X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Offense holding stuff until regular season

“There are a few things that I asked him for and of course he said, ‘Hey we’re saving this and that for the regular season,’” said Manuel. “Which I understand, but at the same time we still want to go out there and win and move the ball and score touchdowns. But there are some things that we’re going to continue to save for Chicago.”

Now I get it!!!!

EJ: " Hey coach, can throw accurately this game, pleaaase"
    Marrone : ‘Hey we’re saving this and that for the regular season,’”
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Offense holding stuff until regular season

"The coaches told me to dim the lightbulb since it was shining so bright in practice." - EJ.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

ROFL. They are just putting up with us all at this point. Awe. Cute.

Comment

• jills
        • Oct 2009

Great, they're saving the real suckage for the regular season.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

He must want the moneyline to be higher.

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Originally posted by jills View Post
            Great, they're saving the real suckage for the regular season.
            LOL

That's when the complexities that they're saving too will really take off given how the basic essentials have worked so well.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Scumbag College
              • Oct 2002

They are saving the 5-8 yard pass attempts for the Bears and really try to stretch the defense. Up til now, the Bills have only shown the -3 to 2 yard attempts to trick them. Hackett and Marrone are masterminds.

Seriously, I'm fine with the Bills not showing too much in the preseason. But what they do show, they have to execute better than they have been doing so far.
              Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

I would hope that they are saving it b/c every passing play we've ran looks the same.
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Fletch
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College View Post
                  They are saving the 5-8 yard pass attempts for the Bears and really try to stretch the defense. Up til now, the Bills have only shown the -3 to 2 yard attempts to trick them. Hackett and Marrone are masterminds.

Seriously, I'm fine with the Bills not showing too much in the preseason. But what they do show, they have to execute better than they have been doing so far.
                  I'm fine with them not even showing up as long as they show up for the regular season. But the fact is that we sucked last year on offense and they need the work. You don't start practicing against other teams' 1st-teams in weeks 1 through 4. You do it during the preseason.

Some say that the games don't mean ****, but the outcomes don't mean ****, the games, or rather how the 1st teams play means something. What it is can be debated, but you don't go through the preseason unable to score against 1st-team D's and then all of a sudden start playing playoff caliber football come week one. Just doesn't happen.

Who knows, maybe Whaley and Marrone have mistaken their team for one that barely missed the playoffs last season or something, or more, a playoff team, and they think that they don't need to use the preseason effectively. I don't know, I don't think like they do and their negligent thinking.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                  ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
                    I would hope that they are saving it b/c every passing play we've ran looks the same.
                    They'd better be saving something or we're royally screwed.

The big factor is going to be what Watkins brings to the table. Williams and Woods aren't going to scare anyone on their own.

Woods averaged 7 ypr on 3 catches off of 7 targets, before he got hurt. If that doesn't improve then the single biggest reason to hope for improvement gets flushed down the toilet and it's going to be a long season from week 1.

Manuels averaging what, 4-point-some yards ypa against 1st teams? I mean if Hackett & Marrone think that they're saving the deep stuff and scoring for the regular season then they're more stupid than I thought. I think that they've tried but just failed. At the rate we're going we'll be lucky to average 15 ppg.

Post #46

------

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

The wheels are coming of this ***** before September. It's the worst we have seen.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Apparently our secret weapon is "make a good pass." That should take the entire league by surprise.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

We're holding back on being able to execute passing plays, apparently.

Chicago is gonna be shocked in week 1 when EJ Manuel throws and completes a 15 yard pass down the seam.

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                            The wheels are coming of this ***** before September. It's the worst we have seen.
                            Well IDK about that, but it's certainly rising up there.

Comment

• Fletch
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                              It's only the worst we've seen from a perception standpoint. I really don't think that the season's going to be all that much worse. Worse yes, but how much worse can it possibly get. We've sucked for years.

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                              X