• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Please name any Bills player that has defended EJ's play this season

The coaches & management are scrambling to get new QB's in house but I'd like to hear the EJ support from his teammates. Has any team members spoke up and said EJ is our QB or even mentioned leader ? The guy has been a hot mess this off-season, so are the players supporting him & his play ??
  • Fletch
    • May 2007

Re: Please name any Bills player that has defended EJ's play this season

The coaches & management are scrambling to get new QB's in house
    Usually there's an unwritten 3 years before a GM and HC can be fired. But in this case, and without a 1st-round pick next year, not to mention no original 4th-rounder either, there's no reason to wait any longer if the team doesn't start winning out of the gates.

Seriously, if this team isn't at least 4-4 at the midway mark, which I think would be semi-miraculous, then just make Scwhartz the interim head coach, fire Whaley, and have GM by internet polling. The results couldn't possibly be any worse.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
    (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
    Originally Posted by pmoon6
    The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
    ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Its like asking if anyone has defended skoobys threads
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        Its like asking if anyone has defended skoobys threads
        Yes quite a bit actually, just not on here all the time.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

They canned 3 of the 4 QB's over the last several days and not one person including coaches has came out on record saying EJ's our guy since then. I have no idea about how it works at other people's jobs but if 3 of 4 folks with the same job title as me lose their job at work, I'd be a little concerned. If I'm the 1 of 4 remaining, I'd like to hear something to the effect about how the management wants to keep me around. Call me crazy but it's been a QB bloodbath at OBD, major changes and minimal words spoken. Notice how there's not been a press conference welcoming Orton ? Wonder what they might ask Orton or the coach when their sitting there ?

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            They canned 3 of the 4 QB's over the last several days and not one person including coaches has came out on record saying EJ's our guy since then. I have no idea about how it works at other people's jobs but if 3 of 4 folks with the same job title as me lose their job at work, I'd be a little concerned. If I'm the 1 of 4 remaining, I'd like to hear something to the effect about how the management wants to keep me around. Call me crazy but it's been a QB bloodbath at OBD, major changes and minimal words spoken. Notice how there's not been a press conference welcoming Orton ? Wonder what they might ask Orton or the coach when their sitting there ?
            LOL.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post

Why did you have to make this post into it's own thread?

Comment

• Bone
                Bone
                • Oct 2006

Mike Williams, Fred Jackson.
                BILLIEVE

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

Wait, I didn't think it was actually "this season" just yet. Yes, I am tired of EJ, and he has let me down in the pre-season but as of yet he is 0-0 for 0 yards for 0 tds, 0 ints, 0 fumbles, 0 sacks, 0 wins, 0 losses, and 0 ties. While I think this team, if it was a smash mouth club that was run heavy and pass light and with Orton at the helm could go 7-9 to 9-7 and sneak in as a wildcard as opposed to the 5-11 to 7-9 I think EJ could obtain I also feel its way too early to judge either one.

Comment

• BillsOverDolphins
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jun 2003

I honestly can't.
                    Oh no!...We suck again!

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                      Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                      • Nov 2012

Bradshaw sucked. I remember the Jim Kelly haters. Haters gonna hate. St. Paul condemns it. You're all going to hell, and then the bills will win a sb.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Muktar al-Portlandi View Post
                        Bradshaw sucked. I remember the Jim Kelly haters. Haters gonna hate. St. Paul condemns it. You're all going to hell, and then the bills will win a sb.
                        Like the old joke that says the Bills fan's in Hell got the devil to turn off the heat, so when it froze over the Bills won the Superbowl.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bone View Post
                          Mike Williams, Fred Jackson.
                          Scott Chandler, Eric Woods

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Is there links to any of this available, so far over 4 boards not one link to one player this season. I guess if you count practice, (which I don't) someone said something positive but how about after the games ? Anyone ??

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

Love for the coach, this is what I'm talking about:

Bills coach Doug Marrone may not be seeing eye to eye with the team's front office about some of the players they've acquired, but there's one guy on the team who's close with Marrone: Mike Williams.

Comment

Working...
                              X