X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Player Poll -- Bills 2nd Least Desirable Team to Play For

Of the 82 players who answered, 23 percent named the Raiders, followed by the Buffalo Bills (19 percent), Cleveland Browns (16 percent), Jacksonville Jaguars (9 percent) and Green Bay Packers (6 percent).

The Raiders are the least desirable team to play for in the NFL, according to an NFL Nation Confidential survey posed to 100-plus players on the following question: "The only way I'd play for [team name] is if they doubled my salary."

Not a large sample, but nonetheless losing and cold weather seems unpopular.
  • lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Re: Player Poll -- Bills 2nd Least Desirable Team to Play For

Not many people want to come to Buffalo if they are not born there. It is a great place to raise a family however many never see it that way. Just cold and snowy.

Then you get into the not winning, Having fill in bums around you in some spots and the team not rewarding their own when they perform and I am surprised that Buffalo is only at 19%

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Typical TROLL thread from Spiked.

Still mourning the loss of B Jobovi are you?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Also people don't like working for ****ty bosses. With the exception of Green Bay, that's a list of the worst-run teams in the league.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Oh shocking the 4 least desirable teams to play for are perennial bottom feeders.

Comment

• Ed
            Dude
            • Sep 2002

In the 90's the Bills wouldn't have made this list, while teams like the Bengals and Colts probably would have been near the top. In the 80's you probably would have seen teams like the Saints and Pats get a lot of votes. Teams that are irrelevant and lose year in and year out will never be desirable. Throw in the weather factor and it's not surprising that players that probably don't know much about Buffalo or the Bills would find this team unappealing. Hopefully new ownership and some playoff appearances can help change that because the players that do end up coming here generally love it. Just look at Jim Kelly. No one hated the idea of being a Buffalo Bill more than he did. He basically had to be dragged here kicking and screaming.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Originally posted by lightningbolt444 View Post
              Not many people want to come to Buffalo if they are not born there. It is a great place to raise a family however many never see it that way. Just cold and snowy.

Then you get into the not winning, Having fill in bums around you in some spots and the team not rewarding their own when they perform and I am surprised that Buffalo is only at 19%
              And what, people love Cleveland, Oakland, and Jacksonville? Cleveland has less snow and cold? Marginally maybe.

I think that the second half of your statement is the primary reason. The weather differs variedly among the cities listed at the "top" of that poll.

The common thread is that they're all ****ty teams as Mr. Pink points out.
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
              Originally Posted by pmoon6
              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• coastal
                Legendary Zoner
                • Mar 2005

What... people don't want to work for Russ Brandon?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Does this surprise anyone? I really want to know if anyone is shocked by this, didn't need a poll to know that there are many reasons a team like Buffalo is not desirable to play for.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                    Does this surprise anyone? I really want to know if anyone is shocked by this, didn't need a poll to know that there are many reasons a team like Buffalo is not desirable to play for.
                    It shouldn't. We talk about this every year during free agency.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

It's why we have to overpay everyone good to come here. AHEM, Mario.
                      http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                      (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                      Originally Posted by pmoon6
                      The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                      ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                        • Dec 2008

It's all about the record. Back in the glory days many players wanted to be here.

Comment

• Homegrown
                          Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                          • Jul 2008

I wonder how many Bills players participated in the poll ....

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            Typical TROLL thread from Spiked.

Still mourning the loss of B Jobovi are you?
                            A troll thread is not one that posts stories we don't want to hear about
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OLDSRIP View Post
                              It's all about the record. Back in the glory days many players wanted to be here.
                              I think the most interesting thing about this poll is that Green Bay made the top 5, which tells me that it's not all about winning/losing for some players. I mean why would more players find the Packers less desirable than the Vikings or Lions? The Packers are better than those franchises in just about every way. The only difference is the Viking and Lions play indoors, while the Packers play some games in -50 windchill or whatever.

I'd find this poll a lot more interesting if the players had included their reasons or at least main reason for voting the way they did. It's probably important to note too that 27% of the players polled voted for a different team other than the five listed. Maybe some guys voted for a team simply because of the coach or they got cut. I mean of the 9% that voted for the Jags, how many picked them just because of their hideous uniforms? This poll would be a lot better if we got a breakdown of all the teams that got votes and some general reasons why players voted the way they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X