ESPN: 4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

ESPN: 4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY !

Four of our voters -- ESPN Insider KC Joyner, ESPN St. Louis Rams reporter Nick Wagoner, Neil Payne of FiveThirtyEight, and Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas -- picked the Bills to earn an AFC wild-card berth.
    Payne took it a step further, predicting Doug Marrone as NFL Coach of the Year.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: ESPN: 4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY !

Step one: We admitted we are powerless over alcohol -- that our lives have become unmanageable.

Read it in unison, fellahs.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Step one: We admitted we are powerless over alcohol -- that our lives have become unmanageable.

Read it in unison, fellahs.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Fletch
        • May 2007

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        4 voters have the Bills getting a wild card / Doug Marrone COTY
        LOL

Well, talk is cheap in sports media circles. Seriously, so what if you're wrong? What happens? Nothing, you're back at your post next season coming across as an expert again. Who listens to these people.

Anyone remember when years ago, maybe five seasons or so, Cowher as an analyst on whatever network he's on, said that the Bills were going to the Super Bowl after we started 3-0. That turned out to be anything but the case.
        http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...s-haters/page3

Post #46

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm
        (Moderator) My name's Max Yasgur, and I approve of this post.
        Originally Posted by pmoon6
        The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
        ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

Whaley on EJ Manuel: "We think we got a gem in this guy." (2:30)

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
          LOL

Well, talk is cheap in sports media circles. Seriously, so what if you're wrong? What happens? Nothing, you're back at your post next season coming across as an expert again. Who listens to these people.

Anyone remember when years ago, maybe five seasons or so, Cowher as an analyst on whatever network he's on, said that the Bills were going to the Super Bowl after we started 3-0. That turned out to be anything but the case.
          The wheels fell off in Miami that year, I was at that game & everyone was sure the Bills would roll. The Bills got rolled, for months.

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

LOL

Cowher is currently a flack for Time Warner cable. He must show up on my tv 20 times a day.

Comment

• Fletch
              • May 2007

The wheels fell off in Miami that year, I was at that game & everyone was sure the Bills would roll. The Bills got rolled, for months.
              We were overrated, just like we've been in many of the last 14 (or more) seasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
              Cowher is currently a flack for Time Warner cable. He must show up on my tv 20 times a day.
              Listening to Cowher is comparable to listening to a village idiot.

Post #46

The idea that you "won't settle" presumes that you have some kind of control. Delusional thinking at best for a supposed fan of a spectators' sport. Your way to deal with it is to constantly ***** and denigrate any move, any result concerning the team even if it's positive because you don't want your whittle feewings hurt again. It's a protection mechanism.

You shroud your childish approach in a vale of pompous, intellectual garbage in an attempt to look smart and "real". You over-analyze even minute points and manipulate statistics to fit your negative view of the team. Again, to feel good about yourself and to protect from getting hurt.

Of course, the criticisms are obviously from someone who has no understanding of the team concept or what it takes to excel at athletics.

The true "realist" understands that they have no control of what happens on the field or behind the closed doors at One Bills' Drive, so they do the prudent thing for a spectator. They enjoy the games on Sunday with family and friends, cheer for their team and realize that it's just entertainment.
              ------

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said Thursday on NFL Network's Total Access. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

"We are committed. I want you to believe me when I say that," Whaley said of building around the second-year quarterback, per The Buffalo News. "I always tell you guys that I'll never say never because I don't want to paint myself in a corner, but when I do say something, I do it and I mean it and I try to fulfill it."

"We believe the addition of Sammy is going to be instant impact, not only to our quarterback, but to what our offensive coordinator can come up with game-plan wise and how defenses attack us," Whaley said.

"And as Mark says, if in three years maybe he's not [our quarterback of the future], then I'll be sitting there saying 'hey guys', .... anybody got a job for me?" - Doug Whaley

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

the FiveThirtyEight endorsement is pretty exciting only because they tend to be very good with their modelling. it's not just pundit picking from them. they usually have an array of numbers to back up their thoughts.

but perhaps they just wanted to pick one outlier.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Listening to Cowher is comparable to listening to a village idiot.
                  When I lived in PGH, some of the locals gave him a nickname based on his visage.

C**t Lips.

Comment

• Fletch
                    • May 2007

Well, if we're going by his looks, he looks like one of those cartoon character construction guys out of a Bugs Bunny cartoon and talks like someone that's had a few too many bricks dropped on his head over the course of his lifetime.

Are there concussion issues for coaches?

Post #46

------

Comment

Working...
                    X