Wow, I can't even imagine this happening. What would you do if it happened here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Wow, I can't even imagine this happening. What would you do if it happened here?

Just ran across this;

(WEWS-TV) ( )That’s some offensive tackle. An innocent 8-year-old wearing a New York Jets jersey at Sunday’s match-up between Gang Green and the Cleveland Browns in Ohio was pummeled by…

I can't believe that a bunch of adults would actually pick on an 8-year old kid like that.

I'd go ape**** if I saw Bills fans doing that to some kid in Buffalo.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

• imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Wow, I can't even imagine this happening. What would you do if it happened here?

I would lose it and go ape **** too.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Lucidvizion
      Surfing on the Edge of Infinity
      • Feb 2005

Re: Wow, I can't even imagine this happening. What would you do if it happened here?

That's seriously messed up... but taking it out of context, I couldn't help but laugh a little that someone could suffer minor leg injuries from having hotdogs thrown at them.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
        That's seriously messed up... but taking it out of context, I couldn't help but laugh a little that someone could suffer minor leg injuries from having hotdogs thrown at them.
        At least the hot dogs didn't cause a concussion.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

There's never an excuse to beat up/ruin a little kid's day. It's deplorable.

With that said, who knows maybe that kid was being a little cocky jerkoff that we all know some 8 year old boys could be, especially for a Jets fan.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

November 18, 2010
            Breaking news right there.

But I agree, fans are beyond stupid about opposing fans these days. We've had a real problem with it on the west coast with the Dodgers-Giants rivalry.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gebobs
              One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Lucidvizion View Post
              You missed the part that the kid was tackled in the parking lot?

But kids heal fast. Four years later and he's probably gotten over that trauma enough to have wings thrown at him by drunken Bills fans when the Jets visit in November.
              Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                • Aug 2013

I really think we are nearing a tipping point of the downfall of Football. Between the over-corporatization, the out of control fans and the mostly unwatchable product for those teams that don't have a top 10 QB it has to be so.

Comment

• gebobs
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                  I really think we are nearing a tipping point of the downfall of Football. Between the over-corporatization, the out of control fans and the mostly unwatchable product for those teams that don't have a top 10 QB it has to be so.
                  Damn straight. I think we're past the tipping point. Anyone under 30 has no concept of pro football as a sport as opposed to the marketing spectacle it has become. It's sad.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                    Buffalo Bills Fan
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                    I've maintained that for some time. Add in the concussion thing, Lem Barney's comments earlier this year, the goings on in the NCAA...the "super" conferences, the union issue, the O'Bannon court decision.
                    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
                      Damn straight. I think we're past the tipping point. Anyone under 30 has no concept of pro football as a sport as opposed to the marketing spectacle it has become. It's sad.
                      Have to step in and say I'm 26 and am appalled by what the NFL has turned in to. If you've seen my other threads, the gimmick of what the heads have turned this sport in to completely takes away from the game itself, through rule changes making it nearly unwatchable to everything needing an advertisement stuck on it. I've watched the replays of old games and wish THAT was the game that still existed, not the "fundamentals so kids and women can have a good ol' time" bull****.

As for the kid from back in 2010, sorry, but how does a grown man tackle a kid and he ends up with a bruise? This sounds like 1 person lobbed a hotdog and missed, another drunk fan probably ran in to him or "tackled" him in the rush to get out, or the kid was being a brat (or his father? the article says father-son outing, was she even there?). The rush to get reporters off the lawn and turning down a free trip to a Jets game in a luxury box sounds awfully suspicious.

NOW, on the OTHER hand, if it is true? Fans need to tone it down, it's a game. Barely even enjoyable game anymore. Or leave your kids at home, make this about men again. Hell, I've been going to games since I was 8 and have been knocked around, my parents didn't cry to the Buffalo News, they knew where they were taking me.

/rant.
                      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• gebobs
                        • Sep 2003

It's impossible to say what actually happened from this article and that trail is probably stone cold. A few possibilities occurred to me:

* Mom may have been a bit hysterical. Note that you don't read anything about the father's thoughts.

* The guy may have just been horsing around, went to fake tackle him, and knocked the boy down in his inebriation.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

DISGUSTING!

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

i think we all have a little part of us that would like to beat up an eight year old jets fan
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Maybe the kid had it coming ???

J/K.

Comment

Working...
                              X