          • May 2007

The saying is actually, "six in one, a half-dozen in the other."

So choose, you want 6, or a half-dozen? Same thing obviously.

What gebobs said.
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
          (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
          Originally Posted by pmoon6
          The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
          ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

You say Tamato (Long Island accent) / I say Tamato (nj accent), either way it's a fruit (like 6 (half dozen) or 6).
            Last edited by Skooby; 08-21-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Awesome.

Now back to whining about EVERYTHING ELSE !
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

it's 6 of 1, half dozen of the other. it's my favorite saying.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

I'm still going to whine about the schedule.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• gebobs
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                    "Of", not "in".

Though I've never heard it that way and can't find any references to your version on the web, it could make sense...as in looking in a box. Still, I'm a traditionalist at heart.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      No more pointing to the schedule for excuses. The Bills only play twice against opponents with extra days off. Both times it's the Jets who come off a Thursday game to host the Bills in Week 8 and then a bye when traveling to OP in Week 12.

On the other side of the coin, the Bills come off their own bye, scheduled nicely in Week 9, to play the Chiefs. In Week 15, they play GB after the Packers play on MNF.

Here's the thing about the schedule. At one point, we had to play the Patriots coming off their bye for something like 4 years in a row. At one point, we had the most games in the league against teams coming off a bye or extra rest time several years in a row. Now, creating the league schedule is immensely difficult and I have no idea how they even approach the task, but there is no way those things happened by random chance.

I'm not paranoid and I don't have a persecution complex. I don't think the game is rigged because there is too much money at stake if they got caught (plus rigging games would need far too many people to stay quiet). I don't think the league is out to get Buffalo.

But I do think the league has preferred outcomes. Bills fans always show up. Patriots and Dolphins fans only show up when the team wins. A Pats vs Jets AFC Championship game is going to get much better ratings than a Bills vs Tenn or Jax AFC Championship game. Bills fans watch the team no matter what, and the team lacks the star power to draw viewers who aren't fans of the team. So, when the league has to make tough decisions- like who gets the short end of the stick on playing teams coming off byes or who gets screwed on a 50/50 call on the field- teams like the Pats, Redskins, Dolphins, Cowboys will always be favored over teams like the Bills.

Of course, I have no proof of this, but when we get schedules with difficulties that our opponents don't have year in and year out, it certainly lends credibility to the theory.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JoeMama
                        Emotion Sickness
                        • Oct 2002

That's weird.

You mean to say that in real life, coastal talks about stuff other than how much Mario Williams sucks?

I can't picture it!
                        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• BB4ever
                          • Apr 2014

Somebody will when we head into the second half of the season 2-6 with an uphill battle against far superior teams.

Comment

• Blondie
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                            That's weird.

You mean to say that in real life, coastal talks about stuff other than how much Mario Williams sucks?

I can't picture it!
                            He does!! 43% of the time he talks about tap dancing and stuff like that

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

So choose, you want 6, or a half-dozen? Same thing obviously.

What gebobs said.
                            It still an odd saying ...

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                              That's weird.

I can't picture it!
                              im still bent about that fake wrist surgery he had.

Comment

Working...
                              X