PDA

View Full Version : Our QB Prayers Have Been Answered!

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Per ESPN Mobile App the Bills will sign Jordan Palmer!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!

16-0!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 06:40 PM

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!

16-0!

CHAMPIONSHIP!

We're just trying to get intel on the Bears playbook. I wouldn't be shocked if he's cut after the Detroit game.

Skooby
08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Boom !!!!!!!!!!!! Who?

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:45 PM
We're just trying to get intel on the Bears playbook. I wouldn't be shocked if he's cut after the Detroit game.

The reports on Twitter don't seem to indicate this is strictly about the Bears playbook. ESPN reporter Field Yates says this is about trying to upgrade the QB position.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 06:47 PM
I didn't know Carson Palmers baby brother was still in the league!

CHAMPIONSHIP INDEED!

After a quick google, I see that he lost his job to Jimmy Claussen though.

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:48 PM
I didn't know Carson Palmers baby brother was still in the league!

CHAMPIONSHIP INDEED!

After a quick google, I see that he lost his job to Jimmy Claussen though.

GO IRISH!!

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:50 PM
For the record this thread is already more fun then every other thread on the first BZ page combined.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 06:50 PM
The reports on Twitter don't seem to indicate this is strictly about the Bears playbook. ESPN reporter Field Yates says this is about trying to upgrade the QB position.

The only thing I like about Palmer is he a NFL veteran granted he hasn't played many games but he's been in NFL locker rooms and maybe he can be a bit of a brain for EJ to pick on the sidelines. Does anyone have a game dressed count for Tuel or Thad? As if Palmer's around I wouldn't mind seeing if we can get Tuel on the practice squad.

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 06:52 PM
The only thing I like about Palmer is he a NFL veteran granted he hasn't played many games but he's been in NFL locker rooms and maybe he can be a bit of a brain for EJ to pick on the sidelines. Does anyone have a game dressed count for Tuel or Thad? As if Palmer's around I wouldn't mind seeing if we can get Tuel on the practice squad.

He was Blake Bortles pre-draft QB coach fwiw.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Is he the one who was on the bachelor?

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM

No that was Jesse Palmer.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:03 PM

No that was Jesse Palmer who I think the Bills had or at least tried out at least at one point.

Scumbag College
08-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Flutie vs. Robbbb Johnson Redux.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Flutie vs. Robbbb Johnson Redux.

If anyone cares I think Flutie is going to be on one of this season's NFL show A NFL life and in the previews I could have sworn him say "The NFL was scared of me".

DraftBoy
08-25-2014, 07:13 PM
If anyone cares I think Flutie is going to be on one of this season's NFL show the NFL life and in the previews I could have sworn him say "The NFL was scared of me".

The NFL was scared of me? He was about 1.5 inches away from legally qualifying as a midget.

He was talented as could be, but the napoleon syndrome has made him go senile.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 07:17 PM
If anyone cares I think Flutie is going to be on one of this season's NFL show A NFL life and in the previews I could have sworn him say "The NFL was scared of me".

I thought I heard that one too.

He divided the Bears locker room and was absolutely terrible when he first came into the NFL.

The Jokeman
08-25-2014, 07:18 PM
The NFL was scared of me? He was about 1.5 inches away from legally qualifying as a midget.

He was talented as could be, but the napoleon syndrome has made him go senile.

It's a big reason I hated the SOB and created a website the minute we signed him. Flutie was what he was, an average game manager QB but because he was shorter then most other guys on the field writers felt compelled to write down he was magical. Yet everyone wants to forget he literally dropped the ball when the playoff game against the Dolphins was on the line or how he failed to win a playoff game with the defending Super Bowl Champs in 1986.

Turf
08-25-2014, 07:19 PM
I thought he said the NFL was scary, maybe I heard it wrong.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Well, it's something.

He always struck me as a reverse Fitzpatrick. Has the arm not the head for plays. Is better than Lewis, more savvy than Tuel.

I think of him as upper lower class as opposed to middle lower class Lewis and Tuel. Might as well roll the dice on Josh Freeman, except Palmer can be counted on to behave himself.

A mobile Trent Edwards ? Oh well. Bye Thad.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:22 PM
More accurate then any qb on the team but weak arm.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:28 PM
More accurate then any qb on the team but weak arm.

Weaker arm than Claussen, but weak in general ? Was never my thought.

k-oneputt
08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes to both clausen and in general.

ServoBillieves
08-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Who is getting cut to make room for him? Not that it matters, with Palm-daddy in the mix we are guaranteed 1st in the AFC.

Mace
08-25-2014, 07:39 PM
Who is getting cut to make room for him? Not that it matters, with Palm-daddy in the mix we are guaranteed 1st in the AFC.

Almost has to be Lewis.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 08:05 PM
Almost has to be Lewis.

Cut all 3.

Pick up Palmer, Lindley and Alex Tanney.

Mace
08-25-2014, 08:08 PM
Cut all 3.

Pick up Palmer, Lindley and Alex Tanney.

Palmer, Tanney and Brynn Renner though.

Meathead
08-25-2014, 08:27 PM
one word: nick rolovich

Typ0
08-25-2014, 08:32 PM
I like it. But get Orton too and cut Tuel and Tad.

Mr. Pink
08-25-2014, 08:59 PM

Just saw the commercial...he definitely says "The NFL was scared of me."

Dr. Lecter
08-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Flutie might be the most overrated (by fans) sports figure in the history of Buffalo sports .

Ted Nolan gives him competition though.

Homegrown
08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
The "Flutie Era", it created some entertaining talk radio with Chuck Dickerson back in the day....

OLDSRIP
08-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Just saw the commercial...he definitely says "The NFL was scared of me."

I guess his ego hasn't taken a break since he retired.

coastal
08-26-2014, 06:30 AM
Flutie might be the most overrated (by fans) sports figure in the history of Buffalo sports .

Ted Nolan rules.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2014, 06:39 AM
The Curse of Flutie lives on.

That's what this franchise gets for screwing* the fans out a Super victory.

*Benching Flutie for playoff game against Tenn.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Right. Based on Flutie's history of NFL playoff success.

Oh wait......

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Ted Nolan rules.

Is that you Mrs. Hasek?

Thurmal
08-26-2014, 07:18 AM
The Curse of Flutie lives on.

That's what this franchise gets for screwing* the fans out a Super victory.

*Benching Flutie for playoff game against Tenn.
Flutie would have lost that Tennessee game by 20 points. Everyone forgets that the Little Field General was successful b/c he had the #1 defense two years in a row.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-26-2014, 07:23 AM
I'm not Robosack apologist but RJ was NOT the reason we lost that game vs. Tennessee. Still, with that said, that game always kills me because I'm convinced we win the superbowl that year if we beat Tennessee

Night Train
08-26-2014, 07:26 AM
Flutie would have lost that Tennessee game by 20 points. Everyone forgets that the Little Field General was successful b/c he had the #1 defense two years in a row.

Flutie played well during the 2nd half of 1998...then everyone had film on him and he was done.

better days
08-26-2014, 08:00 AM
No that was Jesse Palmer who I think the Bills had or at least tried out at least at one point.

I don't remember the Bills giving him a tryout.

Jesse is a Gator who was with the Giants for a while.

Now is with ESPN & does College games.

Tom Caughlin told Palmer in an interview that Palmer finally found a job he was well suited for.

better days
08-26-2014, 08:06 AM

The Bills would have been ahead by 20 points in the last minute if Flutie played that game & the Home run throw up would have meant nothing.

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 08:07 AM
I thought I heard that one too.

He divided the Bears locker room and was absolutely terrible when he first came into the NFL.

You can't put that on Flutie. Jim McMahon refused to accept him on the team and undermined him from day 1.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
The Bills would have been ahead by 20 points in the last minute if Flutie played that game & the Home run throw up would have meant nothing.

Right. Flutie had been so dominant that year. Uh-uh

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 08:11 AM

He came to the Bills when the team was in shambles and gave them life. We haven't made the playoffs since he left. The mindless hate of Flutie is truly bizarre.

mightysimi
08-26-2014, 08:12 AM
He would be more successful now than he was then. Well I believe anyways.

better days
08-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Right. Flutie had been so dominant that year. Uh-uh

Flutie was MUCH more dominant than Robo sack.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2014, 08:16 AM
He came to the Bills when the team was in shambles and gave them life. We haven't made the playoffs since he left. The mindless hate of Flutie is truly bizarre.

Except he did not give them life.

It is not mindless hate. It is stepping back and looking at what that team was all about and looking at Flutie's history in the NFL.

People act like Flutie came in with magic pixie dust and did everything by himself

Woodman
08-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it he's better than what we have at backup. (info on Bears)

better days
08-26-2014, 08:23 AM

It is not mindless hate. It is stepping back and looking at what that team was all about and looking at Flutie's history in the NFL.

People act like Flutie came in with magic pixie dust and did everything by himself

I don't think anyone said Flutie did anything by himself, but Flutie made much better use of the people around him on offense than Johnson did.

And he got rid of the ball quickly & completed passes.

Johnson would just stand back in the pocket patting the ball until the OL could not hold back the defense anymore then Rob would get sacked.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2014, 08:27 AM
I am not defending Johnson.

There is a difference between realizing that Flutie was crap and saying Johnson was something special

better days
08-26-2014, 08:31 AM

There is a difference between realizing that Flutie was crap and saying Johnson was something special

Well, there is a difference between saying Flutie was better than Johnson & something special as well.

As was said before, that Wade Phillips defense was really good.

I think if Flutie played against the Titans, the Bills would have won that game & no telling how far they would have gone.

Historian
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
I'm not Robosack apologist but RJ was NOT the reason we lost that game vs. Tennessee. Still, with that said, that game always kills me because I'm convinced we win the superbowl that year if we beat Tennessee

I think the Rams would have killed us with the pass.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-26-2014, 09:19 AM
I think the Rams would have killed us with the pass.

historically, it seems the number 1 defense almost always comes on top of the number 1 offense in the superbowl. recently anyways

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 09:36 AM

Yeah he actually did a lot all by himself. Attendance was down in 1997 because we had a bad 6-10 team that scored the 2nd fewest points in the league. In 1998 with Flutie we were 10-6 and had the 7th highest scoring offense. That's a major turnaround in a year. In 99 we were 11-5. Flutie was a winner. I'd sure take that right about now.

Mahdi
08-26-2014, 09:48 AM

The Bills had a 21-9 record with Flutie at QB. He made things happen with gutsy plays and kept the chains moving which also helped keep our dominant D fresh.

He also knew how to connect with our best WR (Moulds) regularly. Moulds probably loved having Flutie at QB.

DynaPaul
08-26-2014, 11:17 AM
I can't believe you guys are still debating Flutie vs. Johnson. I thought we were done with this like 10 years ago. Move along now.

TacklingDummy
08-26-2014, 11:18 AM

Someone gets it.

How many easy points did RJ set Tenn. up for?
The Saftey and TD afterwards is 9. How many the Bills lose by?

Bill Cody
08-26-2014, 11:48 AM
Someone gets it.

But but but Flutie's so...so...short

swiper
08-26-2014, 11:58 AM

Flutie was a guy that would really bring out either one's "glass half full" or "glass half empty" side quickly. Some plays were electric. Some plays were just duds.

gebobs
08-26-2014, 12:43 PM

The Dennis Dixon experiment is already over? Say it ain't so!

justasportsfan
08-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Someone gets it.

how cute. Still longing for Flutie.

kishoph
08-26-2014, 12:50 PM
He was Blake Bortles pre-draft QB coach fwiw.

It's presumed he will be a future QB coach, so having him here certainly can't hurt Tuel and Manuel. If something would happen to Manuel, I think we'd see Tuel go in, even if Palmer is here. Whaley and Marrone are sticking with Manuel, so I rather have someone that can teach him than give up a draft pick, or even ridiculously, CJ Spiller to have a guy sit on the bench. Plus who's out there ? Kirk Cousins, why because he's had a "good preseason" and according to Joe Thiesman has played better than RG III, big deal Thad Lewis has played better than RG III this preseason. Or is it because Cousins was so awesome last season throwing 4 TD's and 7 picks with a 5.5 y/a and 58.4 QB rating ?

Mahdi
08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
It's presumed he will be a future QB coach, so having him here certainly can't hurt Tuel and Manuel. If something would happen to Manuel, I think we'd see Tuel go in, even if Palmer is here. Whaley and Marrone are sticking with Manuel, so I rather have someone that can teach him than give up a draft pick, or even ridiculously, CJ Spiller to have a guy sit on the bench. Plus who's out there ? Kirk Cousins, why because he's had a "good preseason" and according to Joe Thiesman has played better than RG III, big deal Thad Lewis has played better than RG III this preseason. Or is it because Cousins was so awesome last season throwing 4 TD's and 7 picks with a 5.5 y/a and 58.4 QB rating ?

The crazy thing is that Palmer is very possibly the best and most experienced QB on the roster.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh God he's wearing #5... Not Trent... NOT TRENT! (post concussion Trent)

justasportsfan
08-26-2014, 01:54 PM

Ted Nolan gives him competition though.Bledsoe, Flutie was just a better option to Robosack. Bledsoe was brought in through a trade with a rival team and they even had a parade for him.

OLDSRIP
08-26-2014, 02:31 PM
I can't believe you guys are still debating Flutie vs. Johnson. I thought we were done with this like 10 years ago. Move along now.

Well I still wanted the Bills to keep Lamonica instead of Kemp.

k-oneputt
08-26-2014, 02:48 PM
The crazy thing is that Palmer is very possibly the best and most experienced QB on the roster.

True, and he is a marginal backup lucky to be in the league.

better days
08-26-2014, 02:58 PM

Well, Palmer has the most experience watching game film without question.

black N yellow
08-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh God he's wearing #5... Not Trent... NOT TRENT! (post concussion Trent)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/26/trent-edwards-juron-criner-released-by-raiders/

kishoph
08-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Well I still wanted the Bills to keep Lamonica instead of Kemp.

If we would of kept Lamonica, we would of never had such greats as Ed Rutkowski, or Dennis Shaw.

DraftBoy
08-26-2014, 03:50 PM

Well given that he's been in the league more than two years he's definitely the most experienced.

jimmifli
08-26-2014, 03:52 PM

That's never been the argument.

RJ was worse. RJ fans were wrong. As that controversy fades into history RJ supporters try to reframe the debate to they both sucked". It's disingenuous.

gebobs
08-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Well given that he's been in the league more than two years he's definitely the most experienced.

Just not game experience. EJ threw more passes in the first half of his first game last year than Palmer has in his career. Heck, even Dennis Dixon has more attempts. :-)

The Jokeman
08-26-2014, 05:16 PM

RJ was worse. RJ fans were wrong. As that controversy fades into history RJ supporters try to reframe the debate to they both sucked". It's disingenuous.
As an RJ supporter I looked past his getting sacked as poor play because to me I'd rather a guy get sacked than turn the ball over. Yet in retrospect I can admit the sacks lead to his inability to stay healthy is what prevented him to be the great full time QB. As if you look back he had some pretty good games against St Louis, San Francisco and New Orleans in 1998 and the Colts in 1999 and then the game I can also remember his game against KC in 2000 and San Diego in 2001 when he literally left everything he had on the field in both. Yet I always wonder what happens if we give him the chance to start once he got healthy again in 1998 instead of keeping Flutie as the starter for the rest of that season and the most of the 1999 season. Most likely he'd get hurt again but no one knows for sure. In case you don't remember those games here's a link to his game log for his career http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnRo00/gamelog/ and you can then click on the actual game to read play by play. As I'll admit I forgotten about a game he had against Green Bay in 2000. But let's not forget RJ played 1 regular season game before coming to Buffalo, how many games did Flutie have under his belt with the USFL, NFL and CFL before coming here? Of course he'd be more developed than RJ and to me the margin of difference between them was small. The only thing is RJ didn't always get the breaks case in point the Tennessee playoff game, if we tackled Dyson before he reached the end zone do you think we would have benched RJ after he lead us to that FG that looked like was going to get us a win? Not likely RJ be applauded for his gumption to make an amazing play with his shoe off and sock flapping all over the field.

better days
08-26-2014, 05:17 PM
Just not game experience. EJ threw more passes in the first half of his first game last year than Palmer has in his career. Heck, even Dennis Dixon has more attempts. :-)

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Palmer should be a great Coach.

better days
08-26-2014, 05:19 PM
As an RJ supporter I looked past his taking as poor play because to me I'd rather a guy get sacked than turn the ball over. Yet in retrospect I can admit the sacks lead to his inability to stay healthy is what prevented him to be the great full time QB. As if you look back he had some pretty good games against St Louis, San Francisco and New Orleans in 1998 and the Colts in 1999 and then the game I can also remember his game against KC in 2000 and San Diego in 2001 when he literally left everything he had on the field in both. Yet I always wonder what happens if we give him the chance to start once he got healthy again in 1998 instead of keeping Flutie as the starter for the rest of that season and the most of the 1999 season. Most likely he'd get hurt again but no one knows for sure. In case you don't remember those games here's a link to his game log for his career http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnRo00/gamelog/ and you can then click on the actual game to read play by play. As I'll admit I forgotten about a game he had against Green Bay in 2000.

Well, as a Bucs fan, I watched RJ after he left the Bills.

He was God awful.

swiper
08-26-2014, 05:21 PM

+1 to gebobs for always coming in with facts first.

better days
08-26-2014, 05:25 PM
+1 to gebobs for always coming in with facts first.

Check my post #68, I was FIRST with the facts.

swiper
08-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Check my post #68, I was FIRST with the facts.

You're never first with anything but *****. Go bloviate yourself in the bathroom again. Worst poster here. Least football intellect. Day after day after day.

You should be turned over to Father Baker for the stupidity you spew.

The Jokeman
08-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Well, as a Bucs fan, I watched RJ after he left the Bills.

He was God awful.

He was because at the point he was damaged goods but let's not forget RJ did lead your Bucs to an important win that secured you getting a bye the first week of the playoffs the year you won the Super Bowl.

better days
08-26-2014, 05:42 PM
He was because at the point he was damaged goods but let's not forget RJ did lead your Bucs to an important win that secured you getting a bye the first week of the playoffs the year you won the Super Bowl.

The year the Bucs got to the Super Bowl & won it in spite of Rob Johnson, not because of him.

The Jokeman
08-26-2014, 05:50 PM
The year the Bucs got to the Super Bowl & won it in spite of Rob Johnson, not because of him.
I agree Johnson did the Flutie thing where he did enough for you guys to win at the end. That said if he doesn't help you win that game you don't get a bye and there's no telling for sure that your Bucs win the Bowl if have to play an extra game.

EDS
08-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Just so I get this straight, the "veteran" QB the Bills brought in to mentor EJ has 15 career passing attempts, was out of football for half of last season and lost a back-up QB competition to Jimmy Clausen?

DraftBoy
08-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Just so I get this straight, the "veteran" QB the Bills brought in to mentor EJ has 15 career passing attempts, was out of football for half of last season and lost a back-up QB competition to Jimmy Clausen?

GO IRISH!

sudzy
08-26-2014, 06:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000383673/article/robert-griffin-iii-struggles-tom-brady-surges-in-nfl-preseason

At this point, the Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF) just might have the worst overall quarterback situation in the entire league.

kishoph
08-26-2014, 06:20 PM

Who just so happens to be a QB coach working with EXOS a leading training facility for players entering the NFL draft, where 7 #1 draft choices have trained (Jadeveon Clowney, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Jake Long, JaMarcus Russell, and Mario Williams). So if he's good enough to be training young QB's there (including Blake Bortles), he might just be good enough to teach Manuel and Tuel something, even though he "lost a back-up QB competition to Jimmy Clausen".

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Who just so happens to be a QB coach working with EXOS a leading training facility for players entering the NFL draft, where 7 #1 draft choices have trained (Jadeveon Clowney, Andrew Luck, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Jake Long, JaMarcus Russell, and Mario Williams). So if he's good enough to be training young QB's there (including Blake Bortles), he might just be good enough to teach Manuel and Tuel something, even though he "lost a back-up QB competition to Jimmy Clausen".

Phew! I feel even better now knowing they helped Mr. Purple Drank, JaMarcus Russell. haha.
but in all seriousness, hopefully you are right.

EDS
08-26-2014, 07:02 PM

So he helped train Bortles? Correct me if I am wrong but Bortles, the third overall pick in the draft, is sitting behind Chad Henne?

YardRat
08-26-2014, 07:11 PM
Hopefully neither he or Tuel ever see the field, except for the rare mop-up opportunity. If that turns out to be case, I could give two ****s about who is holding a clipboard on Sundays.

kishoph
08-27-2014, 03:29 AM
So he helped train Bortles? Correct me if I am wrong but Bortles, the third overall pick in the draft, is sitting behind Chad Henne?

Try and spin it any way you want, bottom line is he is working with a (the) top training facility for players entering the NFL, coaching young QB's. But keep your negative comments coming, because they are amusing. Truth is I very rarely read your post, because you're far less significant than more knowledgeable "trolls" such as Fletch, Swiper and Spiked.

swiper
08-27-2014, 03:58 AM
Try and spin it any way you want, bottom line is he is working with a (the) top training facility for players entering the NFL, coaching young QB's. But keep your negative comments coming, because they are amusing. Truth is I very rarely read your post, because you're far less significant than more knowledgeable "trolls" such as Fletch, Swiper and Spiked.

ROFLMAO. As opposed to your pimping NFL zero Jordan Palmer. Get a life.

DraftBoy
08-27-2014, 05:18 AM
ROFLMAO. As opposed to your pimping NFL zero Jordan Palmer. Get a life.

He's not really promoting him as a player, he's simply stating what many well respected NFL people have already said. Peter King most notably talked about Palmer's effect at EXOS and the work he did with Bortles pre-draft (which was featured on ESPN's pre-draft mini-series). We all know this is EJ's year whether we like it or hate it, may as well surround him with as much help as we can.

He's already got a stable at RB, and a pretty good WR corp. If he needs help getting out of his own head and Palmer can do that then why not?

If he sees field then the season is already over anyways.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2014, 06:40 AM

I could not disagree more.

Go back and look at the responses to comments here and how people are saying "You didn't lke Flutie?? but, but, but he was better than Johnson!!!"

Which is never the point I made here.

It is a complete lack of logic to take my criticism of Flutie as some kind of endorsement of Johnson as a number here have done.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2014, 06:44 AM
I agree Johnson did the Flutie thing where he did enough for you guys to win at the end. That said if he doesn't help you win that game you don't get a bye and there's no telling for sure that your Bucs win the Bowl if have to play an extra game.

It was incredibly ironic that Johnson had a very Flutie like game that day and the Flutie people ripped him for it.

Just like he did against the Titans.

Dr. Lecter
08-27-2014, 06:45 AM
Someone gets it.

I assume you also blame Flutie for the loss to Miami in the playoffs?

pmoon6
08-27-2014, 06:54 AM
I could not disagree more.

Go back and look at the responses to comments here and how people are saying "You didn't lke Flutie?? but, but, but he was better than Johnson!!!"

Which is never the point I made here.

It is a complete lack of logic to take my criticism of Flutie as some kind of endorsement of Johnson as a number here have done.It's an either or thing. If you liked Flutie, you had to hate Johnson and vice versa.

Kinda like the Beatles and the Stones in the '60's. You could like one or the other, but not both. Now I'm showing my age.

Take heart though Lecter, you're dealing with denizens of a football message board. For the most part, they have the IQ of an amoeba. Of course, there are some exceptions.

gebobs
08-27-2014, 07:25 AM
The Bills have sucked so bad the last 15 years that some people are still grappling about a qb controversy from '99.

Pathetic.

Back to the original topic, what about Kyle Orton? What's so wrong with that guy that he's not working? Sure, he's 32 and his best years are long past, but surely he could be a veteran presence. At least he has some experience unlike Palmer.

EDS
08-27-2014, 08:48 AM

I guess taking your point, he did so well mentoring Clausen in chicago that Clausen beat him out.

better days
08-27-2014, 10:43 AM

Bortles was not projected to be drafted so high. THIRD OVERALL pick.

Looks like the training helped Bortles to get drafted higher than he should have been.

IlluminatusUIUC
08-27-2014, 12:02 PM
The Bills have sucked so bad the last 15 years that some people are still grappling about a qb controversy from '99.

Pathetic.

Back to the original topic, what about Kyle Orton? What's so wrong with that guy that he's not working? Sure, he's 32 and his best years are long past, but surely he could be a veteran presence. At least he has some experience unlike Palmer.

That whole situation makes it seem like Orton is not really interested in playing, but hasn't committed to retirement yet.

Bellowing4DaBills
08-28-2014, 02:31 PM
GO IRISH!

Sign Brady Quinn and he automatically moves ahead of Jordan Palmer on the depth chart.

gebobs
08-31-2014, 09:53 AM
I guess we'll see now.