X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Money spent on obsolete stadium was mostly for income gains, not fan enjoyment

The new scoreboard is strictly for running ads all game long, it's the exact same TV size for viewing as before.

New store in an obsolete stadium when you can buy the same merchandise online? Wonderful new income opportunity for the team.

Smell of fresh paint in the somewhat wider hallways ?? Well, there's something for the fans.
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Money spent on obsolete stadium was mostly for income gains, not fan enjoyment

As long as they don't get rid of the half-moon, community-sized, urinals... Errr... I mean hand basins, I could care less.

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

Re: Money spent on obsolete stadium was mostly for income gains, not fan enjoyment

Originally posted by coastal View Post
      As long as they don't get rid of the half-moon, community-sized, urinals... Errr... I mean hand basins, I could care less.
      LOL

I wonder if anyone even washes their hands in those things.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I liked the changes though my first thought was you don't get a lot for $130 million these days.

Comment

• fasteddie
          • Mar 2006

But they do play loud music between plays so that the PA announcer is drowned out. Maybe the less you know, the better? Oy vey!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by fasteddie View Post
            But they do play loud music between plays so that the PA announcer is drowned out. Maybe the less you know, the better? Oy vey!
            Was the bell louder ?

Comment

• Tiburon1724
              • Sep 2005

everything is for income/profit...duh..

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tiburon1724 View Post
                everything is for income/profit...duh..
                Like new Bathrooms, more open / wider hallways & better seating comfort ?

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                  are they still there? I have seen women peeing in them it was hilarious!

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

Yea, I gotta admit, I wasn't terribly impressed.

And one thing I thought was funny, was that the sportsbar is at my section, at the bottom of the old administration building.

30 or 40 beer taps....right across from the no alcohol seats.

And they don't even serve pop.

Sorry, I thought that was comical.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

If they have the same turf in front of the store as on the field, I hope they are well covered for slip-and-fall injuries.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                        Like new Bathrooms, more open / wider hallways & better seating comfort ?
                        of course. When there's a literal sea of feces floating through the tunnels it makes some people not want to come back.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

of course. When there's a literal sea of feces floating through the tunnels it makes some people not want to come back.
                          Yeah, go figure.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                            • Jun 2024

Combined with the feces on the field.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

A wise man would park in the lots and sell Depends out of his trunk.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X