NY Post reporting Toronto group "serious" about Bills purchase - they've turfed JBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Homegrown
    Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
    • Jul 2008

NY Post reporting Toronto group "serious" about Bills purchase - they've turfed JBJ

Jon Bon Jovi has been chucked from the group, The Post has learned. The rocker and the deep-pocketed Toronto-based sports team owners who are bidding for the Buffalo Bills have parted way, sources …

Jon Bon Jovi has been chucked from the group, The Post has learned.

The rocker and the deep-pocketed Toronto-based sports team owners who are bidding for the Buffalo Bills have parted way, sources close to the situation said Friday.
    The remaining entities in the group — Larry Tanenbaum, chairman of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, which controls the NHL’s Maple Leafs and NBA’s Raptors, and Edward Rogers, chairman of Rogers Communications — believe they are in a stronger position to win the Bills auction without Bon Jovi, sources said.

The New Jersey rocker had led the group, a source close to the situation said. As the lead bidder, Bon Jovi would have been the principal owner and therefore, under NFL rules, would have to put up 30 percent of the purchase price.
    With Bon Jovi’s net worth at roughly $300 million, according to sources, the group’s highest bid would have been capped at about $1.1 billion.
    With rival bidder Terry Pegula, a fracking billionaire, said to be willing to push a bid toward $1.2 billion or higher, the Toronto group, with Bon Jovi, feared it was bound to lose, sources said.
    “Rogers is very serious” about buying the team, another source close to the process said.
    There have been recent media reports about the Toronto bid falling apart — but in reality it is reforming, sources said.
    Deep-pocketed Donald Trump is still in the bidding, as well. Final bids are due next week.
    Morgan Stanley, the investment bank selling the Bills, has been trying to help Bon Jovi find new backers, sources said. Bon Jovi and Tanenbaum spokespeople did not return calls.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: NY Post reporting Toronto group "serious" about Bills purchase - they've turfed J

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 17m

Two sources in Bills sales process believe Bon Jovi group totally falling apart. They think Tanenbaum/Rogers remaining viable unlikely.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

Re: NY Post reporting Toronto group "serious" about Bills purchase - they've turfed J

By "regrouping" and "being serious" they probably meant they didn't want the circus/joke that was JBJ as part of their bidding process. This doesn't magically make 100's of millions of dollars appear, they actually lost a significant amount from him by cutting ties.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Better chance of moving with Toronto group minus JBJ than with him.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Better chance of moving with Toronto group minus JBJ than with him.
          Starting to sound like zero chance.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

I doubt it. JBJ is the one who really wants to own a team. This sounds like another Morgan Stanley ploy to try and get another couple hundred mill out of Pegula.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

The sad thing is that JBJ isn't the problem here. The problem is an investment group from Toronto is bidding on the Bills. Fans are not stupid. This group just needs to go the **** away.

Comment

• Fletch
                • May 2007

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                The sad thing is that JBJ isn't the problem here. The problem is an investment group from Toronto is bidding on the Bills. Fans are not stupid. This group just needs to go the **** away.
                LOL

Right
                http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
                (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
                Originally Posted by pmoon6
                The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
                ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Morgan Stanley's last ditch effort to Milk the Pegula cow, guess where their headquarters are located ??

Morgan Stanley is a truly global company, with locations and employees around the world. Learn more about where we are and what we do.

Think they have a few friends left in the press there ??

Comment

• chris66
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                    By "regrouping" and "being serious" they probably meant they didn't want the circus/joke that was JBJ as part of their bidding process. This doesn't magically make 100's of millions of dollars appear, they actually lost a significant amount from him by cutting ties.
                    just the opposite if Rodgers is planning on being principal owner he is worth around 5 billion himself

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      I doubt it. JBJ is the one who really wants to own a team. This sounds like another Morgan Stanley ploy to try and get another couple hundred mill out of Pegula.
                      The problem is that JBJ saying he wants to own a team is about as meaningful as me saying I want to own a team because neither of us can afford it.

It seems like he was doing everything on his power to try to buy something without having enough money.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by chris66 View Post
                        just the opposite if Rodgers is planning on being principal owner he is worth around 5 billion himself
                        The problem the Toronto group now faces is not finances, but the known fact that they want to move the team.

The trust is not legally allowed to sell the team to anyone that has intentions of moving it.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                          The thing is they cut ties because of the numbers. JBJ didn't have the $$$ to be the principal owner.

Comment

• sudzy
                            • Apr 2013

JBJ become the focus of Bills fans hatred. That might have been Tanenbaum/Rogers plan all along.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                              The thing is they cut ties because of the numbers. JBJ didn't have the $$$ to be the principal owner.
                              John Kryk of the Toronto Sun is reporting Bon Jovi quit the group, he was not kicked out, for what that is worth.

The end result is the Toronto group can make a higher bid.

But is also well documented that the Toronto group has plans to move the team which should prevent the sale of the Bills to that group.

Comment

Working...
                              X