• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

vs. Buccaneers - Balls & Goats

Joe B. does a fair job here. I thought Rivers, Bryant and Spikes play stood out early as well.

Spikes, Rivers, Bryant stand out early
    - The offense had a poor start to their evening, but the first-team defense looked the part once again in the preseason. The Bills got pressure, forced errant throws and once again looked quite stout against the run. Of all the issues from 2013, the revamped run defense is among the most noteworthy improvements. The two players that really stood out in that phase on Saturday were middle linebacker Brandon Spikes and strongside linebacker Keith Rivers. Spikes got through his blocks and anticipated the lanes to come away with six tackles on the day. Rivers shot through the lanes and even had two tackles for loss to go with his six total tackles. Defensive tackle Corbin Bryant, who started for the injured Kyle Williams, shined in his place with a sack and two quarterback hits to go along with all his pressure. Bryant has stepped his game up this summer and is the top reserve at the position, replacing Alan Branch in that role. The defense started slipping as the first half wore on and some starters were replaced, but they had yet another solid start. The first unit is the most encouraging aspect of the preseason.

Bills’ MVP: LB Keith Rivers
    - Six tackles, two tackles for loss and he was one of the keys to a solid run defense for the fourth game in a row.

Bills’ LVP: QB EJ Manuel
    - The second half was solid, but his first half performance left a sour taste in the mouth of most Bills fans.

Read more: http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=422953
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: vs. Buccaneers - Balls & Goats

Buffalo News Sports @TBNSports
    Marrone on offense during TV interview before halftime: "We're really playing awful." Live blog:

Comment

• Fletch
      • May 2007

The D couldn't have been too good, we allowed 17 offensive points to last season's 32nd ranked offense. That's 34 on the game.

Once again, the changes this season seem to be a referendum on how just because you bolster one part of your D doesn't mean that the entire D is any good. Some fans understand that, unfortunately no one in the FO or on the coaching staff seems to understand it.
      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
      Originally Posted by pmoon6
      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Balls - Fans booing this terrible first half performance.

Goats - Player's pride that can't accept the shame.

- - - Updated - - -

Balls - Fans booing this terrible first half performance.

Goats - Player's pride that can't accept the shame.

Comment

Working...
        X