X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

I Like The Tone Doug Marrone Is Setting

It's not desperate, it's an urgent sense of reality and Marrone is wearing the tone on his sleeve.

He's acting like a coach that knows this franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years. I like that.

Doug Marrone has a very convincing sense of urgency, and he's acting like this season is do or die time. Good.

I don't think that sense of urgency comes from his own vulnerability, it is genuine because he really cares about winning and being great.

Doug Marrone wants to win, and he's acting like a ***** which is what good coaches do.

No more pampers like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey put on the Bills.

Thank God! When's the last time this team had a head coach that was an assertive *****?

Belichick is a *****. Bill Parcells is a *****. Tom Coughlin is a *****. Jon Gruden is a *****. Jimmy Johnson is a *****. Harbaugh is a *****.

Count the rings.

There's a difference between being a ***** like those above, and being a dick like Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey.

The Buffalo Bills need a ***** of a coach to pop the 14 year playoff drought bubble.

Doug Marrone has done everything he can possibly do to have his team ready to go against the Bears.

I like his leadership, and I like how he's taking a stand. He's the most vocal, articulate, outspoken, assertive ***** of a coach this team has had since Marv Levy dropped F bombs on the sidelines of RWS.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: I Like The Tone Doug Marrone Is Setting

So Marrone is a *****

Greggo was a dick

dick.. was a Jauron

Chan was...confused ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Depends on how the team reacts...he could just as easily lose them if he's not careful.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
        So Marrone is a *****

Greggo was a dick

dick.. was a Jauron

Chan was...confused ?
        Chan was a loser.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
          Chan was a loser.
          Yet that POS found a way to win 7 games per season.

I agree he was not good enough but what we got now can't approach his understanding of football.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

They have all been losers since Wade.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

Chan was a loser.
              LOL

Not according to everyone here when he was hired.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              They have all been losers since Wade.
              Only after three seasons.

When they were hired the expectations here exceeded those of this season's team by a long shot.
              http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
              (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
              Originally Posted by pmoon6
              The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
                Doug Marrone has done everything he can possibly do to have his team ready to go against the Bears.
                Yeah, with all of that scoring in the preseason by the 1st team we can now hit the ground running.

You talk as if Marrone has nothing to do with it but motivation and that all that a good coach does is motivate the team and then let's the chips fall where they may.

You don't see any major differences between Marrone and Belichick, Parcells, Coughlin, Gruden, Johnson, or either Harbaugh? Seriously?

Marrone often had a confused, perplexed, and dejected look last season during games that I don't think I've ever seen from any of the coaches you mentioned.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

belicheat is actually a mediocre cheater of a coach who lucked into the best qb of all time that makes him look waaaaay smarter than the rest of his coaching record reveals. but i get your point
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

Chan was a loser.
                    Spiller doesn't think so.

Comment

• Fletch
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      belicheat is actually a mediocre cheater of a coach who lucked into the best qb of all time that makes him look waaaaay smarter than the rest of his coaching record reveals. but i get your point
                      I couldn't agree with you more. I wouldn't say that he's a mediocre defensive coach, he's tops there. But as a head coach, way, way, way overrated.

He couldn't do jack with other QBs that did much better elsewhere, like Testeverde who left him and Cleveland and put up twice the numbers in Baltimore the following year I think it was.

Brady has made Belicheat, not visa versa. Let's not forget, he didn't recognize any talent in particular in Brady, it took an early season-ending injury to Bledsoe to get him to play Brady, kinda like it took a heart attack to Terry Bledsoe, our then GM, to promote Polian into the role of GM here.

Once Brady is no longer his QB you'll see his teams regularly post 8-8 to 11-5 records tops, and that's if our division continues to remain the way it is apart from the Pats.

I doubt that Belicheat ever wins another championship. His team has been the Super Bowl favorite just about every season since his last one and he still can't win one more in 9 seasons.

Post #46

------

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Fletch View Post

I doubt that Belicheat ever wins another championship. His team has been the Super Bowl favorite just about every season since his last one and he still can't win one more in 9 seasons.
                        that just sounds so dumb. you know how hard it is to win a SB. He's won 3. It's too late to say Belicheat is overrated, he's not. he'll go down as one of the best head coaches of all time. I understand Brady is the reason, but he's surrounded Brady with stellar talent for over a decade.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Fletch
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                          that just sounds so dumb. you know how hard it is to win a SB. He's won 3. It's too late to say Belicheat is overrated, he's not. he'll go down as one of the best head coaches of all time. I understand Brady is the reason, but he's surrounded Brady with stellar talent for over a decade.
                          The Pats have been favored to win the SB at the beginning of 8 of the last 9 seasons IIRC. It's been at least 7.

Their playoff record during that stretch is hardly impressive, they've lost to inferior teams three times in the Conference Championships and were outplayed and beaten by inferior Giants teams twice in the SB, once vastly inferior. Not once have his Pats lost to a better team in the playoffs, not once. At least not a better team on paper. He's had his ass routinely handed to him by Harbaugh and the Ravens and even by Ryan at times when Ryan's had half of what Belicheat has had to work with.

If Belicheat were as good as everyone says he is then those things wouldn't have happened.

He's fortunate to have been in the AFCE all this time and to have had Brady.

He is highly overrated. He's got a great mind for D, but otherwise is ridiculously overrated.
                          Last edited by Fletch; 08-28-2014, 07:59 AM.

Post #46

------

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

It's not desperate, it's an urgent sense of reality and Marrone is wearing the tone on his sleeve.

He's acting like a coach that knows this franchise hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years. I like that.

Doug Marrone has a very convincing sense of urgency, and he's acting like this season is do or die time. Good.

I don't think that sense of urgency comes from his own vulnerability, it is genuine because he really cares about winning and being great.

Doug Marrone wants to win, and he's acting like a ***** which is what good coaches do.

Thank God! When's the last time this team had a head coach that was an assertive *****?

Belichick is a *****. Bill Parcells is a *****. Tom Coughlin is a *****. Jon Gruden is a *****. Jimmy Johnson is a *****. Harbaugh is a *****.

Count the rings.

There's a difference between being a ***** like those above, and being a dick like Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey.

The Buffalo Bills need a ***** of a coach to pop the 14 year playoff drought bubble.

I like his leadership, and I like how he's taking a stand. He's the most vocal, articulate, outspoken, assertive ***** of a coach this team has had since Marv Levy dropped F bombs on the sidelines of RWS.
                            Ok time to come clean. Are you actually delusional enough to believe the drivel that you post, or are you jus trollig and attempting to piss people off by being overtly positive over situations that are clearly negative?
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

"Uhh I love these guys...and I love this game....and...."

Comment

Working...
                              X