X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmifli
    • Nov 2006

Bradham and Spikes

Bradham and Spikes have been destructive all preseason. It's fun watching them on defense. Spike has been burned a few times in coverage and I expect to see more of that as the season goes on, but overall what a massive upgrade.

I hope he resigns, I'd love to see them play with Kiko next year.

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

Brandon Spikes, MLB, +4.3
    Breakdown: At his best coming forward, Tampa Bay struggled to cope with the Bills’ buccaneering middle linebacker last night. Exposed once in coverage by Doug Martin in the first quarter Spikes was otherwise driving downhill either as a pass rusher or run defender making stops and leaving his mark on Josh McCown.
    Signature Play: Proving not to be a complete liability in coverage, Spikes drove on a badly forced throw by Mike Glennon on his final snap in the game (Q3, 10:11) to punch the Bucs off the field.

Nigel Bradham, SLB, +1.7
    Breakdown:The loss of Kiko Alonso might have raised concerns but right now the Bills’ linebacking corps looks to be a real strength of the defense. The trio of Nigel Bradham, Spikes and Keith Rivers earned a combined +9.9 overall grade and netted 10 stops. This is Bradham’s fourth straight positive grade in the preseason, grading a cumulative +6.2 overall on 76 preseason snaps.
    Signature Stat: Tied Spikes for the team lead with four stops.
  • SeatownBillsFan21
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bradham and Spikes

Thanks this is encouraging

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

Bradham is turning out to be a much better player than I thought he would be.

I wanna see him keep this up all season though, and Spikes' a tank.
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Rivers also had a nice game vs Tampa Bay.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Yeah, the LBers have been encouraging...we're somewhat solid with the front seven going into the season.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Fletch
            • May 2007

Bradham is turning out to be a much better player than I thought he would be.

I wanna see him keep this up all season though, and Spikes' a tank.
            This conversation is a bit premature, don't we think?

Bradham has had two seasons to prove something against 1st-teams during the regular season and he's failed to even prove that he's capable of being an average starting LB.

So he plays well against a team with McCown for a QB and Doug Martin coming off of a serious injury last season and he's great?

This is how we set ourselves up to have our hopes dashed in the regular season. Just sayin'. Bradham did next to nothing in three other preseason games and twice against offenses that really aren't very good and the Giants who are struggling big time, as bad as we are.

Meanwhile no sacks, no INTs, no FFs.

I'll believe it when I see it this regular season that he's even an average starter.
            http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
            (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
            Originally Posted by pmoon6
            The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
            ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• coastal
              Legendary Zoner
              • Mar 2005

It's really too bad about Kiko.

That trio could have been nasty.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

So he plays well against a team with McCown for a QB and Doug Martin coming off of a serious injury last season and he's great?

No one has said Nigel Bradham is great

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Actually Bradham was pretty solid his rookie season. Not great, but certainly he was "average"
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Good post.

The front 7 is the strength of this team.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jimmifli
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                      This conversation is a bit premature, don't we think?

Bradham has had two seasons to prove something against 1st-teams during the regular season and he's failed to even prove that he's capable of being an average starting LB.

This is how we set ourselves up to have our hopes dashed in the regular season. Just sayin'. Bradham did next to nothing in three other preseason games and twice against offenses that really aren't very good and the Giants who are struggling big time, as bad as we are.

Meanwhile no sacks, no INTs, no FFs.

I'll believe it when I see it this regular season that he's even an average starter.
                      Bradham was our best linebacker for the last 6 games of the season. He's been good every time he's gotten a chance to play.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
                        Bradham was our best linebacker for the last 6 games of the season. He's been good every time he's gotten a chance to play.
                        must be the weed
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

It is encouraging.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

Optimism? Positivity? NO MENTION OF EJ?! Something's wrong with the board...

Like the read, and yeah the loss of Kiko was pretty devastating. Kiko filling in on the plays Spikes has struggled with and you fix your problem right there.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                              No one has said Nigel Bradham is great
                              I think that will be changing by the end of this season. He's continuing his high level of play from last season.

If the defense has a couple of good games, he'll get talked about a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X